Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:03 AM
Default Fertility nuking.
So the maximum number of "residents" in a "household" as of the latest patch is 5? Could that be what's causing mysterious issues with people being unable to have kids? And is there any way it can be modded?

Actually I'm confused about the whole resident and household thing. Normally only Hero sims are selectable so... what? What makes a sim considered part of a hero's "household"?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:47 AM
I've modded this now. I'm testing it currently so mod isn't available yet. I chose the number 8 for the max on one lot, to go along with the 8 maximum in Sims3.

All sims have a lot assignment or bed assignment, this is the household they belong to. My female spy for example is assigned to the spy quarters, her children being born there are assigned this lot because they are born there, or because she lives there and they follow the mother. This is why some have reported that they can take a male hero and have as many kids as they want, the kids all live with their mothers, so he never fills up his house as long as he's single.

All the townies you see returning to the VillageShop have that place assigned as their bed/lot. They cannot have children born there, the game isn't made to handle it, presumably because it's a rabbithole or some other technical reason. Therefore it's impossible, or seems to be, for these female townies to become pregnant, whereas the male townies or roleplayer sims seem to have no problem handling the female heroes.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2011 at 11:55 AM
Why is there so much bias and crap towards the mother? So this is why none of my male Heroes are able to have kids with any female NPC's? I thought someone said you can breed with female NPC's and then they return to the Heroe's home lot to have the baby or something... darn. Is there any way to fix this? This really sucks.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2011 at 1:37 PM
I presume that it works fine with female townies if your hero marries them and they move into his home; I haven't tried doing this though.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th May 2011 at 2:04 PM
Shimrod101: You are right; when male heroes have NPC wives they have babies.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th May 2011 at 3:51 PM
This just proves that medieval women all had the fertility treatment award. You know what the Monarch was made for? Death to all NPCs.

As for the actual question, medieval is more than a thousand steps backward when it comes to family. I don't think children will ever be selectable. If they can't age, what's the point? It's just a hunch though.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th May 2011 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BartholomewMaximillion
This just proves that medieval women all had the fertility treatment award. You know what the Monarch was made for? Death to all NPCs.

As for the actual question, medieval is more than a thousand steps backward when it comes to family. I don't think children will ever be selectable. If they can't age, what's the point? It's just a hunch though.

they aren't selectable unless you use rick's debugenabler and shift+right click them.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th May 2011 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
they aren't selectable unless you use rick's debugenabler and shift+right click them.

with the debug i select the kids and develop their relationships with other kids depending on their relationship level the have more thing to say i got them up to a friendly hug. i grow up my kids with edit in cas they dwarf then exit game delete 3 caches and they normal if no interaction than give them a religion with debug. i also notice if you woohoo in the day after 12pm you get a boy and at night a girl. but haven't had twins yet cheese pie don't work.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2011 at 12:56 AM
What is the cheese pie supposed to do?

Test Subject
#10 Old 9th May 2011 at 6:52 AM
Default Wanted Cheese Pie For Twins Dontwork
i want twins identical i cant figure out a way to get in born Sims to HAVE TWINS OR TO MAKE SIMS look alike or put them in CAS save them and make them identical looking. I CAN CHANGE GENDER AND LOOKS IN CAS ALWAYS CLEARING THE CACHE AND CHANGING RELIGION. BUT cheesecake worked in sims 3 FOR TWINS. I TESTED THE DAY BOY NIGHT GIRL THING IN A DIFFERENT KINGDOM IT SWITCHED. ANY WAY FOR TWINS OR A CHEAT AROUND.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 9th May 2011 at 9:40 PM
Uh, cheesecake never worked in Sims 3 for twins. It did in Sims 2, but that's a whole different story.

Plus, seriously, Day=Boy/Night=Girl? Can't people just accept probability?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th May 2011 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I presume that it works fine with female townies if your hero marries them and they move into his home; I haven't tried doing this though.

But I don't want to tie them down to one girl just so they can have kids
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Uh, cheesecake never worked in Sims 3 for twins. It did in Sims 2, but that's a whole different story.

Plus, seriously, Day=Boy/Night=Girl? Can't people just accept probability?

hopefully not.