Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build Set - DIY UPDATED 10th Sept. 2012!

by armiel Posted 1st Jul 2011 at 6:34 AM - Updated 10th Sep 2012 at 1:22 PM by armiel : Added FIXED file for the beams

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 107 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 2:30 AM
Thank you so much for this set....I use it all the time, that is used. My game keeps getting corrupted and my computer keeps getting slower and slower.....getting new computer for christmas (hopefully) downloading again!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#102 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:35 AM
omg xD i love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:20 AM
Henceforth shall ye be known as Armi-el, Angel of the columns and Guardian of keeping the roof from falling upon our unworthy heads and also the Keeper of keeping the riffraff off the petunias.

My sims will maintain a small shrine in your honour. With incense.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 9:37 AM
They look lovely, however, I can't get them to show up in my game. And my game is patched as of pets.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 11:13 AM
I have both Pets and these working, so it's not an issue with the download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 6:26 PM
thanks it is wonderful
Test Subject
#107 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 6:28 PM
Even I have Pets and it still works
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 11:24 PM Last edited by lady_coelura : 25th Jan 2012 at 1:59 AM.
Sorry if I am repeating a question I kinda scanned through the thread to check first for a answer but didn't see one. Are you thinking of making a fence that would match this set too? I Love this set BTW!

Sorry I meant a gate. Brain fart!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lady_coelura
Sorry if I am repeating a question I kinda scanned through the thread to check first for a answer but didn't see one. Are you thinking of making a fence that would match this set too? I Love this set BTW!
I don't quite understand the question - this set has 15 fences that all match each other :P
Test Subject
#110 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:08 AM
I love these so much and have been using them for a while. I've run into a minor problem though. I've noticed that your columns (at least the standard height, thin one) turn partially white when the lot they're placed on isn't selected. I'm currently working on a world where I use these columns a lot in the architecture, so the problem is very visible. Is this a known issue? Is there a way I can solve it?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Virvatuli
I love these so much and have been using them for a while. I've run into a minor problem though. I've noticed that your columns (at least the standard height, thin one) turn partially white when the lot they're placed on isn't selected. I'm currently working on a world where I use these columns a lot in the architecture, so the problem is very visible. Is this a known issue? Is there a way I can solve it?
It's a know issue (known by me at least). It annoys the hell outta me, and I plan to fix it, after I have this current set I'm working on finished. Hopefully I can do the fix within the file, so redownloading the file would overwrite the borked one, instead of having to make it as a completely new object which would mean you'd have to replace all the columns you have used already. When I made these, I never tested how they look in a world view - fail on my part, I know. So yeah, am planning to fix them.
Test Subject
#112 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
It's a know issue (known by me at least). It annoys the hell outta me, and I plan to fix it, after I have this current set I'm working on finished. Hopefully I can do the fix within the file, so redownloading the file would overwrite the borked one, instead of having to make it as a completely new object which would mean you'd have to replace all the columns you have used already. When I made these, I never tested how they look in a world view - fail on my part, I know. So yeah, am planning to fix them.

Wow, that's great news Armiel! This is pretty much the only CC download I couldn't do without, glad to hear it's getting even better. I hope you don't mind if I ask - do you have an idea when they might be fixed, or is it simply time to wait and see?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 12:48 PM
I have to say "wait and see".

The set I'm working on now is quite big, and I wanna make sure I have made it the best I can, to avoid later issues, like with the columns.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 6:41 AM
I prostrate myself at your feet. I bask in the magnificence of your presence. I, your new and humble follower worship you - ooook. Yeah. I'm sure you get the gist that I'm thoroughly enjoying all of your slave - er - hard work. Frustration that EA totally neglected to make edge-abled columns...AGAIN: 0%!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:09 PM
Yeah, I gotta disappoint you after all Virvatuli, for now at least. I tried fixing the objects - seems I have forgotten old Low lod in instead of using one that goes nice with the high lod, and that old mesh is using a diffuce in the way it should not. But after a few tries - swapping just the meshes, and then when that did not work, compiling the file again in tsrw and re-repoing, it still left on a white line. Seems like I would need to completely redo the normal columns, and am not sure if that satisfies a downloader, as I would not be able to make them replace the old files - you'd have to manually replace all the columns you had already used.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:35 PM
Armiel, first up, thank you for this set, there is not a house in my game that doesn't have your DIY build fences! I can live with the white lines on the columns as I don't spend too much time in world view, but, if you were inclined to fix them, might you consider adding a few gates to match the fences? Some of my littler houses just do not look right with the Western US style column and beam arches over the English cottage garden entryways, and of course, no other gates in game presently match up to your fences!

I'm just in the process of a full reinstall, (don't ask, I am a computer klutz), and came here to re-download all your stuff anyway, but, I could wait for a while if there was a fix and some gates possibly coming? Also, I can not wait to try out the DIY buy set (stupid computer crash just as it was released - I nearly cried). That is going to revolutionise my sims interiors!!
Test Subject
#117 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 8:52 AM
I want those houses! :O
Test Subject
#118 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Yeah, I gotta disappoint you after all Virvatuli, for now at least. I tried fixing the objects - seems I have forgotten old Low lod in instead of using one that goes nice with the high lod, and that old mesh is using a diffuce in the way it should not. But after a few tries - swapping just the meshes, and then when that did not work, compiling the file again in tsrw and re-repoing, it still left on a white line. Seems like I would need to completely redo the normal columns, and am not sure if that satisfies a downloader, as I would not be able to make them replace the old files - you'd have to manually replace all the columns you had already used.

If you end up redoing the columns, replacing them individually wouldn't be an issue. I'd gladly do it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#119 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 10:27 AM
nice, could you make the basic beams support off-grid placement? useful for diagonal placement.
Test Subject
#120 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 3:30 AM
I wish it were fixed
I was really looking forward to this CC (it was my first), but whenever I used your fences/roof fences, a big blue plus sign would pop up, and it didn't go away no matter what I tried. I clicked undo, went into Live Mode and anything else I could think of, but the Plus signs were still there (and conspicuous). Please let me know how to fix this because I really want to use this CC. Thanks in advance for your time on the issue.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by datass
nice, could you make the basic beams support off-grid placement? useful for diagonal placement.
Sadly no, it's not possible to make an object both shiftable and move off grid at the same time. Thank you, EA.

Quote: Originally posted by h.craft72
I was really looking forward to this CC (it was my first), but whenever I used your fences/roof fences, a big blue plus sign would pop up, and it didn't go away no matter what I tried. I clicked undo, went into Live Mode and anything else I could think of, but the Plus signs were still there (and conspicuous). Please let me know how to fix this because I really want to use this CC. Thanks in advance for your time on the issue.
A.. Big.. Blue.. Sign? Care to show a pic cause I have no idea what you're talking about?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#122 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:55 PM
Love It!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:46 PM
I really love this set but maybe you should add a zip file with everything in it because downloading them all is quite annoying
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mepwn12
I really love this set but maybe you should add a zip file with everything in it because downloading them all is quite annoying
Maybe you should read the download instructions - if you're downloading all files you have not.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 4:12 PM
THIS UPLOAD HAS BEEN UPDATED

I finally fixed them darn columns, please see main post and the notes at the bottom, and re-download those files!

/me bounces gleefully
Page 5 of 7