Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 3:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim Icon Disappeared
I can control my sim but her icon has disappeared on the left and I can't open her sim panel.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:21 PM
Without more information to go on, try doing a Save As (unless this started happening at the very beginning of the game session), quit entirely, and startup again?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Do you mean, like this http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...rait-panel.html ?
no, not like that. The entire icon is missing not just the face.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Without more information to go on, try doing a Save As (unless this started happening at the very beginning of the game session), quit entirely, and startup again?
it was at the start up. I tried some of my other worlds and I had the same problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 9:23 PM
if i restart the game I still have the same problem.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 9:43 PM
So no matter which saved game you startup, you have no active sims in the portait panel and no household or sim information tabs? Does this happen on newly started games as well?

If you are on Patch 1.69 with the Origin tie-in, are you certain that all of the EPs you expect to have in play for these ongoing games are actually checked off on the Packs and Stuff Launcher tab and that they are actually loading?

If so, sounds like something is going wrong at the end of the startup process. Have you added any mods or CC lately that could be triggering the problem? Have you tried clearing the five cache files in your TS3 user game folder in Documents?
CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (this one is optional)

And if that's no help, try pulling out your entire TS3 user game folder from Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping. The game will spawn a new one on its next attempted startup, with no added content at all and none of your prior saves, but those will all be safe back in the old folder. Can you start and run a new game that way?