Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#13801 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 5:26 PM
Hey all, new chapter!

Chapter 2: Leisure Day Scrubs
Advertisement
Scholar
#13802 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:26 PM
New Update
Good Luck Mud
Lab Assistant
#13803 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:03 PM
Two chapters today ( ), because I'm so ahead in my game and I'm eager to play more, since I really like my rolls for the next generation, but I want to catch up before I continue... Does anyone else have this problem? Lol

Chapter 3: Autumn Growth
Chapter 4: Spheres of Fertility?
Scholar
Original Poster
#13804 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:30 PM
Yeah, I like to catch up to where I am in game before playing again, just so I can have the most recent session and the ideas it inspired fresh in my mind.
Scholar
#13805 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:48 PM
this is why Big Mud I never rolls before next in chain come in age. Anyway - it adds additional surprise effect :D

(said the one who even does not really start the actual game >.> , ok - I have save from 4th day! ^^)

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Top Secret Researcher
#13806 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:30 PM
Aye, I never play ahead much either, because I've seen so many bloggers give up on the story because they got too far ahead and it became too much work to catch up the blog. In fact recently I was actually behind ingame where I was instory, so I had to play to catch up :D
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13807 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 8:24 PM
I only roll as soon as the next heir is born (when it asks you to pick a name) so that my rolls aren't too advanced. Have to do it this early since some rolls start with birth, like random traits.

I also try not to play too far ahead. I do heir votes each generation so I can't go to far ahead anyway because, at some point, I won't know who I am writing for. I would, ideally, like to be a wee bit ahead but only because I tend to write a chapter and then take a month off. If I kept on top of things, I'd prefer to post at least once a week.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#13808 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:18 PM
Big mud, about the sprinklers not working inside, I was on the nraas site yesterday, & the latest version of tempest fixes sprinklers not working inside. As well as the vanishing leisure days I was wondering about...

If you can fit a nectar rack or a bar anywhere, the nectar is worth more as it ages, which it does in the rack, and also a bar - I don't know if it's all the bars, as my family have a professional bar, because my gen 2 heir moonlighted as a mixologist. I think the nectar is worth more if the same Sim grew the fruit & makes the nectar. But this is a theory based on my quick check of the value of the nectar on the racks, not any proper analysis.
Field Researcher
#13809 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:34 PM
If you don't want to get the professional bar (because it's pretty expensive, especially for generation 1) there's this mod I use that allows for all bars to be turned into professional bars. I love it! You can get it here
Field Researcher
#13810 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:42 PM
I'm terrible with rolling early. I've rolled for generation 4 and my generation 3 heir is still only a teenager, whoops. As for playing ahead, I almost play behind. I'm very organised in the way where I'll only play my legacy family if I need to shoot or build or if I've lost a day due to laptop crashing.
I doubt I'm alone in this, but I always roll for the spares as well, almost as a guide for how to characterise them and what kind of person they'll be. Does anyone else do that? Or am I alone?

My chapter is about 40% done right now. It's a big one and probably going to be long as also. All I'm going to say is that after this, I'll live a happy life with never seeing the colours french lilac or periwinkle ever again!

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#13811 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:56 PM
@FutureCarrie? I also do that, even though I don't blog. It keeps me more interested in the challenge, since I get more invested in "fleshing out" each kid. Often times I have a hard time picking heir because I invest in making them individuals. It's fun, though, because it adds more variety to the challenge for me. And it makes me sometimes pick heirs that I otherwise would not pick because I end up liking them even if their roll is harder.
Scholar
#13812 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:58 PM
I always roll for my generations early, that way I can show how the heir's early life shapes the person they become.

Normally I play only until I have enough for a chapter, write it, post it, then return to the game. Unfortunately this generation involves three different saves in order to tell my way too ambitious idea for generation 3.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Scholar
Original Poster
#13813 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:59 PM
You're not alone, Carrie. Cece used to roll for every kid, play them as if they could be heir, then do a reader poll on who should be heir once the oldest one hit YA. Lol. I think we usually thwarted her plans.

I know some others did this too.

I never quite liked that method, myself. I let other things influence how I write for my spares, up to and including what I have rolled for the heir. Siblings or lack thereof can be a fairly influential part of one's life.
Scholar
#13814 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
You're not alone, Carrie. Cece used to roll for every kid, play them as if they could be heir, then do a reader poll on who should be heir once the oldest one hit YA. Lol. I think we usually thwarted her plans.

My plans are always thwarted. : ( Very rarely is the heir I want the one that wins. Thats why this legacy generation I'm telling the story I want to first and THEN letting people pick whose line continues on.

