Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 8:59 PM
I'm doing this now. It's been 9 Sim days so far and due to several demotions (can't resist those chance cards, I'm like a bad gambler) my Sim is only at level 4 on his career. He's earnt ~£7,000 and he lives in a little house with all the necessities. It's a fun challenge, thanks for making it!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 9:05 PM
I'm planning on doing this challenge with one of my Sim couples once they've graduated from college (I know that the rules state no couples and no Uni graduates, but these two seem so perfect for the role!). I'll move them into this cheap trailer apartment I've built,and then make them earn,without cheating and in the spirit of this challenge, 41,000 Simoleons, which is the cost of their dream home. Once both have fulfilled their life time want and earned enough money,I'll move them into the new home and let them live happily ever after. Should be fun!
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 3:21 PM
well. you can't do this challenge with seasons...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trish5058
well. you can't do this challenge with seasons...

Why not?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Why not?

Sure you can, though it will be quite easier as there won't be any heatstrokes/frostbites. On a side note, just started it and it's lots of fun I will be posting with my other stories at Weebly (in signature).

I won't be impressed with technology until I can download food.
Sims Blog: (x)
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 6:20 PM
Wow. Haha, I messed up... Well, I thought I was trying this challenge, but then came back to look at a detail, and realized it was $500, not $5000. (Even $5000 and no cheats is a challenge if you don't visit community lots.)

Is this even possible to do? How do you make them happy enough to not die? with the bladder, and the hunger, and the energy? Each one of those items, the cheapest is $300, or $150 if you buy a couch instead of a bed. Is she supposed to pee on community lots and eat community hot dogs until she can buy walls?

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 4:58 PM
Hello, I wanted to tell you of my progress. I've gone through two season cycles, i just recently started my third. I'm level 9 in the politics career, I have a car a reasonably sized house and 26,000. I accidentally made my sim a plantsim ( I have a small garden) she's maxed two skills and has a gold gardening badge and I haven't used cheats. I'd post a picture, but I'm playing right now, and I'm posting this with my iPod. Anyway, thanks for the idea, it's fun, this challenge. See ya!
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd May 2014 at 4:34 AM
This was a really easy challenge for me to complete It took me an afternoon to reach reach level 10 on Molly's job in buisness. I downloaded this hack a while back so you can earn skill points at community lots and it helps alot! I started off with a bed and used pillars to put a roof over it. No walls just yet. She only came home to sleep or go to work. She earned at least $2000 a day being a coffee barista at community lots, and looked after all her needs there. She got all her skills there too. Then a dog dug a hole at her house, so i decided to dig it out more and found loads of stuff to sell. I found 2 treasure chests in a row and they gave me $5000 each! By then she was making lots of money from her job and being a barista, so i decided to build her a house. It was really nice then i had lots of parties making friends and after she had reached level 10 in buisness, she fell in love with one of her friend and he moved in and she has had 3 children, 2 boys and a girl. At buisness job level 10 she only works 4 days a week, so she has lots of time with the kids, and her husband, Jace, doesnt work at all. They also adopted a stray dog. I had to us the elixer of life for her to have all her children, but now I am bored of being rich with a perfect family and perfect life So thats where Ieft Molly , Jace, Donte, Mia, and Derek. And the dog. Thanks for the challenge, it was fun
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I could see trying this again and having making a living by gardening be the goal. It would need a few tweaks, though, such as buying a couple of trees to start and having slightly better starting funds. Also, the goal would have to be earning your gold badge instead of reaching level 10 in a career.

I've done something very similar (simulating medieval peasant sims within Sims 2) and if you start with very little cash, give them a lean-to and a decent-sized garden, they earn that gold badge fast and get enough money to build a little house and get trees pretty quickly as well. To even it out, I clobber them with rents and taxes in true medieval fashion.
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 5:22 AM
I had a really good idea though since you can alter challenges to make them your own what if you started the sim out homeless and then got enough money to get a decent home and then a decent job and just keep working your way up? That would make it rags to riches even more so.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 7:22 PM
I don't know if this is acceptable, but I have this mod in my game because I'm using it with another family, basically I want to make the challenge harder on my rags to riches let's play and my viewers say that I should have kids and suggested that I receive child support , So would I be allowed to use this mod on this challenge?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 17th May 2016 at 7:49 AM
The Rags to Riches challenge is fun! My Sim is about to turn into an elder and still hasn't quite reached the top of her career track. She did pause in her career climb long enough to have a child. I think I'm going to make her daughter a Fortune Sim and subject her to the same rules. It will be a little easier for her, though, since she's inheriting the house her mother built.
Page 2 of 2