Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 6:15 PM
Default Is the Sims2 Holiday pack Basegame compatible?
I want to make a few basegame objects. I see that there is no EP description in the holiday items. I assume that the holiday package for sims 2 is basegame compatible. I plan on cloning the big Christmas table that resembles the "Impeccable table in night life". Would this table be safe to clone as a base game item?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AriesFlare
I want to make a few basegame objects. I see that there is no EP description in the holiday items. I assume that the holiday package for sims 2 is basegame compatible. I plan on cloning the big Christmas table that resembles the "Impeccable table in night life". Would this table be safe to clone as a base game item?

Oh man, nobody answered this? Come on, this should be easy...

AriesFlare, for people who have basegame but no Holiday Stuff Pack, assume that it won't work for them, unless you cut the mesh from HSP and placed it in a base game food. I know SimPE lists HSP stuff as "Unknown" EP, but still, best to err on the side of caution.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 11:37 AM
The easiest way to tell: look at the OBJD, the lines 0x0000: version_1 - Read Only and 0x0040: Valid EP Flags 1 in particular. If the first is 0x008b (hexidecimal) or 139 (decimal) and the second is 0x0000 (hexidecimal) or 0 (decimal), it's a good bet the object is basegame compatible.