Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7301 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 2:39 AM
@AndrewGloria That is a shame. We moved into the family home with my folks some seven (where did the time go?) years ago, and while there have been times when "interesting" is the kindest description any of us can come up with, on the balance, no regrets. But my folks had the luxury of turning their garage into a handicap accessible suite, which made all the difference in the world for mobility for them. Neither needs a wheelchair yet, but it's very definitely yet, and being all wheelchair accessible makes it ten times easier to walk with a cane.

Wishing you all the best, and that the optimal real world solution will come to you.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7302 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:28 PM
When I first played Sims 2, I would do EVERYTHING they said would cause corruption (without being aware it was bad for the game) and my game was totally fine. I had almost no issues. I'd delete Sims and urns and lots that had once been occupied. Pretty much anything that would make me cringe now, I did. I swear I've had more corruption in the last 4 years or so than ever before. And I actively avoid doing everything they said will only lead to corruption. No idea how I managed to corrupt my current hood that I've only been playing for about two weeks now.
Mad Poster
#7303 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:06 AM
My vanilla hood - me being completely unaware of corruption and mods - lasted more than 4 years.

My present hood - with all the safe mods in place - is nearing 4 years and seems to be on the edge of blowing up.

Both were great fun, though
Theorist
#7304 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:47 AM
I think back then we were all blissfully unaware about what corruption was and so we just took a lot of early corruption behaviour as "strange glitches/bugs" and just continued playing without thinking much about it. Now we know about the early sings of corruption and know when our neighbourhoods are doomed.

Though I also gotta say that as a kid I never played a neighbourhood for very long. Maybe a few months tops. I frequently re-installed and I tended to re-set the neighbourhoods whenever a new EP was released.

In my first ever neighbourhood I had just come form mama's Sims 1 game and was used to the Sims there. So I deleted all the premades (manually) and redid recreated the SIms 1 Sims. That neighbourhood only lasted till the first patch, though irrc, because that caused more bugs then it fixed and I had to reinstall.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7305 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:24 PM
Here's what just happened to me. I clicked over here and when I landed on the MTS page, I got a little notification from Origin (I just played plants vs zombies) telling me that my sims 4 game was ready to play. Anyone else?

I bought sims 4 last year around this time and played it for about minutes.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#7306 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 6:48 PM
Popping in between moving (almost finished! My back's killing me) just to say this; I miss playing with my sims . But seriously my brain's been tempting me in to watching Sims 3 & 4 videos and it got me thinking 'maybe they're not as bad as I first thought, maybe I can save up some money and buy a copy', but then I always remember how much I love TS2 and I'll still be playing this game on like, a Windows 15 PC . My brain cycles through this every 6 months

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7307 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 21st Dec 2018 at 8:15 PM.
If you have Steam already, might as well put TS3 on your wishlist. If you're lucky, a sale will pop up and you can pick it up super cheap.

EDIT: It's actually on sale right now.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#7308 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If you have Steam already, might as well put TS3 on your wishlist. If you're lucky, a sale will pop up and you can pick it up super cheap.

EDIT: It's actually on sale right now.

I actually do have a Steam account, I only log in on a rare occasion though. Wow, all of the expansion and stuff packs are $5 right now, but if I buy all of them in one go it'll be well over $100 . Plus I'm not sure if my 8GB desktop can handle that

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7309 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:39 PM
I'd suggest just grabbing the base game and maybe one expansion that catches your interest. You can add onto it later.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7310 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:47 PM
Today I was taking a cab home from the store, and (this is a small town, only 1 taxi, with 3 drivers) I found out that the driver was also a Sims 3 fan! I confessed I'm a 2 fan and was amazed to find someone who confessed to being a player as well. Cool, huh?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#7311 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:50 PM
I'd suggest just grabbing the base game and maybe one expansion that catches your interest. You can add onto it later.

