Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:55 AM
i have tested some johna sliders and work great
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaimedeoya

thanks, yes, work really greal !!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
(note that TSM doesn't support TS3's Resource.cfg in Documents, it's back to the game directory for now)

No intro

I made No Intro on request, so I'm reposting it here. Rather than be dedicated to this simple mod, why not a thread for modding discussion/release/etc?

Hi Rick the NoIntro Mod isn't working with my version.

Greetings

Harald
#79 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Rookie
Hi Rick the NoIntro Mod isn't working with my version.
There's no reason for it not to, I included blank videos for all video files. What language are you running the game with? I'm guessing German from your signature, and I did blank out SAS_Intro_GER_DE.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
I just put Shimrods Zoom-In CAS Camera in my game and it works!!

The instanceID# on the 4 resources in this mod are exactly the same in the Medieval versions, so I guess this is why it will work.

Checking the Medieval CasCameras .ini's, I see that they have not removed all the stuff on teens, elders, YA, toddlers. This stuff isn't needed, and it's still in there.

The 2 XMLs in my mod (for changing camera speed) I can't check, as S3PE won't read them, but they are there with the same ID.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#81 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:40 PM Last edited by Varnsen : 27th Mar 2011 at 1:28 PM.
Debug enabler (for version 1.1.10.00001)

You will need to enable TestingCheatsEnabled as described in this post in order to enable the debug commands.

Man, I'm realllly new to all this. Feel free to punch me if this is the wrong place to ask.. but how do I install the debug mod? I enabled testing cheats, but I can't figure out where to move the 'Mods' folder and the 'Resource.cfg' file.

I should note, I am a Mac users, but I can figure out where to move this stuff with Windows instructions.

Thanks

Edit: Thanks for replying Rick. Don't want to fill your thread up with tech support, so I won't make a new posts. Having an error which I posted about here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3480947
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#82 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:48 PM
These old instructions should help. Just change all "The Sims 3" to "The Sims Medieval" and ignore the bit about the d3dx9_31.dll.
Instructor
#83 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:01 PM
Are there any live mode camera mods yet?
Test Subject
#84 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:24 PM
Getting back to the remarks about custom quests, I think an important thing to consider might be the "end game" free time quest.
I've read a lot of complaints about how poorly it's been implemented. On the one hand, it's good that we can have this free time to
continue playing around in our kingdoms as we see fit, but the problem (according to what I read, though I haven't gotten there
myself) is that in the free time quest, all the daily duties are removed and there's no way to level up. So if you have a wizard, for
instance, and you hadn't worked on his skills throughout the quest sections of the game, he'll be out of luck once he reaches free
time because he won't be able to learn new spells or gain abilities. As for the lack of daily duties, that sort of takes away the
direction of your character and leaves him or her with a meaningless existence. If people are going to start making quests, it might
make sense to start by editing the parameters of the existing free time quest, perhaps in two version: one with continued XP gain
and daily duties, and one with just continued XP gain (for those who don't care about the duties or who are glad to be rid of them).

Note, this isn't a request per se. It's actually a reply to a post from earlier where someone wanted to see a "free time" quest, perhaps
not knowing that one already exists, but is fatally flawed.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:38 PM
Agreeing With MarkQuinn and certainly many others, I agree with this "End Game" free time quest bring problematic. I really expected to be able to continue on until all pc's were maxed, then being told to wait for the new EP to be released. Guess I've grown used to that with EA. So, yea; big problem here. I sure hate to waste my time buliding my Kingdom to see it fall in a day!! What are all the additional locks on the load menue for? I figured they were for future use. What did I miss?

Burn The midnight oil, it will be daylight soon...
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:19 PM
sorry if its already in this thread but i couldnt find it... where exactly do i extract the "resource.cgf" and the "debugenabler..." in the mods>packages folder. this is the first upload of this thread by Rick fyi. thanks

Perry the Platypus
Test Subject
#87 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:09 PM
is there a way to get some of the items when you use the buydebug cheat? like the ores under the "?" category?
Inventor
#88 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:26 PM
You can use the cheat "enablerespos" to get daily responsibilities to show up while playing in the Free Time Quest. It works. You need to use Rick's Debugenabler mod for Medieval and have the testingcheatsenabled through the command.ini file.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:30 PM
enablerespos is already in the game with only testingcheatsenabled.

or does it just not work in freetime without the debug enabler mod?
Inventor
#90 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:31 PM
Sorry, I didn't try it before I installed the Debugenabler, so you could be right and it's not needed to get the Responsibilities.

I just wanted to let the people that posted above, about wanting Responsibilities while in Free Time, know.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:45 PM Last edited by candys : 27th Mar 2011 at 7:23 PM.
Sorry when I have overread this or when this ist the wrong place to ask.
I'm searching for an mod or cheat to fill up or frezze the needs.
has someone an tip for me?
Instructor
#92 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:35 PM
Is there any way to keep random NPC's OUT of your Hero Sims' private space? Seriously, I'm getting very annoyed about random NPC's constantly coming into my private chambers and using my bathtub, wash bucket, music box, etc.

By all rights the King should throw all these annoying people into the pit for invading his chambers and mooching his wine without permission.

