Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2011 at 8:12 PM Last edited by Sarasln : 24th May 2011 at 8:16 PM. Reason: Under the -'s
Meshing failure
Okay, so this happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME I MAKE SHOES FOR THE SIMS 3! This enoys me so much! The shoes becomes a huge failure, and I have NOT deleted any vertex or anything!

I'm new at making clothes for The Sims 3, but I followed daluved1's tutorial in YouTube, and I did every single thing she did, and still, the results fail. I used MilkShape and CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569.25056, and I even tried to make the shoes again and again and again, but it still wont work.

Here is how their were meant to be:

Here is what they became:

Can someone please help me out? I would be soo glad. :lovestruc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and by the way, would someone PLEASE make a shoe-tutorial for MilkShape in YouTube?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 25th May 2011 at 12:55 PM
Need more information - it's hard for me to see exactly what's going on in that pic. Is the problem that the shoe ankles aren't lining up with the body ankles? And/or that the shoes are sinking into the ground? If so, have you imported a body or bottom into Milkshape with your shoes to check the positioning, and have you checked your bone assignments?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2011 at 1:29 PM Last edited by Sarasln : 25th May 2011 at 1:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Need more information - it's hard for me to see exactly what's going on in that pic. Is the problem that the shoe ankles aren't lining up with the body ankles? And/or that the shoes are sinking into the ground? If so, have you imported a body or bottom into Milkshape with your shoes to check the positioning, and have you checked your bone assignments?

Hey, thank you so much for the replay! Yes, the shoes are sinking into the ground. I tried to lift them a up in MilkShape, but they became really high up in the gameplay. No, I have not imported a body or bottom yet, but I will try it out now! :D
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 25th May 2011 at 3:42 PM
Like Cmar said, you can not move the mesh up or down in Milkshape, you will lose the connection with the ankles leaving a gap.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 25th May 2011 at 6:24 PM
Yes, best way to position is with a body to match them up with so you don't get them too high.

If that doesn't work, can you upload the package here so we can take a look?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2011 at 7:42 PM
Yes, best way to position is with a body to match them up with so you don't get them too high.

If that doesn't work, can you upload the package here so we can take a look?

It did work, and they work perfectly.

Are you good to make clothes?
How can I like make two recolors? Like I got one part all pink and the other part all green. It's hard to explain..
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 25th May 2011 at 9:16 PM
Do you mean how do you make clothing with two recolorable channels? There are a lot of clothing tutorials out there... Basically you need to edit the RGB mask as in this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhzOPChJaic Without more information it's not clear exactly what you're asking, so this may not help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2011 at 2:13 PM
Do you mean how do you make clothing with two recolorable channels? There are a lot of clothing tutorials out there... Basically you need to edit the RGB mask as in this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhzOPChJaic Without more information it's not clear exactly what you're asking, so this may not help.

Hey, just what I'm searching for! Thank you!