Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 2:52 AM
Default hair
Is there a default replacement that recolors Maxis black hairs? They all look grayish. And black can be so interesting; jet, blueish, shinning, shaded.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:59 AM
I use these: http://aquilegia.dreamwidth.org/20320.html

Basically, Aquilegia recolored/retextured most of the base game hairs and then default replaced them. They used Pooklet's Dynamite for the black color, so your black-haired Sims using a Maxis base game hair will all have the same hair color. If you want more variety than that, you'd need to download individual default replacements in a variety of colors....which would be a big project, I would think. Anyway, I've used Aquilegia's set for a long time, years. It makes a Sim look less out of place if they get stuck with a Maxis hair, given that most of my custom hairs use Pooklet's Family 1 for colors, which is what Aquilegia used for the colors on this set.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:39 PM
thanks!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..