Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 6th Mar 2015 at 4:46 PM.
Default Are there any other alternative to flag relatives in the game (not Simpe) other than Simblender and will work with Inteen?
In my custom hood, Ive somewhat strict relationship rules where I dont want 2nd/double cousin, step relatives, and close in-law intimate relationships (yes I know its acceptable in many places in real life, but this is a personal preference).

I know that you can flag with Simblender but i prefer using Insiminator because it has some function that are more important to me (Insim doesnt seems have so many features when it comes to flagging sims as family and dont work with Simblender). I also know you can do this in Simpe. Problem with Simpe, is that Ive TONS of playable sims, right now about 250 so Im not so keen on doing on this on Simpe.
I've Inteen so I cannot use those mods that reconize grand-grand parents, second cousins, steps etc as family (faiuwle).

Currently, Im using ACR's "friendzone", but sometimes, its easy to forget who is who and its get so annoying when relatives are not in the relationship panel when you found a good match but are a sim you dont want to intimate relationship to the other sim due personal gamplay preferences OR appear to be a first cousin.

So Im wondering, are there any other mods/hacks that work with Inteen and Insim that allow you flag second cousin and grand-grand parents as family?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:16 PM
Insim and sim blender are compatible. They only show a conflict because they do the same things. But because they are operated by the player it doesn't matter in gameplay because they never have a chance to collide.

There is the Sim Manipulator which does similar things but I don't know what exact features it has.

Alternatively, you could click on the family tree and follow it along to the great grandparents to check second cousin-hood, though it's more time consuming.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 4:18 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 6th Mar 2015 at 4:53 PM.
I do have spreedsheets (both written and visual), but some of my founders has now 20 great-grand kids. So even with spreedsheets, this would be a bit too consuming.

Edit: Added a visual example.
The family in the screenshot is one of the biggest families who have 20 great-grandkids. Even though Ive written down which family trees each spouse is connected to. I.E: Henley's wife is connected to Collins from her father's side and Miller from her mother side, Its still a pain in the neck to remember cousins. The Hamilton has family relation to 9 other famiiles (which is HALF of the hood's population, ive 18 founder households), So If I was trying to look for a mate for Henley's son Heaton, not only do ive to look through all Hamilton relatives but also the other nine families, from both the mother and father's relatives. Heaton has first and second cousins from those families as well.

So rather than "lets see this girl is Heaton's.....cousin/in-law whatever. she is not suitable." it would be alot easier to just flag these sims right away rather than trying to remember what their family relations are. In this family especially, there are very few families who are not related to them...Fortunatly I understand genelogy fairly well, but its not exactly fun to go through each sim and friendzone 100+ sims every generation and sometimes I forget to do it.

Edit 2: I think simblender do the basically same thing as Insim so I find it unnessary to have to similare mods and you never now if they conflict with others. I used to have Simblender to adjust their age, but you can only add or remove 3 simdays but Insim allow you adjust whatever number you want. Ive only heard it can flag family members but I havent dared to use it because Im afraid it would mess up the family trees.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM
Marka93. Most Faiuwle hacks are Incompatible with InTeen, I even mentioned it in the first post. :P
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:47 PM
Must have missed that part but maybe some one can update it to work with InTeen.

One of the reasons I gave up on InTeen and went with S2L mod. I will move over to Wild Child if someone can fix the risky sneak/go out part for it does not conflict with most mods.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:52 PM
I can't give up Inteen because its necessary for my age mods. If a sim doesnt graduate college, they are not adult until they are 27. Playing a pre-modern hood, I prefer younger parents, not mid 30 ones.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 1:26 AM
What's the S2L mod?