Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 9:02 AM
Default WCIF: MOD that stops auto promotion of Employees to Manager
I am looking for a mod that stops people who works as "Employees" being promoted to Manager automatically once they return home form work. This action is done by the game without the consent of the business owner. I am 100% certain this exists somewhere. (I have tried Googling but as I cannot remember the file name or anything relevant in the description, I cannot locate it. Hopefully it has not been moved or taken down).
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 12:34 PM
What's actually happening here is two separate, unconnected, things. When you hire a sim at your business, they stay an employee until you have your boss sim manually promote them to manager: the game can't promote them automatically. However, if the employee sim is playable, the game will automatically enrol them in the special OfB career track, which is just like a normal career track in that if they have enough skill points and friends, and go to work in a good enough mood, they'll be automatically "promoted" to manager in the career track. The fact that a sim has been promoted in the OfB career doesn't mean they've actually been promoted at the business, and they will stay an employee unless you decide to promote them yourself.

Given that, I would suggest Cyjon's Job Stopinator; you can plunk it in the employee's inventory during the time when you want them to stay as an employee, and then if you decide to promote them at the business, you can then delete the Stopinator so next time they go to work in the OfB career track, they'll get a matching promotion.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What's actually happening here is two separate, unconnected, things. When you hire a sim at your business, they stay an employee until you have your boss sim manually promote them to manager: the game can't promote them automatically. However, if the employee sim is playable, the game will automatically enrol them in the special OfB career track, which is just like a normal career track in that if they have enough skill points and friends, and go to work in a good enough mood, they'll be automatically "promoted" to manager in the career track. The fact that a sim has been promoted in the OfB career doesn't mean they've actually been promoted at the business, and they will stay an employee unless you decide to promote them yourself.

Well that's quite informative. I never knew they were separate career tracks that were unconnected. Thanks!