Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#7276 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 11:57 PM
What's up with peoples obsession with the Ottomas family? They are crazy to me. Dora's crazy, Peter's crazy, the kids are crazy, and Samantha is manipulated by Dora to have 1000 kids. Which she doesn't mind, but the family can't afford 1000 babies, especially after Dora dies. The Ottomas are straight up madness.

Maybe I'm not a big fan of them, because I basically ignored them when I got seasons years ago.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7277 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 11:57 PM
I find doing the Marry Off 6 Children LTW hard enough. I've never filled it, although since I'm loosely doing Amuras Alien meeting point challenge I'm going to try to fill the LTW for the first couple. (Both Sims want to marry off 6 children, and actually doing it would help towards populating the town with alien hybrids.)
Scholar
#7278 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:00 AM
The Ottomas are one of my favorites, I find Samantha incredibly pretty. They're a handful family to play but so much fun, too. Dora often fights with everyone she meets but usually falls in love with Luis Aspir. I like to get her and him married before they pass.

Each to their own though, eh? :P
Mad Poster
#7279 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:44 AM
@Fyren5 - Dora and Luis Aspir are also a couple in my game! Though Luis is trying to work up the courage to pop the question...

I like the Ottomases because they're a challenge to play.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#7280 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:52 AM
He didn't hesitate in my game when they went on a date, it's cool how dates push Sims to proposal and marriage! :P
Mad Poster
#7281 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:54 AM
In my game, Dora ran off in the middle of the date because she had to pee. It would've gotten to dream date otherwise.

I just noticed that in my testing hood, that iteration of my self-Sim has "woohoo 20 sims" as her LTW. I'm laughing.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#7282 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:03 AM
I get very frustrated with Samantha and her endless obsession with having more babies while not caring for those she already has, but Tommy is my all-time favourite Sim so I have to play them to play him. This time around, I aged Peter and Samantha up to a proper age for them to be David's parents, which meant no more babies after the twins. Much easier!
Mad Poster
#7283 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:10 AM
I was setting up a photo-shoot for my Secret Santa gift (shhhhh!), but things went slightly wrong when I accidentally selected "reign of fire" on the Sim Manipulator instead of snow.

The mailman gave a jaunty wave as he walked right through the flames.

Top Secret Researcher
#7284 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
The Ottomas are one of my favorites, I find Samantha incredibly pretty. They're a handful family to play but so much fun, too. Dora often fights with everyone she meets but usually falls in love with Luis Aspir. I like to get her and him married before they pass.

Each to their own though, eh? :P

I like the Ottomas Family as well. I don't think they are that hard to play from what I can recall, I have not played any of them recently.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7285 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:20 AM
They get a bad reputation because the babies Samantha is pregnant with often turn out hideously ugly.
Top Secret Researcher
#7286 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:40 AM
LTWs are so unbalanced! I've tried fulfilling the 50 dates one, but gave up halfway 10 kids isn't a ltw while maxing 7 skills is. (Which one takes more time?!) Reaching the top of one career apparently equals FIVE FREAKING TOP BUSINESSES. The "having 3 children graduate from college" doesn't even fulfill properly.
I think EAxis rushed this game
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7287 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 8:51 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Dec 2018 at 9:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Just for fun, I took this test to see which TS2 premade family matches my personality and...
When I finally got the test to load I got

The Oldie Family

You've taken up knitting, rarely stay out past 10pm, and love a good cup of tea.

You should play with the Oldie family on your next game of Sims and show the cute family of two how to party old-school.

I don't know about going to bed at 10 p.m. That's when I usually start up my game. And I think I typically choose to play a teenage Romance Sim looking for new friends to make out with.

[EDIT] I see it's "rarely stay out past 10pm", and I'd misread it as "stay up past 10pm". That is true; with an elderly parent to care for, I don't really have much choice. My Sims on the other hand go out to nightclubs at that time, take a powerful energy drink, and then bop till morning. . . .and probably make out a few times too. Myself, I think I've been inside a nightclub maybe twice in my whole life.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7288 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
LTWs are so unbalanced! I've tried fulfilling the 50 dates one, but gave up halfway 10 kids isn't a ltw while maxing 7 skills is. (Which one takes more time?!) Reaching the top of one career apparently equals FIVE FREAKING TOP BUSINESSES. The "having 3 children graduate from college" doesn't even fulfill properly.
I think EAxis rushed this game

@kestrellyn (faiuwle) made a mod to make some of them slightly less ridiculous:

Quote:
LTWNumbersTweaks: This reduces the number of things sims have to do to achieve certain LTWs. Specifically: 50 1st Dates/50 Dream Dates have been reduced to 30; 20 Pet BFs/Raise 20 Puppies/Kittens have been reduced to 10; Get 6 Grandchildren/Marry off 6 Children have been reduced to 4; Eat 200 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches has been reduced to 100. Sims who have already rolled these LTWs will be unaffected; cycle their LTW with the Lot Debugger until the correct one comes up. This hack conflicts with uni_ltws_sns. If you use uni_ltw_sns (from MATY), get LTWNumbersTweaks+UniLTWs instead, and make sure that uni_ltws_sns loads first.

