Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:04 PM
I made a family and forgot to make them related, then when adding a pool, I didn't AT ALL know how to add a ladder and stuff.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:28 PM
Attempted to build a basement and ending with a giant crater in my lot .-.
Instructor
#53 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:10 AM Last edited by ILUVTH3SIMS : 17th Aug 2014 at 12:43 AM. Reason: forgot about sims 1 & 2
lets see i killed a LOT of sims for no reason if they had hair, eyes or something i did not like poff gone
and the i hunted for the got tombstones because i had a mod that was getting annoying they wold just do the dummist things (and i would let them) make food break stuff, burn food and then complain about eating the burnt food and then my alive sims would eat eat
the gnomes i did not know they moved so i had 5 different ones wondering how they got there a sims almost died
and the top one i had no idea how to switch households i was wondering why the goths or any body else did not know anybody else but i would go back and play the game again start a new game and play a new household i had like 5 goth and 6 landgrab and 2 wolf
i did not know that the sims could walk around town and i was wondering why are they always not at their house so i was hoping they would come back, I finnaly found out how to find them (i forgot) the goths became stars because they spent soooo much time at some club and one of the landgrab was stuck oat the heath club on some machine he almost died
Oh yah and rabbit holes scared the crap out of me. i was like who, what, what is this menu where did they go are they dead were the simnapped, I spend like 5 real hours at the movies cause i had no idea how to get out i thought i was some kind of sick joke, i went to netflix i thought they were being killed

Sims 2
I played the pleasant and the dad I have no idea what his name is when up stars with one of the twins and the mom mad something to eat downstairs and she had a fire i had no idea. The dad and the twin were playing up stair for so long i wanted to buy something but the menu black out and i was wondering what is going on
FIRE DOWNSTAIRS She died ever since the i never had two flours in any Sims game never DISASTER
I mad a vampire and she just wanted the LOOK at this in the day light but the grim reaper would not leave he sat down went in the fridge watch tv ate popcorn and started talking on the telephone, He just would not leave

Sims 1 yeah the first
I had no i dead i was playing for at least 3 hours when i first got the game so i wen some where i did not know u were supposed to pause the game. when i came back the roomies were married, I was playing bejeweled before that

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 1:33 AM
To build my house, I built a large rectangle with another on top, same size as a second story. It was a BOX with rooms inside. I played that save for a bit, with needs static (who wants to do all that work?), got bored, killed them off and deleted the save. I had researched all about cheats. (I had the sims 3 pets on console before I had PC, I stumbled across them while looking for cheats for that one.)

Now, I can build beautiful houses based off real houses I have been in, and I know how to care for my sims, and start a new generation from a family.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
I starved fat sims to death, hoping that they would lose weight.

That actually should be the way it should happen. Not starving them to death but having them eat less (never exceeding half of their hunger bar?) every day. I meticulously watched one of my heavier Sims when she ate making sure she never got stuffed and stayed away from snacks but it was only exercise that got her weight down regardless of her eating habits. But then being thinner made her look old and not as pretty so I plumped her back up!
Alchemist
#56 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:57 PM
Bearing in mind that Sims 3 was/is my first and only Sims game, I'd somehow figured out that I could recolor things with patterns...but not that I could recolor the patterns themselves. Cue dozens of box houses with terribly mismatched interiors and exteriors. Now I love trying on "strange" patterns (like metal or tile on clothes) and sometimes get surprisingly good results

This is what happened when my journalist-turned-serial-killer Sim Tammy got enough money (or I cheated, I don't remember):

Yes, it has a lounge area connected to a graveyard. All in the middle of a gigantic pool. This is just basegame stuff, IIRC.

Of course, I also had a dungeon basement, which was much easier to manage when sims weren't teleporting (haven't tried it in a while but last time I did it the unfortunate to-be victim NPC teleported out).

Come to think about it, a lot of my first Sims were stinking rich killers with shitty mansions But considering a batch of my more recent ones (the lovely adopted teen fairy burning some zombies during the full moon)...I guess I really missed that playstyle, lol.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 1:18 PM
Oh yeah, and there was that one time I played Sims 2
I have 2 older brothers that had the game, they are 3 and 7 years older than me.
But, I couldn't write or read, so my sims names was Anne (my name) Ko (Ko is cow in danish), even the males was named Anne.
And I always made a whole family in CAS, the mom had the blond hair, the dad the black and their 6 kids had red and brown hair.
I always wondered why they died so fast.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 7:22 PM
My biggest mistake was trying to turn EA'S SP disaster on and having it competely ruin my game by stuffing household full of pets,causing other households to spawn huge numbers of babies and sims to cheat on their spouses and lose their jobs or switch jobs every other day.That made the game turn into an unplayable nightmare and the other huge mistake was trying to play Mod-free and use EA's overcrowded and over populated worlds.I use custom worlds without populations and play Mod-heavy.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 10:28 AM
I also remember that I never added any windows to houses.
Scholar
#61 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:05 PM
I built this big beach house not realizing my sims wouldn't be able to pay for it, and I left my pregnant sims alone and didn't bother checking up on them, which caused me to lose a bunch of babies (not to the social worker, they just vanished and I couldn't find them ever again)
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 10:22 PM
Customised every piece of furniture/clothing into some garish, outlandish pattern/colour combination. I was excited and it was new. My God.. the monstrosities I created/made.
Theorist
#63 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I wasn't a sims noob when I started Sims 3, so I have no real funny stories about it.

Sims 2 on the other hand, was my very first sims game. [snip...]

Not a newb for Sims 3 but Sims 2 was also my first sims game. Got it December 2007. I didn't play Sims 2 when my husband first got it. I just watched him play. He made his sim self and went on to populate his hood like he always does. After watching him for about a week, I decided I was going to try it. So I made my sim self on his computer, married her to his sim self, and had a baby. I needed a bigger house so I renovated the house to add a nursery. I THOUGHT (operative word here) I had built a large enough room to place the crib, the changer and a toy box. After I finished the room, I put baby in his crib. When he started crying because he was hungry I went to feed him but I couldn't get to him. Being a noob, I didn't know how to rectify this. I couldn't get to the baby in time and he died of starvation ;( I've never played or created another sim self since. I was traumatized by that.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:30 PM
in one of my old Sim family i took my married male Sim to the park.
i made him flirt with a Sim who i thought was a woman but when i zoomed in i realized i was making my Sim make out with a man
Luckily his wife didn't find him cheating on her with a man. but the male Sim he was flirting with wasn't happy when my sim asked him if they can just be friends.
Page 3 of 3