Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2009 at 7:31 AM
Default Pregnancy Video
Here is the first video showing a female sim going to the hospital to deliver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPbDqgrLOSA
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st May 2009 at 7:40 AM
Wow it is interesting
Game need more development imho...Looks a bit like some kind a nintendo graphics...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:09 AM
hmm did we watch the same video Kyle SC? hehe.. granted its not OMGOSH SO IMPRESSIVE but i dont think the graphics were bad at all.. or unless you meant maybe something like Wii then okies.. but when somebody says "nintendo graphics" i think very first nintendo console.. i think its my age showing
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:11 AM
I mean Wii. Graphics especially ZZzs were so much like you would see in Wii priviews
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:17 AM
yeah.. the cartoony thing, i like it, but i think thats just Sims players preference.. more so I just keep in mind that with Sims there are very smart and resourceful people that will figure out to remove things like, just like in Sims 2 there are mods that you can download that remove bubbles and other things like that :D
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st May 2009 at 3:25 PM
Isn't there already going to be a game cheat that lets you toggle on/off the little icon bubbles that appear when they talk? I read it on Snooty Sims. Don't know if the Zzz's count though.

Edit: Watching the video now--I love the man's reaction. XD
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st May 2009 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
Edit: Watching the video now--I love the man's reaction. XD

Remind of the reaction to fire in sims2 xD
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2009 at 3:36 PM
Aw it' so cute! I wonder if in the taxi the guy was cheering because he was about to have a baby or because he likes taxis? ...

Bit off topic, but I love the way they run now.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd May 2009 at 2:41 AM
That video was sooo cute! I thought it was funny how just after mom puts the baby in the crib for the first time, she and hubby go and make ANOTHER baby! LOL... pretty cute! Oh, and from what I could tell, the puke in the morning sickness finally looks realistic (not sky blue)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd May 2009 at 2:51 AM
ARGH it's gone already

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd May 2009 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annalisa
ARGH it's gone already

the video's gone already? Could be because it was a video taken by someone who pirated the game.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2009 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YouTube Managment
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by EA.

As said above that is the reason :D
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd May 2009 at 6:02 AM
Uh Oh... there's another thread that just popped up full of... was it videos or pics from the pirated copy? They should delete that in a HURRY before they get banned for it!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd May 2009 at 6:14 AM
You tube has been taking sudden action which are annoying. I had one video goin on in there for a year, and then all of a sudden they deleted mine and bunch of other cuz it contained a song by Simple Plan.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd May 2009 at 6:47 AM
I hope they'll put one up of a home pregnancy delivery.I want to see if it's changed from the sims 2.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd May 2009 at 6:35 AM
Ahh it's gone! That sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing how different it was from Sims 2
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd May 2009 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xHailOfBulletsx
Ahh it's gone! That sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing how different it was from Sims 2

The hospital way is a lot different.They go to the hospital and soon you hear a heart monitor on the mother and nurses talking.You then hear the baby cry after it's spanked.The mother and father then come out of the hospital with a baby in their hand.I like this a lot better.It's more realistic.I haven't seen the home pregnancy yet.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th May 2009 at 7:00 PM
I'd love to see some home water birth.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th May 2009 at 7:10 PM
me too! but that'll never happen. same with nursing.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th May 2009 at 7:16 PM
I dont think something like water birthing or nursing will find its way into Sims. Sure I would love to see my Sim mom nursing her child that would rock but of course there is always somebody out there that would feel that it was either too "dirty" not suitable for a game or just dump some silly political correctness about it..

I've always wanted more actions/social things between babies and toddlers.. sigh.. maybe in a future EP they will offer more.
Theorist
#21 Old 24th May 2009 at 9:09 PM
Actually, nursing was in the base game of TS2, then turned off. I've had a mod for a long time that turned it back on. I doubt it made it into TS3 at all, though, as some people think it's just too controversial, which is just a silly notion all together since it's the way babies were intended to get their nutrients.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 24th May 2009 at 11:28 PM
Aww...*pouts* I missed it as well...

They go to a hospital to give birth? OMG!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th May 2009 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazyviolet
me too! but that'll never happen. same with nursing.

Same with abortion. Your only alternative is to trap the little tyke in a room with no door, or cheat their age up until they die of old age. It's so inhumane.
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th May 2009 at 9:04 PM
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th May 2009 at 9:31 PM
Those videos are cool. I haven't really been watching any lately, but the game does seem awesome. Im glad they have regular clothes when pregnant so you don't need a cheat.
Page 1 of 2