Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2011 at 8:39 PM
Default Different skin colors
It'd be nice to have different skin colors available then the norm. This is fantasy after all.

Preferably skin colors that replace only one skin type so you can chose. Specifically I'd personally like a dark-grey/black (ie some dark elves, drow and dunmer)

I know there is one around that does black but it replaces the palest color too, which I don't want.

Other options would be.. well.. any colors. Greens for dryads. Blues for those blue elves one little side thing talks about. Marble for a statue sim?

I'd like more fantasy in my fantasy game. I just don't have the tools or know-how. ;_;
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:26 AM
I don't really see why they couldn't have given us sliders for skin tones the way we have for hair and eyes. I probably wouldn't use odd colors much, but that's no reason not to have them! This is definitely something I'd like to see too.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd May 2011 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
I know there is one around that does black but it replaces the palest color too, which I don't want.

Same here, I really like Tommytiger's dark elven and orcish skins, but I can't use them because my kingdom is already full of EA elves and they would all be turned into slender orcs.
But I want to use them badly ! My kingdom is in dire need of fantasy.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th May 2011 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
Same here, I really like Tommytiger's dark elven and orcish skins, but I can't use them because my kingdom is already full of EA elves and they would all be turned into slender orcs.
But I want to use them badly ! My kingdom is in dire need of fantasy.

Aww, thanks!

Sorry I'm so late with these - been meaning to do it for a while but I've been dying from schoolwork overload. Here are separates for both. Dunmer skin replaces the second darkest tone (bottom left swatch) and the orc has been changed to replace the one right above that one, not the palest anymore.

Enjoy mix-and-match, and sorry for the delay.

Both genders, works fine as I tested it. Pics here: https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...der_Scrolls.jpg

Tom
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tom_Orc.rar (1.57 MB, 460 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Tom_Dunmer.rar (1.16 MB, 501 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th May 2011 at 6:31 AM
mhm what ive done false? in my Game only the faces switch to the new colors o.o
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th May 2011 at 6:41 AM Last edited by Impatiens : 4th May 2011 at 6:59 AM.
Any chance we could get a paler green? I have no idea how to do this sort of thing myself so I'm at the mercy of you wonderful modders. I was thinking of doing a Wizard based on Maleficent in the Disney version of Sleeping Beauty. She has green skin, but it's a very pale green. I'll just try this green for now, but a lighter one would be awesome!

:: Edit:: I seem to be having the same problem as the poster above me. Only the face changes color the rest of the skin is the same as before.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th May 2011 at 8:08 AM
Actually it appears to be working fine on male sims, but females only have the face change.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th May 2011 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tommytiger
Enjoy mix-and-match, and sorry for the delay.

Thank you so much, especially for taking the time to do it when you had none !

Both (female and male) skins are working just fine in my game, I deleted the cache right after installing them which might be why. Always a good thing to do anyway.
Off to create fantasy sims I go.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th May 2011 at 2:19 PM
mhmh it works, but it dosen't works with detailed-other skins. Mhmh.

Let it fix it to use detailed skins AND other colors?^^
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th May 2011 at 2:25 PM
Works everything for me, i use female sims often and i didn't have to clear cache also: very good job, thanks^^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th May 2011 at 4:46 PM
hm, I wonder what the difference is for people who it's working for? Are you using the green one or the black one or both? I'm only using the green and for me on females only the face is colored. I'll try clearing the cache and see if that works.

Edit: I tried clearing the cache but the green skin is still only working on the female faces for me. Any ideas?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th May 2011 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
hm, I wonder what the difference is for people who it's working for? Are you using the green one or the black one or both? I'm only using the green and for me on females only the face is colored. I'll try clearing the cache and see if that works.

Edit: I tried clearing the cache but the green skin is still only working on the female faces for me. Any ideas?

Do you have any other skin tone mods?

Might have to mess with the order they load. I think you can do that with putting one in a subfolder, but I'm not sure which you'd want to do that for.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th May 2011 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Impatiens : 4th May 2011 at 6:20 PM.
Do you have any other skin tone mods?

Might have to mess with the order they load. I think you can do that with putting one in a subfolder, but I'm not sure which you'd want to do that for.

Nope, no other skin tone mods. I'm kind of at a loss here. I don't understand why it would work fine for the males and not the females. I do have a mod to add more details to the skins when they are in the bath since they look creepy otherwise without the mosaic. That's the only other skin related mod I have though. I'm going to remove those mods and see if that's the issue. Seems odd that the male skin detail mod would work with skin tones when the female one doesn't, but it seems the most likely culprit.

The skin detail mod was the issue. Unfortunate. I hope someone can come up with one that works with the skin tone mod!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2011 at 10:53 PM
Yes, I've verified the problem myself, and putting one in a folder and the other in the main folder, whichever order doesn't fix it.
It's the Medieval_Female_Skins.package.
Unfortunately since those since are not done seperately like these two you can't pick and choose these two and the all the others but the two skin tones.
Ideally the Medieval_Female_Skins.package would be broken up to one for each skin tone.
I had a male one but that can be affected by folder placement.
The female one however seems to take priority over the green and blackish skins other then the face.
I don't think the problem is with his package, but instead with the Medieval_Female_Skins.package.