Very aggravating when my hero is trying to sleep and there's some random people dicking around their room that refuse to stay out.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
Is there any way to keep random NPC's OUT of your Hero Sims' private space? Seriously, I'm getting very annoyed about random NPC's constantly coming into my private chambers and using my bathtub, wash bucket, music box, etc.

By all rights the King should throw all these annoying people into the pit for invading his chambers and mooching his wine without permission.

Very aggravating when my hero is trying to sleep and there's some random people dicking around their room that refuse to stay out.

100% agree! I'm sick of other sims just walking into my active sims house and puttering around. Likely it'll be controlled by a "none shall enter" door, like what always get modded up for the other games. Just have to wait until we can mod items in.....

And daggers! And maces! And shields!
Test Subject
#94 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:47 PM
These old instructions should help. Just change all "The Sims 3" to "The Sims Medieval" and ignore the bit about the d3dx9_31.dll.

Thanks for your help Rick, but I'm having more problems.

I made a thread here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=437911 with my problem, but I was told to speak to you. Here's what I posted:

Quote:
I know this forum is for Sims 3 help, but I couldn't find a Medieval one so I hope it's okay I'm posting it here.

Note: The game runs fine without mods.

When I follow This Tutorial for installing the Debug Enabler mod and load up Sims Medieval, I get about 5% through loading and I'm given this error:

Code:
Exception raised

Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0059ea78

Any ideas why or how to fix it?
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 8:02 PM
works great.
thanks for making the mod

if you don't have your game installed in the program files folder, putting the file their might not work. i have my game installed in a different folder (c:\games\). when i put the mod in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\ it didn't work. it was the same way with the sims 3 mods. they never worked for me in that folder either, but they worked fine in the main game folder.

so i put the mod in The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\Packages folder and edited the resource file in the Shared folder so it had:
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package

instead of:
Priority -790
PackedFile Packages/SASAutoBuild*.package
Priority -791
PackedFile Packages/SASDeltaBuild*.package
Priority -792
PackedFile Packages/SASFullBuild*.package
Priority -792
PackedFile Packages/SASToolsData.package
Priority -796
PackedFile Packages/AutoBuild*.package
Priority -797
PackedFile Packages/DeltaBuild*.package
Priority -798
PackedFile Packages/FullBuild*.package
Test Subject
#96 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:19 PM
Default Body Sliders and Modifiers
Quote: Originally posted by jaimedeoya

I've thrown in all of the extra sliders including the more specific ones, they do work and show up but often with no title over the sliders name.

What are you guys doing to remove the clothing so that you can make body adjustments and actually see what your sim looks like underneath?

Is there a base nude dress that someone has released?

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera

Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
100% agree! I'm sick of other sims just walking into my active sims house and puttering around. Likely it'll be controlled by a "none shall enter" door, like what always get modded up for the other games.

I third this!
Once I when my blacksmith was trying to forge a special legendary weapon and really had to concentrate, there were no less than 7 people standing around next to him, talking, arguing and fighting, and another 4 were in his bedroom.
Sometimes I really feel like he should get enraged and batter the heads of them all with his hammer. And what is this busines about the royal counselor walking into the spy's secret chamber writing at her desk? And my king got driven insame by some ambitioned chef who would not stop cooking groats on the royal stove. He would just cook one bowl after the other, placing them on the floor and let them go rotten, and when the king started an interaction to make him stop so that he could cook some nproper meal for himself, the chef would quickly sneak in front of him, start to cook more grats and block the stove. -.
This shameless home-invading is one of the most annoying things in TSM, apart from not being able to change your own children's clothing or the fact that the mercant cannot check today's market and buy goods in one go, but has to come back first and then walk into the village again.
Test Subject
#98 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:36 AM
Sims Medieval Some Sims 3 Cltohing Works
I found something out so I'm going to post it here hope it helps someone, I decided for a test to put some clothing made for Sims 3 into Sims Medieval. I thought I should try some of All About Style's Historic gowns so I went there and Downloaded this dress http://www.all-about-style.com/imag...angown1_AAS.jpg then I took it and placed it into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Mods\Packages and played the game.

I was playing away, minding my own business when suddenly Midwife Althea walked by wearing that dress, you can see the image here
I'm not sure about you guys but they sure look the same to me.

This is the only dress I've tried so far, my problem is I can't see it in Create A Sim Mode even with the disableclothingfilter cheat on, so I'm not sure what to try next, I'm going to test more dresses from there as I'd love to see my Queen in them. I might also try some hair but I need to save my game first, well I hope this excites you guys as much as it excites me, also I only downloaded Full Outfits to test just to be safe no two piece sets yet, oh no, I better start organizing my Mods folder .
Field Researcher
#99 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candys
Sorry when I have overread this or when this ist the wrong place to ask.
I'm searching for an mod or cheat to fill up or frezze the needs.
has someone an tip for me?

if you follow the steps to enable testingcheatsenabled (i believe it's in the cheat codes thread), you can drag the needs back up to full.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#100 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:40 AM
There are differences in the category flags which is why it probably doesn't show up in CAS for the player.
Page 4 of 24