Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 4:24 PM
Default How to enable an item for placing in personal inventory?
Hi,

I have a regular buy mode cc object and I want to be able to place it in sim's personal inventory. I already figured out how to enable it for live mode dragging, but it still cannot be placed in personal inventory. I was searching everywhere but can't figure out where to change it. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks a lot,
~MiaAngelina
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 6:53 PM
It's actually scripted, so you'd have to make a indiviual script for your object Orr clone a drag-able object! I know that there are many decor pieces that happen to have the "drag to inventory" thing. So if you're not familiar with scripting, I would go with that instead
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 8:21 PM
The thing is I am editing an already existing object, not creating my own, so cloning it is not an option for me. It's a crib which looks like a pram. My idea was being able to carry it around and use it at community lots. I sort of hoped there will be a simple way of doing it. Anyway, can you give me any tips on how to make this happen? Is there a script I would need to edit, or is it a matter of making a new one? It should be simple, it's just one parameter, huh? Sadly I've never done scripting in this game, though I do have some basic knowledge about programming.

~MiaAngelina
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 9:24 PM
Actually it would mean that you have to make one since one does not simply edit TS3's existing Scripts Though uhm... I remember someone trying the same thing, who eventually added the crib with the baby still in it in their inventory and eventually the inventory got inaccessible or at least... the inventory went craaazy. So that's something I'd look out for. But I'd actually start of checking out our Scripting tutorials. Just so you understand the basics! ^- ~:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._GeneralModding

And after you wanna give it a try yourself, I'd check out this tutorial:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140401...hp?topic=1118.0
Inventor
#5 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 9:36 PM
modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553783
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I remember someone trying the same thing, who eventually added the crib with the baby still in it in their inventory and eventually the inventory got inaccessible or at least... the inventory went craaazy. So that's something I'd look out for.

Lol, it actually did cross my mind, but I am pretty sure you cannot normally move objects that are being used by sims. Or at least I didn't have an option to drag the crib around when there was a baby in it, so I am not worried about that. I wonder how could anyone have that happen :-D

I will definitely try looking into it and maybe I can figure it out Thanks for the tips ;-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553783

Thank you! I will definitely try it.