And since I don't have my sims running around naked I'll probably use Tommytiger's wonderful skins and hope someone makes seperate normal skins for the other things.
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th May 2011 at 11:18 PM
or.. when Tommy are so freandly he make an Set of Diffenrent detailet skin-colors x) (i whould to do it self.. but i hae no idear to export the Textures.. the Photoshop-things are no Problem^^)

Tommy what do you think when we Work (i cant find the English word for the German word (Zusammen XD)) You send me the Texture's i model the detailed Parts, i Send it back to you and you make an package?

how i say.. my english is very very very bad.. but not so bad like the Google translation-tool xD
Im Sorry ^^' i Know its an English forum... but English is not really my Language...^^

have a nice night x)

Btw, when Tommy accept.. what do you thing about other colors?

blass white?
Blass red?

i Mean it gives too many Skincolors wehre ingame looks same...
i Think
Green (an Middle tanned Skin-tone) for Ork's maybe
Drow-Black (the dark Tanned skin-tone) for Drow's
Blass white (The lightest Skintone) for Vampires maybe
Blass red (the darkest white skintone) for demons?

its only an proposition (is that the right word? xD..f** my english is so bad..)

good night^^
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th May 2011 at 6:34 AM
And since I don't have my sims running around naked I'll probably use Tommytiger's wonderful skins and hope someone makes seperate normal skins for the other things.

Yeah that's what Im doing. I only used the skins because the ladies look a little creepy when they take baths with no mosaic without them. Still preferable to the mosaic though!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th May 2011 at 7:13 PM Last edited by garghuul : 5th May 2011 at 7:47 PM. Reason: Clarity
Quote: Originally posted by Harlekin09
its only an proposition (is that the right word? xD..f** my english is so bad..)

yes proposition is the correct word.

It sounds like you are proposing to collaborate (My German is worse than your english) with Tommy. You also feel the skin tones included are too similar, so there should be no tears if some of the defaults are overwritten.

Would that be correct?

I'm going to see if I can figure out how Anach's 6x4 Skin mod TS3 skin tone button expander works, and if the theory can be applied to TSM. 95% chance of fail there, but who knows...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:03 PM
I love these skin mods but I do have one issue. I wish there were some way to make sure they weren't used on random NPCs. I had a green-skinned child wandering around earlier and couldn't even change his skin tone with the edit in CAS option because when you go to the section of CAS that has skin tones it turns them into adults. They never quite look right as adults though. Sometimes the revery to child height. It's odd. Anyway, not a huge deal. I just don't really like random green NPCs
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th May 2011 at 12:30 AM
Garghuul, Yes that is it what i mean^^

i set my choice to the colors to give tsm more colors but without "killing" over-skin-color by my choice it gives

an White Skintone for light-Skinned sims
An Black Skintone for dark.Skinned sims
and the Fantasy-Creature-Colors on Top.

i find theres an nice Set for Skintones

in the moment the Skintones are too... same, to differentiate they Ingame.. you see an difference in CAS but not Ingame when you took two different, Light skintones. whith this set you will become an "bigger" ingame assortment for Skincolors

oh my god i hope you understand what i mean xD

that Language barrier suck off xD

good night

ps: I hope in near future it will give's skintone-sliders like ts3 ... than is that Problem out of the world XD

now really good night
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 1:27 PM
Are there any TS3 skin mods that work for TSM?

There are just not enough skin tones.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 10:19 AM
If these skin tones have been remade for TSM pleas let me know where to get them.

If not then dos anybody know where to get a blue, green, grey and\or pink skin tone that works for TSM?

EuphoriaFaces2ByFawkes
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wV5JMD1OI...es2ByFawkes.png

Metalic-Skin-tones-for-sims-3
http://www.sims3gamer.com/wp-conten...-for-sims-3.jpg
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 4:39 AM
I made some of my own skin tone replacements for TSM...

I used the "Medieval_Female_Skins.package" as a start for the female skins,
it didn't have A readme saying who made it and I tried finding out who but I could not.

Dose anybody know who created the "Medieval_Female_Skins.package"?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by General_Durandal
I made some of my own skin tone replacements for TSM...

I used the "Medieval_Female_Skins.package" as a start for the female skins,
it didn't have A readme saying who made it and I tried finding out who but I could not.

Dose anybody know who created the "Medieval_Female_Skins.package"?

I made a replacement too, but I was still working on it and I hope people will like it. I know there isn't a lot of cc for this game and some ppl will give up on it because of this, I was one of those until I just went crazy and decided to try modding myself. Check it out (last post is the finished version):

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466977
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 2:02 PM
I made a replacement too, but I was still working on it and I hope people will like it.
I know there isn't a lot of cc for this game and some ppl will give up on it because of this,
I was one of those until I just went crazy and decided to try modding myself. Check it out on this page :
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=679474

Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Jan 2024 at 4:48 AM
Thank you so much for all of the new skins!!