Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:38 PM
Default Cool Stuff Coming To The Store...(with images)
SimGuruTaterTot v.2 has posted a blog, previewing what is coming to the store. A Designer's Thoughts: A Gardener's Delight packed with greenhouse objects, composting, some stuff from the Zombies vs. Plants game. I DO WANT!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:47 PM
"a megaphone to let you talk to all of the plants in the garden patch"
This looks amazing, I want this venue so bad, but I don't have any simpoints left Sigh...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:54 PM
Funny how this didn't come with Seasons... Ha... ha :/ good marketing ploy there.

19 - Female - Australia
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:56 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering why it didn't come with Seasons, either. From what I understand, Seasons is a pretty small EP (I'm still waiting for it to be delivered). You think they could have included this. It does look like a really nice set, though.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:57 PM
Seasons is massive isn't it? There's so many features... But I'm sure they could've chucked the greenhouse in there.

But money.

19 - Female - Australia
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:18 PM
Normally I'm pretty frugal, but I'm probably going to cough up th emoney for this because I love the greenhouse pieces.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:26 PM
It's true that this set could have been included with Seasons, but this just solidify their practices with this Sims series. I knew when things are skimpy in the game, it's coming at the store.

I don't care, I am getting it. They had me at ceiling sprinklers.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:27 PM
I'll wait for reports of just how broken the premium content is.
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:00 AM
Oh dear...and me tight on money right now with the Christmas shopping to do too.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:27 AM
You know one of the designers was like, "Look at this badass modular conservatory I made!" And then one of the executives was like, "Yeah, this is worth $15 at least! Let's sell it in the store for 45."

Sorry for the cynicism. It's one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen in TS3. I wish everything was modular like that, counters, sofas, regular roof pieces, skylights, platform blocks instead of official 'levels' for landings and split-levels, etc. I think it would open up A LOT more options and creativity while maybe being easier and more intuitive than the special complicated cheat codes to work around unnecessary limitations we have now. Ugh, sorry again, going off on tangents. I promise, I really do love this game.

Honestly though, while I'm vehemently against the store, I'm going to have to compromise on this and pretend it's a download-only premium content stuff pack.
Inventor
#11 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:26 AM
I doubt it, but I can only hope that the abandoned lemon tree ends up in here.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:57 AM
Personally, I think it looks hideous. Is it great that we're getting greenhouse? Of course it is, but allow me to bitch and nag while EA tries to get over on us once again.

The windows aren't full story height. Of course, we can paint the walls to match, but having a wall of full window would have been nice. Also, a closed alternative would be great. They all appear to be open. Also, I'm curious how this will work in the snow. I don't think these will count as ceilings and I wonder if the snow will fall inside. And, I'm not a fan of the flower PC.

What I do like is the other PC item - it's very versatile and handy. I just wish it was something that EA put in Seasons, considering fan asked for it long before it was announced as a store set. We've been asking for it since supernatural mentions indoor planters. At least the victorian windows make great greenhouse windows.

Overall, I'm pleased, but still disappointed in them.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Retired
retired moderator
#13 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 6:20 AM
Oh. My. Goodness.

I was sitting here trying to do the botanical gardens for my world Grimschurch wishing I have greenhouse assets. And then, then, they bring out those assets, which belong in Seasons, which I can barely (if at all) afford as it is. IN. THE. STORE.

EA can go cuddle a running chainsaw.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#14 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:40 AM
Luna did these greenhouse pieces last year... and did them better.

http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/el-soberao/

Someone did a lot using her pieces, but I don't recall who. Anyway, these work really nicely in-game.

You have to scroll down to 5 de Mayo de 2011.
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 1:44 PM
I guess this explains SimGuruRyan's two slips about greenhouses during the Seasons promotions.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:15 PM
... Okay, isn't a greenhouse supposed to let us plant things inside? Because, I don't want to be kinda black cat on this one, but the only plants I can see on those pictures are in fact outside, and not inside the greenhouse... Gonna check this out a little more in details though...

Oh, and I know we now can have plants inside with the planters from Supernatural, but I still want to be able to plant trees inside without using the moveobjects cheat...
Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:21 PM
It comes with a megaphone so you can talk to your plants all at once. A overhead sprinkling system that will water your plants all at once. A composter so you can fertalize your plants all at once. Hmmm it's definitely worth it, but will it work? I get tired of buying store items, and then they don't work ingame. I have to end up using a mod to fix them. I don't know, I think I'll just wait for the new world that's coming out and buy that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Luna did these greenhouse pieces last year... and did them better.

http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/el-soberao/

Someone did a lot using her pieces, but I don't recall who. Anyway, these work really nicely in-game.

You have to scroll down to 5 de Mayo de 2011.

Nice! I love the wrought iron windows and they are floor to ceiling. I love that. If EA would be stable with the programs used to create their EPs and SPs, I would download more items. Right now I hate downloading, then have to uninstall it, just to wait for something to be updated so I can have a lot look normal again. I will wait until the end of this series to use more CC.

Instructor
#19 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:01 PM
The set is going to be perfect for my gardener fairy!

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:06 PM
Well since the glass roof is described as roof sculptures, I am hoping it is literally that, and sits on a roof and *cuts it out*!! Which means we can start to make proper roof skylights.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:26 PM
Meh, they could have put this in seasons. Thanks but no thanks.
Alchemist
#22 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:45 PM
Yeah, looks amazing, but it should have been in the Seasons EP. They should be ashamed of themselves. Tons of people wanted greenhouses and we were told we were not getting them. Then they are released separately on the store. Ridiculous.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 12:45 AM
Found the community lot done with Luna's arboretum/greenhouse roof pieces:

http://designs4sims.blogspot.com/20...munity-lot.html

I'm going to download it and see how this does in seasons...
Eminence Grise
#24 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 3:58 AM
Sigh... I gotta agree... Seasons was big on coding improvements and interactions, but very light on assets :/ This should have been in it, so world and lot builders could use it without requiring a store purchase
Mad Poster
#25 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:37 AM
I just curious about how the windows will effect the interior during snow/hail/rain. Sure, they look good for the base game, but what's the point of bragging about a sun roof if it'll be a pool shortly after?

I NEED TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 1 of 4