Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 107 (Who?), Viewed: 54017 times.
Page 5 of 5
Scholar
#101 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:18 PM
Ever since the May 11th update of Windows 8.1, s4pe has been saying that it can't start because it doesn't like the new version of Windows .Net Framework64.

I've tried repairing my .Net Framework64, and the repair tool says there's nothing wrong with it.

I actually trust you more than I trust Microsoft :-), so I'm guessing that there IS a problem with my .Net Framework64, and s4pe works okay with the new version of it?

Here's a screenshot of the error message:

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." -- Gandhi
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:03 AM
I don't have a Windows 8 PC to test on, but I haven't seen any reports of this before. I Googled and this apparently is a known problem on Win 8 and Win 10 involving various system dlls. I wasn't able to find any definitive answers. I guess you could try reinstalling .NET 4. Are you on a 32-bit or 64-bit system?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Scholar
#103 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
I don't have a Windows 8 PC to test on, but I haven't seen any reports of this before. I Googled and this apparently is a known problem on Win 8 and Win 10 involving various system dlls. I wasn't able to find any definitive answers. I guess you could try reinstalling .NET 4. Are you on a 32-bit or 64-bit system?

I'm on a 64-bit system. I tried reinstalling .NET first thing, but the installer says, "Nah, you've already got this, so I'm not gonna install it." And it can't be UNinstalled like a regular program, because it's part of the OS and isn't separately uninstallable. I could re-install all of Windows 8, but I was really hoping to avoid that.

Anyway, thanks for checking!

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." -- Gandhi
Test Subject
#104 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:40 AM
Is there going to be an update for Seasons and the new Hot and Cold Weather clothing categories?
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#105 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 2:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afgw
Is there going to be an update for Seasons and the new Hot and Cold Weather clothing categories?

Yes, within the next couple of days.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#106 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
Version 0.5.3-beta released with Seasons clothing tag support.

Test Subject
#107 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 2:12 PM
Bug report! This base game animation cannot be opened in S4PE (0.5.3).
It's called "a2o_tv_watch_turnOnOff_happy_x".
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip a2o_tv_watch_turnOnOff_happy_x.zip (32.1 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#108 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 2:17 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Jul 2018 at 11:05 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBODRIVER
Bug report! This base game animation cannot be opened in S4PE (0.5.3).
It's called "a2o_tv_watch_turnOnOff_happy_x".

I'll take a look.

Edit:

@TURBODRIVER - as usual it turned out to be something really really stupid. I've attached the new animation resource dll for you to use until I get to uploading a new version. Just replace in your s4pe folder.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: 7z s4pi.AnimationResources.7z (43.2 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

Page 5 of 5