Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 24th May 2009 at 3:12 AM Last edited by tinydancer80 : 25th May 2009 at 7:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
Wow.. that really sucks... We get the flash drive, and a special car download (2 cars if you get the CE.) Aussies get a mouse and a mousepad... and you guys get... a pattern?

I am SO sorry....

Peace

Yeah. I'm in TX, and I just pre-ordered The Sims 3 CE from Best Buy, and here's what I get/got:

-The Sims 3 game (avail. June 2)
-Exclusive 2 GB The Sims Plumbob USB drive (avail. June 2)
-New The Sims 3 theme music ringtone (avail. June 2)
-Exclusive game content (avail. June 2)
-Exclusive European styled sports car download (avail. June 2)
-Exclusive Prima Tips/Hints guide (avail. June 2)
-Poster w/ view of Sunset Valley (contained in pre-order package)
-Sheet of stickers (contained in pre-order package)
-Vintage sports car download (code contained in pre-order package/ available on June 2 w/launch of new site)

So I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of extra content I got there :lovestruc I DO want that Sims mouse... maybe it will be available on the Sims store on their site?!
I wanna say that we also get, like, 1000 pts redeemable at the Sims store, but I'm NOT 100% sure on that one. The above stuff I AM.

Normallyyy I wouldn't endorse Best Buy as a place to buy... well... ANYTHING, but I think, in this case, it may be worth it. :p

P.S.- I think, in this case, the price diff. between $50 and $80 was def. worth it. The Prima guide ALONE is... what... $20 if u purchase it separately?!

EDIT: Anybody out there pre-order from any other places that have not been mentioned? I'm intrigued as to the different bonuses that are being offered by different places
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
Here in Aus we're forking out 100 for the base game, and 120 for the collector's edition. Bit of a rort, but oh well :P

Dang, Jenn don't buy retail. I ordered from dstore at the beginning of May and it's only costing me about $85, including freight to Tasmania. I only ordered the base game, I wasn't too interested in the stuff in the collectors' edition.

And... the weekend after the Sims 3 is released there is a public holiday on Monday for the Queen's birthday - good times, shame it's not summer.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 25th May 2009 at 1:35 PM
Ooh I should've done that. And yeah, the sims is released at the same time I begin my uni holidays, so yay me! But I'm hoping one of the retail stores will bring the game out cheaper. I remember with TS2 Toys R Us had it for 85 and I got EB to match it. Hopefully I can do that this time too. (I've already paid a deposit, so to cancel it and order it online would end up costing me the same anyway >.>) But thanks, I might buy the EPs online from now on
Page 2 of 2