Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:26 PM
Strings file not updating
I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to send a copy of the 'Strings_ENG_US' file as mine did not update with the newest patch. Resulting in interactions with swimming pools having no text but they are in strings ( e.g. *** DDD0000EAA *** ) and the careers pages for business and athletic being the same.

I have tried repairing the game via Origin, but it doesn't re-download that specific file, but it will download other files, which is very frustrating.

I'd rather not have to re-install the game for one 800kb file, so any help would be much appreciated (over PM?).

Thanks
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:38 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:47 PM
Hello Enriquebell, thanks for your quick reply.

I have tried this method, I even tried changing it to German as a last ditch attempt, but it still didn't work.

The problem is that origin does not seem to download that specific file, since whenever i delete another file in the same folder it will re-download those files but still not the strings file.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:46 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 20th Dec 2014 at 1:43 AM. Reason: added more information
Sorry to tell you this but the only option is a complete reinstall. I have actually had Origin help remotely connect to my computer and they could not fix the issue. Did you take out your Mods folder before updating? This sometimes is the cause of that issue.
Believe me it is frustrating but I spent many hours trying to fix it but alas only the uninstall and reinstall will fix it.
I did read somewhere that the actual download files are stored somewhere in origin via C: Programs/origin but I have not checked it out. That may save the rather large download if you purchased via Origin like I did. That's the only drawback of online games you don't get a physical disc to install from.

Here is the link to backing up and restoring your game. Following this means you don't have to re download the whole game from Origin again....
Im not sure this will help you now but give it a read....
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...ic,21193.0.html