(To be fair though, the fact that certain plans of mine are thwarted is probably for the best)

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#13815 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marcy
If you don't want to get the professional bar (because it's pretty expensive, especially for generation 1) there's this mod I use that allows for all bars to be turned into professional bars. I love it! You can get it here

I love that mod, I have a whole folder in my mods folder for icarus allsorts mods

I've bought my family the cheapest bar, which coincidently is the base game juice bar, and put it in the garden. As Generation 4's late in life spouse Manon (Goddard, from Champs le Sims) makes nectar after she's cleaned the house, I'll put half the bottles in a rack in the cellar and half in the juice bar in the garden and see if they age at the same rate.

I needed a big stash of nectar for Gen 4 as we needed a party to remember, and then rolled it again for Gen 5!
Lab Assistant
#13816 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 3:18 AM
Yeah, I wanted to roll as soon as my heir is born, in case I roll Photogenic or something, but I ended up too excited about it and now I half want to 3-speed my way to YA stage. I won't, though, 'cuz I love the childhood stages, but it makes it hard. Guess that's why it's called a challenge, though, heh

Thanks for the mod info, LucyBorgia and Marcy!
Field Researcher
#13817 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:03 AM
lol, I am one of the ones that plays WAY too far ahead of myself--and then spends months playing catch up with the story, trying to get to where I am in game. At least I haven't given up on the Kahekilis, I think Colin would hunt me down if I did, haha! I usually roll for the next gen once they are born (or close to being born) except this last time, I did roll Gen 9 and Gen 10 together.

I am hoping to have an update before the end of march on the Kahekilis. It might end up being 2 chapters though. It was supposed to be one chapter---but then---it started getting horribly long (even for me!), so I had to split it up, in kind of a cliffhanger. But is it really a cliffhanger if there's a second chapter to read pretty much right away that tells you what happens next? lol

At any rate, I've finally written the really hard scene, now I just need to let it sit for a bit, and then edit it, and then decide whether I like it well enough to keep it. I'm always on the fence about these things. Sometimes I read it and I think, hmmm, that's not too bad. Then I'll read it on another day and totally hate every word of it. *sigh*

I also need to catch up on some more stories. If only I didn't need to sleep...lol

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#13818 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:26 AM
@Marcy I love that mod, too! It's so annoying when most hangout places had the base game bars, but now I don't mind.

I'm on gen 5, but I've rolled through gen 8. I actually really like the process of rolling, and I like looking forward to the future generations and their rolls.
Field Researcher
#13819 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 1:35 PM Last edited by LucyBorgia : 28th Mar 2015 at 2:35 PM. Reason: unlike the predictive text on my phone, I know the difference between Joyce and juice.
Quote: Originally posted by Big Mud
Yeah, I wanted to roll as soon as my heir is born, in case I roll Photogenic or something, but I ended up too excited about it and now I half want to 3-speed my way to YA stage. I won't, though, 'cuz I love the childhood stages, but it makes it hard. Guess that's why it's called a challenge, though, heh

Thanks for the mod info, LucyBorgia and Marcy!

No problem, Big Mud!

I bring you more information - I had Manon put half of each batch in the nectar rack in the cellar, & half in the juice bar in the garden. The nectar in the juice bar increased in value by a couple of simoleans a day, while in the racks, the increase was at least 5 a day. Moving the juice bar into the cellar made no difference. And Manon has just left us for the Grim Reaper's nectar cellar (at 98 days old), so I won't be doing nectar tests again for a little while.

The cheapest nectar rack is $550, while the juice bar is $640. What I've done in another game is make an inaccessible cellar of 1x2 tiles, just big enough to put a nectar rack in. I had a sculptor who'd made the rack from clay, so it was very cheap!
Lab Assistant
#13820 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:02 PM
I had been playing ahead but then my game fritzed out and everything I had played was irrelevant. Now I'm basically playing to post.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Lab Assistant
#13821 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:28 PM
Short chapter today before I have to leave, my youngest cousin is starring her last middle school musical and we're all very excited and proud :')

Chapter 5: The Curious Incident of the Rain in the Night-time
Lab Assistant
#13822 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:13 PM
My curiosity got the better of me today and I went digging through my backups. I found Roman's mystery momma! Not only did I find her but he has a disappeared sister too! My mind is blown right now.

Random post is random.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Scholar
#13823 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:30 PM
you shouldn't check what is under bed 'till you're able to face that

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#13824 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:01 PM
Guess who has an update!:
Chapter 2.48 One Hundred
The title of this chapter is literal. This is my 100th chapter! Woo! Ah, it feels like just yesterday I made my founders *sniff sniff*

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Lab Assistant
#13825 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:37 PM
I, too, have an update!

Chapter 6: Party People
Page 553 of 676