Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#4501 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grumpo Marx

"YOU'RE NEXT!"

NO MORE! These toddlers are starting to freak me out! Who am I kidding though, for all we know they are walking demons in disguise...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#4502 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 4:38 PM
When a quick RL potty break turned out to be not so quick, I strolled back to my PC, curious about what my sim had found to do with her uncontrolled time.....

Jack O lanterns

There were Jack o lanterns in almost every inch of floor space (small house) and she was now out in the yard, having run out of room, carving yet another one. More than a dozen, all told, and it was in the middle of Spring. It made me wonder if carving jack o lanterns was a hidden skill or something, because she was whipping those suckers out amazingly quickly.
Lab Assistant
#4503 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 6:34 PM
I finally completed the made the most of my time LTW-or so I thought. Game: Nope, not going to thank you for playing a single parented mum with 7 kids and travelling to the future multiple times which is super buggy with big families. Just gonna laugh at your misery! :D
Inventor
#4504 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 7:10 PM
I recently started playing vampires again just to realize that all they want to do is to stand out in the sun and browse the Internet, I don't even tell them not to anymore, I just watch them die.
Test Subject
#4505 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 7:16 PM
I've stopped making my monogamous sims flirty because they flirt with everyone, and they seem to become attracted to anything with a pulse. >_>
Spice Pony
#4506 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 11:30 PM
I suppose I've got some good ones. How about the time I tried using the tomb system from WA to create a home security system? A massive row of active electricity traps, blocking the only entrance, and controlled from inside the house. In front of the house, a small sign: No trespassing. Violators will be subject to prosecution and nine trillion volts. Let's see the burglars steal my stuff now. So I use cheats to summon a burglar to test it out. Predictably, he just stands in front of the house complaining about the routing failure until the cops arrive to arrest him. Now, let's try it again, and not call the cops. Another burglar comes. She stands in front of the house complaining for half a day, before stealing the sign and driving off on her Kenspa.

My sim was really bummed out about that sign, too.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4507 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kevvii_C
I've stopped making my monogamous sims flirty because they flirt with everyone, and they seem to become attracted to anything with a pulse. >_>

That's OK. My shy, loner, socially awkward, unflirty sims are attracted to anything with a pulse, too. As a matter of fact, forget the pulse. Plenty of pulseless sims wandering around they get their little hearts atwitter over as well. Two words. Ghost woohoo. Oh, and vamps. Even sparkly Sim vamps don't have heartbeats, do they?
Scholar
#4508 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kevvii_C
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Scholar
#4509 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 2:36 PM
I get really freaked out when I pause the game and my sims turn their heads creepily to give me a really unnerving look.
Field Researcher
#4510 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:16 PM
i set up a nice at-home wedding for my sims, invited a bunch of people (usually i limit it to like three), bought an arch, bought cake, bought a nice stereo, etc. i send my sims to get married and as soon as they get to the ring exchange, they stop, stand there swaying, and my girl walks away. he stands there as she just starts talking to people. i send them back. now, as soon as they're about to exchange rings, the groom's mother ages up. everyone stops paying attention (including the bride) to start playing with noisemakers and shouting and all that. an hour later, everyone is finally about over her birthday, so i send them back. THREE TIMES. each time, the bride just walks away. not leaving him at the alter, just casually walking away from the alter because like, what's going on? a wedding? huh. the 'party' started at 5pm and everyone finally left by 2:30am. the wedding did not happen. no one was happy. no one got cake. 5 minutes after the last guest leaves i prompt my troubled couple to get married again, and they just do it. 1, 2, 3, married. i guess they just wanted all of the cake to themselves?
Forum Resident
#4511 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:39 PM
Well, it wasn't my Sims doing this, but this video's too good not to share.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
#4512 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 12:42 AM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 21st Apr 2014 at 12:52 AM.
Okay so one Sim is cooking dinner, and she sets the oven on fire. God damn it fine, go put it out. Fire goes out. It's nearly 11pm and the Sims that are home are sleepy, so I send everyone to bed and fuck replacing the meal my dumbass Sim cremated.

FIRE FIRE THE KITCHEN'S ON FIRE

...There was nobody in there my kitchen spontaneously combust. As the fire fighters arrived to fine me for "fraudulently" calling them out. They then put out the second fire, told me to be careful and buggered off, leaving me staring in utter bewilderment at the screen.

