Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:08 PM
I noticed that the babies are now swaddled in a blanket instead of just a diaper? About time!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SillySimmer8
I noticed that the babies are now swaddled in a blanket instead of just a diaper? About time!

Funny, because I totally disagree. A blanket is soo lame, and the blanket is stiff and therefore looks horrible graphically. Babies really should have been given clothes to choose from. I don't see why they are so resistant to implementing this feature. It doesn't exactly seem hard.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:20 PM
Beats just a diaper...
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Beats just a diaper...

I'd prefer a diaper because of the stiffness of the blanket I mentioned above.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:23 PM
And what, exactly, does a baby do that it would need a range of motion? As far as I know, until they become toddlers they basically just lay around, eat and crap. :\
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th May 2009 at 11:31 PM
I like the blanket better because it's more realistic. I mean most people don't carry their baby around with just a diaper on ALL the time.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 26th May 2009 at 12:12 AM
Lovin' the new baby animations too, and I'm so glad they can wear their actual clothes while pregnant, looks great. I'm excited now.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 26th May 2009 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
Funny, because I totally disagree. A blanket is soo lame, and the blanket is stiff and therefore looks horrible graphically. Babies really should have been given clothes to choose from. I don't see why they are so resistant to implementing this feature. It doesn't exactly seem hard.
I hate the blankets, too. More logical than diapers, maybe, but less attractive. They don't move their legs around and such and look much less cute. I really wish babies were treated like people instead of objects - creatable in CAS and with their genetics showing and all that, right from birth.

But if they had to do something like this, couldn't they have put the babies in pink and blue onesies or sleepers instead of those blankets that make them look less real, less alive, less animated, etc.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 26th May 2009 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
But if they had to do something like this, couldn't they have put the babies in pink and blue onesies or sleepers instead of those blankets that make them look less real, less alive, less animated, etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A onesie or sleeper seems like it would be a happy medium between diaper and blanket. In Sims 2 I loved how the babies kicked their legs around, especially when the parents were playing with them, but I always felt like they must have been "cold" with only a diaper on all the time. You couldn't even put a blanket over them in the crib. At least it looks like they can movie their arms around, unlike Sims 1 when their arms and legs were completely swaddled.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Inventor
#35 Old 26th May 2009 at 1:07 AM
what was the mod you had that turned nursing back on? OMG, i'd love that!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 26th May 2009 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
And what, exactly, does a baby do that it would need a range of motion? As far as I know, until they become toddlers they basically just lay around, eat and crap. :\

The "play with" interaction is still around, so when someone picks the baby up and tosses it above their head, the blanket looks particularly ridiculous. The blanket would completely fall off if someone were to do that in real life. At the very least, the part behind its head would flop around.

And yes, sleepers/onesies are exactly what I'd prefer. It would be quite simple to have options of just a diaper and a few sleepers - maybe blue, green, pink, and yellow. That wouldn't require any new animations or anything (the way a moving blanket would) since it's pretty much just pasted onto the skin.

Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela

I sooo wish mothers could nurse. It borderline angers me that they haven't included this. It's a fundamental part of humans. We wouldn't exist without it. Not to mention it would make for some very sweet moments (and pictures)
Theorist
#37 Old 26th May 2009 at 3:52 AM
Quote:

Squinge fixed it up for TS2 and it can be found at www.insimenator.org My only complaints with it is that they have to stand up while feeding the baby, and if they're holding the baby and you tell her to nurse she'll put the baby on the floor, then pick it back up first. But, it's handy to have and both mama and baby get some nice benefits from it.

Re: the swaddling in TS3, I saw a screenshot of that the other day and I think it looks horrid having a naked baby sticking up out of a blanket. It wouldn't have been hard at all for EA to put the baby into a sleeper or something. Shoot, I have default over-rides for TS2 that put sleepers on them and even though they're tighter than a real baby's sleeper would be, it looks so much better than a poor baby in nothing but a diaper in the dead of winter.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 26th May 2009 at 5:51 AM
I totally agree about the blankets. I am disappointed in the way the babies are depicted. Little pink and blue sleepers would have been so much better.
The "blanket blob" looks like lazy program writing to me. you know it is possible to write program for a baby with legs that move because they have already done it.

There is a part of me that wonders if it was deliberate. People have been asking for clothing for babies on the suggestion forum of the BBS since the base game of Sims2 came out. Makes you wonder if there are some programmers snickering back at EA: "They're asking for clothes for babies. Lets give them a naked baby in a blanket...It will make them nuts."
Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th May 2009 at 6:09 AM
Hmmm... not sure what my thoughts are, really, on this. It sounded pretty cool to me that they would be wrapped in pink or blue blankets, but then again I haven't SEEN what this looks like in the game. Either way, I'm just SURE a great modder will come along and make something that will make those happy that do not like the whole blanket thing. By the same token, this may be something that has been changed since the making of the version that is now known as "the leaked version". By that I mean animation may have been added to it.

Now, the nursing, I'm not so optimistic about. It seems to be a controversial topic, and EA probably wants NOTHING to do with that.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th May 2009 at 6:20 AM
Oh and don't forget about hair, all babies are not born bald. Both my babies had a head full of hair when they were born. Maybe their reasoning for not giving us clothes and hair for babies is that they're only babies for 3 days, which still would'nt make sense. Hopefully if enough of us complain about this maybe we'll get our wish in an expansion.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 26th May 2009 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vicarious70
Oh and don't forget about hair, all babies are not born bald. Both my babies had a head full of hair when they were born. Maybe their reasoning for not giving us clothes and hair for babies is that they're only babies for 3 days, which still would'nt make sense. Hopefully if enough of us complain about this maybe we'll get our wish in an expansion.

Funny, I actually thought of that too. I guess I thought it would be cute, but it wasn't on the TOP of my wish list. I just assumed that a modder would come along and create that fairly soon after release
Forum Resident
#42 Old 26th May 2009 at 2:23 PM
Hmm...when I think about it, the babies are kind of like objects. Take TS2 for example. They couldn't really do anything, so they were unselectable. And then there's genetics. You could create the most game-breaking-fugly couple, and they'd produce a normal-faced baby every time (and the same face, I might add), because genetics didn't even kick in until the toddler stage.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 26th May 2009 at 2:49 PM
Aw I like the pregnancy better in 3.

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Page 2 of 2