Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 6:12 AM
Default Slower Motive Decay Mod
So, I've had it with my heroes having a hearty breakfast and yet almost starving by the time it's noon. Not to mention how easily they get tired. So, I tried looking for a mod that slows the motive decay (both energy and hunger), but the only thing that people suggest is using the testingcheatsenabled hack, which I prefer not to use.

If anyone knows if a mod exists that would fix this annoyance or if anyone agrees with me and is skilled and free enough to make one, please reply.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Legendrian
So, I've had it with my heroes having a hearty breakfast and yet almost starving by the time it's noon. Not to mention how easily they get tired. So, I tried looking for a mod that slows the motive decay (both energy and hunger), but the only thing that people suggest is using the testingcheatsenabled hack, which I prefer not to use.

If anyone knows if a mod exists that would fix this annoyance or if anyone agrees with me and is skilled and free enough to make one, please reply.

If you don't want to mess around editing the ini file yourself, which I completely understand, you don't have to. Treeag made a mod ages back that enables testing cheats. It's a package file that you drop in to your mods folder just like any other mod. You can get it here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?71xdjnbcirf7j7i
I've been using this mod since September last year and never had any problems at all from having it installed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
If you don't want to mess around editing the ini file yourself, which I completely understand, you don't have to. Treeag made a mod ages back that enables testing cheats. It's a package file that you drop in to your mods folder just like any other mod. You can get it here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?71xdjnbcirf7j7i
I've been using this mod since September last year and never had any problems at all from having it installed.

I think you misunderstood me. I already use the testingcheatsenabled mod, the thing I don't like to do is to "drag the bars" to refill the hunger and energy. I want them to actually decay slower.
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 10:50 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 3rd Sep 2012 at 11:50 AM.
I think you misunderstood me. I already use the testingcheatsenabled mod, the thing I don't like to do is to "drag the bars" to refill the hunger and energy. I want them to actually decay slower.

I don't have the problem with hunger and energy that you describe.
My sims eat once a day, occasionally twice. Can't say what it would be like with the glutton trait since I never use it.
The sims I'm controlling, I work round till they sleep between ~1am and ~8am. (I've checked this out, my current sim can stay awake for ~ 20 hours before the neutral tired buff gets to 2 hours left.)
I've checked through the mods I have installed and there's nothing that should be affecting either of these things.
I only drag the bars if I'm testing a mod and I don't want to waste time with sleeping and eating.
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 12:44 PM
Since you're the one that wants it, I'm going to make you test it =P

This is just for hunger just now.
There's code specific to traits, buffs, moods etc. I don't think they need to be changed though. If you could check this out with different traits etc and let me know if it's less annoying, just the same whatever. Run it in a fresh, new kingdom to be safe.

I'd test it myself but, like I said, I don't have the problems with hunger and energy that you do, and, also, I'm meant to be doing other things just now
I've run it in game just to make sure it doesn't do anything adverse though.
My sim can go 27 hours before getting the first red hunger debuff, which isn't too far off what I think they were like before, so I'm not entirely sure how much it's affecting anything at all....changing the same values to zero will freeze it completely though, so I'm guessing it's doing something. The sim I ran it with has scholarly, eloquent and fool as traits.

After you've tested it, assuming it changes anything for you, let me know if you want it slower, since I don't think it's made too much of a difference to mine.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SlowerMotiveDecayHunger.rar (48.2 KB, 1704 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 4:31 AM Last edited by Legendrian : 4th Sep 2012 at 9:51 AM.
After you've tested it, assuming it changes anything for you, let me know if you want it slower, since I don't think it's made too much of a difference to mine.

Thanks so much. I tested this, and it worked out very well. Just as you said, now the sims take approximately 27 hours to get really hungry. But, for me, before using this mod they used to get the very hungry debuff after 14-15 hours, so this is a huge change (and I appreciate it). If you could possibly make something like this for energy, that'd be great. At this point, it takes 22 hours for my sims to get the really tired debuff.
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 7:39 AM
Thanks so much. I tested this, and it worked out very well. Just as you said, now the sims take approximately 27 hours to get really hungry. But, for me, before using this mod they used to get the very hungry debuff after 14-15 hours, so this is a huge change (and I appreciate it). If you could possibly make something like this for energy, that'd be great. At this point, it takes 22 hours for my sims to get the really tired debuff.