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED

e: WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT IT'S ON FIRE AGAIN guys I think my game is glitching out
ee: two more times I am moving house asap seriously game fuck you
eee: ANOTHER two more fires and it stopped me from moving house so it's time to demolish the kitchen
eeee: uh. So it's time to fuck around with edit household because sheer nothing just set itself on fire
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4513 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:04 AM
Why are so many people having stoves catch fire? I haven't had a burning stove for ages; but maybe this is just compensation for the fact that all of my Sims seem to pee treacle because they clog the toilet every. single. time. Many of them have now maxed handiness, solely from unclogging whatever it is that they execrate into that bowl.
Top Secret Researcher
#4514 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:14 AM
BL00DIEDHELL, I think I've had the same glitch. Here's what you need to do:

Move everyone out.
Raze the lot.
Turn the entire lot into a pond.

Nothing else will stop it.
Mad Poster
#4515 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:18 AM
I've moved them out but I'll do the other two next time I play. And I cheated by using debugenabler to give the new house's stove the fireproof upgrade, because seriously. Eight times in one fucking night is just bananas.

Also babele what the fuck are you feeding your Sims? :P
Scholar
#4516 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 2:56 AM
Lab Assistant
#4517 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:17 AM
Eating ghost chili, getting a bad mood let from it, and eating the ghost chili again. It's about like the real world and the pain of eating at Taco Bell.
Scholar
#4518 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:58 AM
The budget stove catches fire all the time when I play, especially the ones in the uni world when roomies use it. Seriously, the presets for that stove should all be in wood textures, then it would at least make sense.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Theorist
#4519 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:48 AM
I have a family of 6 sims that I moved to a custom lot. When they arrived, they thought that the separated garage was the house. Telling one of them to go into the house from the front door resulted in a stair animation loop, where she kept trying to get up the steps ( four clicks ). Replacing the steps fixed everything. All I did to the lot after placing it was rotate it, and that messed up the steps. So, this must be how normal steps and stealth stairs from the ground get ruined after the author uploads it, the downloader rotates the lot and then stair failure. So, rotating a lot ruins all stealth stairs?
Scholar
#4520 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:33 PM
Apparently the stereo wasn't the only thing that was broken..
Screenshots
Scholar
#4521 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 6:10 PM
I honestly cringe a little bit when ever EA releases a new patch for Sims 3.
Spice Pony
#4522 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 10:27 PM
Earlier in this thread, somebody was joking about having unlocked a succubus lifestate. I think I've found one of those "secret lifestates" myself. Glitchy programming can be a wonderful thing…

So I had a sim that was basically a lesbian Indiana Jones knockoff. Her earliest adventures were in Egypt, where she fell in love with a bookstore clerk. After weeks of frustratingly trying to access high-level romantic interactions for a clerk NPC, I finally got them married, and they moved back to Sunset Valley, leaving the girl's family behind. So one day, much later in their lives, I get the message that my sim's mother-in-law back in Egypt is getting old and will die soon. Feeling lazy, I have my sim invite her over for a visit instead of bothering to buy a ticket. Then, perhaps half a day later, the game informs me that the mother-in-law has died of old age. Well, too bad, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, right?

Guess who showed up on the doorstep a few days later?

I guess my game was disappointed by the then-lack of a zombie lifestate, and decided to create a revenant one. She totally behaved like a revenant, too. She wouldn't leave; she stayed there for weeks, mooching off her living family and sleeping in a sarcophagus in the basement. It was hilarious. She might have eventually disappeared, but I'm not sure, because I eventually had to abandon that game file. In any case, this little unexpected encounter with the paranormal certainly made my sims' lives more interesting.
Scholar
#4523 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:40 AM
Every fucking time I throw a party, one of the guests throws one themselves.
Scholar
#4524 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:25 AM
Converted one of the extra bathrooms into a laundry room. Had my sim clean up the clothes she left behind. Instead of putting them in the washer and washing them like a normal person, she walks outside and throws them on the ground.

Ok, fair enough. You’re a smartass teenager and you’re rebelling against your creator. I said to pick up your clothes which you technically did. Haha. Joke’s on me.

I click the washer next thinking FUCK YOU YUH LITTLE TWIT THERE’S NOT GETTING AROUND THIS ONE.

She picks up the laundry from the ground, walks AWAY from the house, enters the garage and goes down to the basement under the garage and drops the laundry in front of the gem cutter.

I GAVE YOU THE GENIUS TRAIT WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU?

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Lab Assistant
#4525 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
Every fucking time I throw a party, one of the guests throws one themselves.

Same problem here my friend. I was trying to throw a costume party and then someone I invited suddenly goes all "hey I'm throwing a feast party wanna come herpderpderp".
Page 181 of 321