I was just about to go back and edit my post to say that. I would pick the base game + Pets bundle, Generations, Seasons, and the Town Life stuff pack. Those are probably like the only ones that I really like. I'll keep an eye on the winter sale so I won't miss it (ends Jan. 3rd so I still have time)

EDIT: though I do admit I'm still waiting for EA to release a Sims 3 Ultimate Collection

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7312 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:54 PM
I've found LGR's reviews of the packs to be pretty fair overall. (The one he did for that awful candy-themed stuff pack is absolutely hilarious. He absolutely slaughters the pack.)

Inventor
#7313 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:01 PM
I've found LGR's reviews of the packs to be pretty fair overall. (The one he did for that awful candy-themed stuff pack is absolutely hilarious. He absolutely slaughters the pack.)

I can say for sure that I'll never buy that stuff pack

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7314 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:02 PM

That ending. I completely forgot about that.

Inventor
#7315 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:13 PM

That ending. I completely forgot about that.

Oh gosh that was wild , yep I'm never buying that pack if I can help it haha

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7316 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:19 PM
LOL. He tends to be right on the money as far as EPS and SPs reviews go. I have the Sims 3 base game, World Adventures EP, Ambitions EP, Late Night EP, Seasons EP, Supernatural EP, Island Paradise EP, Into the Future EP, High End SP, Outside Living SP, Master Suite SP, and Diesel SP. I uninstalled University Life out of rage. I refuse to touch the Katy Perry SP with a 10 foot Pole. I don't like things I hear about Generations or Pets, plus I don't have as much money as I used to. I'm content with what I have.

I have the space to have both Sims 2 and Sims 3 installed at the same time, and switch between them based on my mood.
Mad Poster
#7317 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:28 PM
@Orlion - I didn't much like University Life. They went a bit overboard with the jock/nerd/rebel thing and every moment you didn't spend studying or skilling your grade constantly dropped. It was maddening.

Mad Poster
#7318 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:30 PM
I can't remember what it is now, but something related to the jock/nerd/rebel thing pissed me off so much I uninstalled. I prefer Sims 2 University.
Mad Poster
#7319 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:34 PM
I seem to remember constant popups from it that made the FreeTime hobby system seem reasonable.

Inventor
#7320 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 9:49 PM
I was watching an LP of University Life the other night, it looks okay but I miss having multiple universities like in the Sims 2 :'/. If the popups and the constant grade monitoring are that bad I won't get it

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7321 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 1:37 AM
The only thing I want out of that entire video is that waterslide. Also, did anyone else notice a pop up saying that someone had died that was totally ignored lol?

I was tempted by Sims 3 pets, because horses. But I knew I'd only play it for half an hour, see everything and then never play it again.
Mad Poster
#7322 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The only thing I want out of that entire video is that waterslide. Also, did anyone else notice a pop up saying that someone had died that was totally ignored lol?

I was tempted by Sims 3 pets, because horses. But I knew I'd only play it for half an hour, see everything and then never play it again.

It looks like a gossip pop up. Most of the time unless it has to do with your Actively played household there isn't much the player can do. Its controlled by whatever SP the player has. Either the Default EA SP, Twallan's SP mod, or Pescado's Awesomemod. I don't know which SP Lazy Game Reviewer has.
Mad Poster
#7323 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 1:37 PM
I'm under the impression that LGR just plays everything vanilla, at least for the reviews. I could be mistaken, though.

Mad Poster
#7324 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 3:42 PM
So EA's Default Story Progression let a Sim die of fright on another lot that LGR has no control over, and someone gossiped about it. It was the gossip pop up that showed up on the top right hand of the review video.

Sims 3 players don't have control over every lot, just the one they actively play. That is a common complaint I've seen among Sims 2 players is that they don't like the fact that they can only control one household while Story Progression controls the rest.
Mad Poster
#7325 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 3:46 PM
The Sims 2 is far better for rotational play, though there is one nitpick: If you play one household and a Sim dies on Day 3, when you go onto the next household they'll already be dead on Day 1. I don't really see any way around this.

In my dream Sims game, I can see it being handled by some sort of event system, where you play through one household, it counts the events (deaths, birthdays, etc) and what day they occur on, and when you move onto another household it'll make those events happen on the same day. So you'll still be able to go visit that Sim up until day 3.

Page 293 of 516