I was going to add the energy changes to this one, it was just with all the code for traits etc I wanted to make sure that nothing else needed changed besides the values that I altered.
Is 22 hours not a good amount of time? I'll try and make it later today anyway, just wondering.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 9:51 AM
I was going to add the energy changes to this one, it was just with all the code for traits etc I wanted to make sure that nothing else needed changed besides the values that I altered.
Is 22 hours not a good amount of time? I'll try and make it later today anyway, just wondering.

Well, I would think for a person to be extremely tired (especially in a medieval setting) it should at least be 30-35 hours, most probably 35.
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 1:29 PM
Well, I would think for a person to be extremely tired (especially in a medieval setting) it should at least be 30-35 hours, most probably 35.

:O oh your poor over-worked simmies lol

I've tried to get the energy motive to behave itself but it won't. I've tried to make it freeze so I can see what's affecting it, but nothing at all that I've tried will freeze it, so it looks like it's not being affected at all.
There must be another file somewhere overriding the motives, but I don't know yet what it is.
I can get it to proc the neutral sleep buff, and never change from that, so although the bar will drop till it's yellow, you won't ever be de-buffed and you can do what you like till you decide to send your sim to bed, since they don't realize they're tired, BUT I've done it in such a half-arsed way that I'm not happy uploading it. I'm also not convinced that it won't cause problems at some point. It was a really half-arsed way.

I'll probably fiddle around with it again when I have a bit of spare time and nothing else to do with it. Unless someone who knows more about the values than I do wants to take a look at it... :D
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 8:38 PM
my sims never eat or sleep when I'm controlling them.
Scholar
#11 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 9:53 AM
Found it.
I can get 42 hours before the neutral sleep buff procs, do you want me to lessen it so it's closer to 35?

@Darth.... Ordinarily I'd ask if you want to see my big surprise face, but in your case I'll make an exception and there I was feeling bad for Legendrian's sims :p
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 3:47 PM
Found it.
I can get 42 hours before the neutral sleep buff procs, do you want me to lessen it so it's closer to 35?

Actually 42 hours is fine. xD I don't mind if my Sims are insomniacs.
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 8:09 PM
Actually 42 hours is fine. xD I don't mind if my Sims are insomniacs.

Try this out then. It just affects energy.
It's fine to leave the slower hunger mod in too.
I found that I fed the sim half way through the new time amount, and as soon as they woke up, which makes it a little more reasonable for meal times based on time awake.
A lot of the time with the normal motive decay I was having to feed a sim directly before they went to bed
I kind of like the new feeding times. I'm glad I did these, thanks for the suggestion
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_SlowerMotiveDecayEnergy.rar (643 Bytes, 1256 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 4:51 PM
Thank you so much, it works perfectly the way I wanted it too.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 3:42 PM Last edited by nyaworld : 17th Oct 2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Update on testing
Thank you for the both mods!
I have spent days looking for exactly this. I will test it.

Ok - I tested it and the family I was playing all disappeared (except for a child that was away in boarding school).
Once I removed the two packages, the family appeared again.

I feel like I was really close to getting these two mods!!!
Anyone else run into this issue?
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:25 PM
Would love these mods to work for me!
Thank you so much, it works perfectly the way I wanted it too.

I ran into issues. (see my comment) I have all expansion packs and awesomemod and MasterControl installed as well.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:26 PM
Does this conflict with Awesome Mod (Core) and MasterController (non-Core)?
Try this out then. It just affects energy.
It's fine to leave the slower hunger mod in too.
I found that I fed the sim half way through the new time amount, and as soon as they woke up, which makes it a little more reasonable for meal times based on time awake.
A lot of the time with the normal motive decay I was having to feed a sim directly before they went to bed
I kind of like the new feeding times. I'm glad I did these, thanks for the suggestion

I ran into issues when I used these two mods........
Scholar
#18 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nyaworld
I ran into issues when I used these two mods........

awesome mod and master controller are for The Sims 3.
These motive decay mods are for The Sims Medieval.
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:39 PM
Ooops..
awesome mod and master controller are for The Sims 3.
These motive decay mods are for The Sims Medieval.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that these were for Sims Midieval. I was trying to find motive decay mods for Sims 3.

Scholar
#20 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nyaworld
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that these were for Sims Midieval. I was trying to find motive decay mods for Sims 3.

That's ok. It was interesting reading what happened to your TS3 game with these in.