Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 9:37 PM
Default Speed Improvements, Downtime and Smilies
Hi All,

You may have noticed the unusual amounts of maintenance that MTS2 has gone through recently and also the speed problems. This is in part due to the sheer amount of people online (our average number on has gone from 1500 6 months ago to 2200 now) and due to other improvements we have made (the Journal system).

I am pleased to announce that (hopefully) most speed issues should be fixed now and you may have found over the past 24 hours that the site has been a lot quicker. Some nifty detective work, some rewriting of the base vBulletin code and a few grey hairs means you should all be enjoying the site more. It also means that instead of trying to bugfix and look at speed problems, I can now concentrate on adding new stuff, like a better upload system.

One thing you'll notice is that all the "hidden" smilies are no longer available - these have been gone for a while and shouldn't impact much of anything.

Hope you like the speed of the new site, and thanks to everybody who stuck with us!

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:06 PM
Thank you Delphi. You are doing wonderful things for this site.
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:37 PM
Thanks a lot for all your work Delphy, it's admirable to see all the work you do on this site for no pay, Thanks a lot for all your time. Btw there's no big deal with disabling those smilies
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:50 PM
Thanks For That Delphy

you are a very hard worker!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 11:17 PM
Thanks a lot Delphy, I love this site and will send you a packet of hair colour for those grey hairs lol. Keep up the great work.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 11:17 PM
Thanks Delphy! Because a fast site is a happy site!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 11:28 PM
Delpy, your work ethic is amazing!
Thanks as always for this site. I couldn't do any of my recolours without MTS2.

My Sims2 Site - genensims.com
My Art Site - sidneyeileen.com
We Reserve the Right to... oh nevermind.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 11:29 PM
I did notice the site was faster today rather than yesterday. Well, sounds good
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 11:32 PM
Thanks Delphy for the constant improvements you bring to this site. ~Josh
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:02 AM
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:18 AM
all hail the great delphy! the site is working great now.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:31 AM
Thanks for all of your hard work, Delphy!

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:57 AM
Awesome I noticed the site was going a quite slow the last few days

Sincerley,
Ian and his Guinea Pig
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:59 AM
brravo et merci !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Scholar
#15 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 1:45 AM
thanks alot man, speed is everything for dialup modem user like me ^^.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 1:59 AM
u gotta admit, this site has some of the most dedicated people.
Not only is this site the best sim site around, the people who keep it running do it all for FREE!!!
I wana buy u all a drink to say thanku

I read all the comments you leave, even if they are made a year later, thank you all:)

Any lot building requests are considered, just pm me:)
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#17 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 2:38 AM
The speed increase is awesome, thanks for all your hard work Delphy. It's really appreciated - it sucks that people seem to complain about the bad more than thank about the good. So I'm saying a huge thanks
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 3:24 AM
Thank you very much! I'm finding this site quite smooth -- regardless of all the traffic.
Scholar
#19 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 4:59 AM
Why do the mods always think---- the members i suppose --are always complaining?
How can you fix anything if you don't complain,if it wasnt for the members,this site wounldnt be here. Sides i dont mind if its slow, I know Delphy is doing the best he can,
of course i like the old site better, i just dont like new changes.
Thanks Delphy

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 5:20 AM
Thanks so much Delphy. It barley seems like I have dial up with the new speedyness on the site, its awesome! :D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 6:23 AM
i have noticed the site has got faster.. its great. i love all the hard work you all put into this site. what would we do without mod the sims 2?? our sims would look like losers and they would have crap furniture haha
thanks alot

the amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 6:35 AM
Thank you so much for all the time & effort you expend.My game would would not be as nearly as fun without your site & all the talented modders.
Scholar
#23 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 9:02 AM
Just a suggestion, I wonder if the Help Sections and the turtorials forum, could soon be off-site, like the social forums and the adult section now is, as the amount of downtime and maintance because of the downloads here, make those forums unaccessible even though not everyone comes here just to upload or download.
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 10:12 AM
thank you for all the hard work.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 10:41 AM
Okay Delphy, what kind of blood sacrifice did the internet gods demand of you for this one?

The site is running MUCH faster. Thanks for updating us on the issues, and fixing the issues. You rock as a site Admin and our beloved Modder of all things.

All Hail Delphy! All Hail Delphy! ALL HAIL DELPHY!!

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum

Simmer Romanus2 - My Yahoo! Group

Requests of Roman items taken. My NON-adult items are FREE to use, as long as they remain FREE! (NO PAY SITES!) I'd appreciate a link back, or a mention, but it's not needed. :D
Locked thread
Page 1 of 4