Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:08 AM
Default Will the release date be announced?
I wonder.... The Sims 3 website will be available tomorrow. Will the release date be announced?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:17 AM
Tomorrow? I thought it was the 19th? The release date will probably be announced on that day but it could get delayed...or what if they never announced it and one day said "Hey, it's out! Go get it!" What a surprise that would be huh?
#3 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:25 AM
Yeah, the site launches on the 19th ... so ... next Wednesday is the day.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
Yeah, the site launches on the 19th ... so ... next Wednesday is the day.

ah..... Sorry. I thought it was this wednesday. But will the release date of the game be announced the same day as the site will come up???
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:34 AM
Sounds logical, unless of course they decide to pull the "Coming Soon" for a few more months.

*edit*

Ahh crap.. why did I post this? I wanted to stay a Visionary.. what the heck is a psychic phone pal anyway??

Hmmm.. maybe if I delete this and never post again...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
Sounds logical, unless of course they decide to pull the "Coming Soon" for a few more months.

*edit*

Ahh crap.. why did I post this? I wanted to stay a Visionary.. what the heck is a psychic phone pal anyway??

Hmmm.. maybe if I delete this and never post again...

But is the game going to be released this autumn or winter??? Or is it normal to put a release date for a game a year before?
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:40 AM
The only thing i've been hearing about release dates so far is Spring 09 (even as early as December this year) Definitely not as early as this fall i'm assuming... So, they've got some time if they wish to string us along for awhile.

In my experience, first advertisements come several months before a release. Like with expansion packs, we first heard about Free Time about 3 months ago.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
The only thing i've been hearing about release dates so far is Spring 09 (even as early as December this year) Definitely not as early as this fall i'm assuming... So, they've got some time if they wish to string us along for awhile.

In my experience, first advertisements come several months before a release. Like with expansion packs, we first heard about Free Time about 3 months ago.

I really hope it won't come before spring 09. December would be too early. Do you know when maxis started announcing TS2? How long time before?
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:59 AM
When TS2 was first announced I was somewhere under a rock I have no idea.
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
I really hope it won't come before spring 09. December would be too early. Do you know when maxis started announcing TS2? How long time before?

I don't remember exactly when they started announcing it, but I think it was before makin' magic was released, maybe even before superstar.
I agree about December of this year being too early and fall of this year would definetly be too early, especially with spore coming out in September.

I've been hearing rumors of December of next year, of course those are just rumors...
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:12 AM
I'm not 100% sure of when Maxis formally announced The Sims 2, but it was made known with Superstar. I just looked at the back of the Superstar CD case and it says "The next generation arrives in 2004." The two pictures are obviously from an early build because the UI is completely different looking.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:53 AM
I don't think we are getting an actual date with the month and day until there are at least a few months left before the game ships.
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:56 AM
I think yes, but it will be very vague, like "Spring 09!" - even just "2009!" - no specific month, or day yet.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:48 AM
Exactly.
#15 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:53 AM
I bet we'll get a "Coming Soon!" and that's all. I'm ok with that though.
#16 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 12:16 PM
It looks like The Sims 2 was announced in May of 2003 (http://thesims.ea.com/us/sims2/sims2_pressrelease.html) and the release date was announced in May of 2004 (http://compsimgames.about.com/b/200...y-announced.htm) .

I don't know when they first officially announced the were working on TS3 though. It was quite a bit ago. I know the first rumors of it were some time last year ... maybe even last spring.

Ooh, never mind. Wiki tells all. Apparently The Sims 3 was officially announced in March 2006! (http://www.videogamer.com/pc/sims_2/news-3980.html).

Also,

Quote:
The Sims 3 will be released in the twelve month period beginning April 2008, and while a PC release is a certainty, platform details are currently unknown.

So is that what fiscal 09 means? (I'm ignorant.) In that case ... anytime in the next year! And yeah ... this does make me think that when the site launches, we'll be getting a release date. I think it will be Spring 09, because there's most likely going to be a final EP release for TS2 in the fall.
Inventor
#17 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:46 PM
I'm pretty sure Sims 3 will be out somewhere before Duke Nukem Forever :D

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:24 PM
Who knows, maybe that is part of the grand opening of TS3 official site, whereas aside from official info will also include the release date of the game.
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 3:17 PM
Usually, the developer will announce that a game has "gone gold" meaning its passed all its testing and is ready for commerical release and then shortly there after announce the actual release date. Right now, it sounds like they are finishing up developement and are heading into the test phase.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:53 PM
We'll probably get a "Sims 3 - Coming Soon" page next week. Then sometime in summer, perhaps a trailer (I remember the first trailer for TS2 came out many months before the game and as we found out, featured things not included in the game). Early fall for a release date, late fall for more videos and screenshots etc.

I think spring is the earliest it SHOULD come out. I want them to work nice and hard and not rush it like it seems TS2 was.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:54 PM
The game won't be coming out this year for sure. It was said in the article that they will be working on it this year too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lissielu
We'll probably get a "Sims 3 - Coming Soon" page next week. Then sometime in summer, perhaps a trailer (I remember the first trailer for TS2 came out many months before the game and as we found out, featured things not included in the game). Early fall for a release date, late fall for more videos and screenshots etc.

I think spring is the earliest it SHOULD come out. I want them to work nice and hard and not rush it like it seems TS2 was.

You mean THIS spring???
Please say you mean spring next year...... This fall is also too early.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:11 PM
I'm sure she meant next spring, as this year is too early and they already mentioned the release year being 2009. Games usually get pushed back but never the opposite.
#24 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:38 PM
I'm excited about Spore!

But to be on topic, I think they're planning spring '09, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to fall '09. Games get pushed back a lot. I don't think we'll be hearing a release date 'til about 6 months before the release. So at the earliest this fall they might give us a release date. I'm in no rush. Like Faith, I'd rather not have the bugs.
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:53 PM
Yes I'm sorry, I meant next Spring
Page 1 of 2