Working link is in my signature.

Top Secret Researcher
#7289 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
They get a bad reputation because the babies Samantha is pregnant with often turn out hideously ugly.

That is what plastic surgery is for.

BTW I use kestrellyn/Faiuwle/rufio's ltwnumberstweaks+uniltws Mod, it works well with Squinge's NewLTWEnabled Mod as well as with uniltws from Pescado. Have ltwnumberstweaks+uniltws Mod load after either Squinges' or Pescado's

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#7290 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 5:00 AM
I did fulfill the 50 dream dates LTW once. The couple was pleasure and romance. I just sent them on a date every day, sometimes twice a day, and ended the date as soon as it maxed out.
Top Secret Researcher
#7291 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@kestrellyn (faiuwle) made a mod to make some of them slightly less ridiculous:
Working link is in my signature.

Thank you so much!
Through Faiuwle I learned that apparently you can get abducted using the dancing sphere :o I've never seen that!

Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I did fulfill the 50 dream dates LTW once. The couple was pleasure and romance. I just sent them on a date every day, sometimes twice a day, and ended the date as soon as it maxed out.

Props to you! I don't have the patience!
Mad Poster
#7292 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Props to you! I don't have the patience!

Vampires... that's all I'm saying...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7293 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:56 PM
People weren't kiddin that pets are underdeveloped.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#7294 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:58 PM

You know, I'm fairly sure that's not how you're supposed to run a business. Or play the game in general.

Lab Assistant
#7295 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:29 PM
I just noticed I was completely wrong when I mentioned that Risky Woohoo and Maternity for Young Adults wouldn't stack their functions with each other. I just had a young adult get pregnant by risky woohoo. I think I made something wrong in SimPE when I tested it by setting the Risky Woohoo odds to a 100% the first time. If anyone has read these posts of me, please ignore them.
Mad Poster
#7296 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 1:44 AM
I finally have the opportunity to work in this game again, and I end up with writer's block on all my pre-existing projects, and blank-page syndrome for anything new that I want to start.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7297 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 3:19 PM
I had to update my most recent upload and I wondered if it sent a message to people who had already downloaded it. Apparently not, because I then checked my downloads and there was a whole page of 'has update'. Oops. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7298 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 11:22 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 18th Dec 2018 at 7:56 PM. Reason: Silly typo: "our family home" not "out family home"
First I'd like to thank everyone who wished my mother and me well back at the beginning of September. Apologies for not thanking you earlier. I'm afraid that what my mother really needs would be for me to turn aging off for her, and, sadly, the cheat doesn't seem to work in Real Life.

Anyway it now seems that we'll have to sell the house that has been our family home since 1931 and downsize to a smaller house. And what I really, really want to know is, if we've got to move, why oh why can't we move to Veronaville? It would be the ideal place for me to move to: by any standards it's a very attractive town, and I have so many friends living there. There's a lovely little cottage currently for sale in Poet Place, that I'm sure I could adapt to make wheelchair accessible for my mother. I fear I would struggle to push the wheelchair up the hill to the Via Veronaville and the canal, but taxis are free in Veronaville, so why worry? There's a well-stocked family-run grocer's shop just across the road. And of course all the other attractions, including the downtown shops and clubs, would be within easy reach by taxi. By and large they're a friendly crowd there, and I'm sure we'd quickly fit into the community. There's even a church (St Simeon's), with a predominantly young congregation, where I'm sure we'd be welcome. Indeed, my only real concern there is how my mother would take to sitting through the Rev. Elspeth Anderson's 3-hour Sunday sermons in Simlish!

And of course, once we were there, we could turn aging off in our lot, as it is in all the other lots there. It's the perfect solution for us. So why can't we move there?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7299 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 11:48 AM
*simsample and Sim Sample send hugs to @AndrewGloria and AndrewGloria's mum* :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#7300 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 12:07 PM
@AndrewGloria - that scaling down - I have, of course, been through that - first in 2014, when I finally sold our huge old house and bought a flat - and just now, I have rented out the flat and moved in with my daughter - around 170 miles away - because I just miss her and my grandson too much and they have this extra room with its own entrance and bathroom. (Oh, and I am filling it up with all my stuff at the moment, ignoring the frowns on my daughter and her hubby's faces).

Now I would not have considered it if she lived a bit closer to home, but here I am, and we will have to see how that works out. All I can say is - Strongs! Will be thinking of you
Page 292 of 515