Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 8:14 PM
Default TSRW does not recognize add-on objects
I have also posted this over on TSR, but seeing that the forums there seem much less busy than this one, I thought I'd better ask here, too.

I am rather new to TSRW but I have done some meshing with TSRW a few months before and that worked fine, so I assume that TSRW is set up correctly and that there is no component missing that is needed for it to run.

Today, I was going to add a logo to a shirt that is part of an add-on, but when I was going to clone said shirt, TSRW only displayed the clothing from the base game. I did some research and found that the paths to the add-ons were not set under "Preferences - Folders", so I assigned those paths but the add-on stuff still doesn't show.

I have restarted TSRW, updated to the latest version, rebooted my PC, double-checked the paths... None of that helped.

Based on the already assigned path for the base game, I assigned the add-on paths in the form "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 3 Late Night\GameData" (yes, it's "Die", not "The"; I'm German).
Is this the correct path?
Is there anything else I need to do for the add-on clothing to show?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 5:41 PM
Base game should just be C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\.

Base Game, by default, will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Game Data, by default, will be C:\Users\*YourUsername*\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

say you installed it on a different drive, you should add a custom path. Though sometimes it works to use the browse option instead. It's a weird thing...
But TSRW won't recognise anything if you add the gamedata folder in the path, because TSRW is actually scanning the entire sims 3 folder and not just the game data, and it will pretty much get confused if you add the gamedata folder in the path. ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:25 PM
Thanks! I removed "GameData" from all paths and now it shows the add-on stuff. The stuff from the base game is also still in there after change of the base game folder reference.