Replies: 1761 (Who?), Viewed: 189512 times.
Page 71 of 71
Top Secret Researcher
#1751 Old 13th May 2019 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Okay, you get to see how easy I am to confuse. What? I could always attach terrains to my hoods. What am I missing?

I assume you mean that you could choose a terrain for a new hood? If that's what you mean, then, yes, you could.

This, however, is about making a subhood (shopping district, downtown, uni, vacation, etc) that can be attached to any main hood, yours or someone else's.

Normally, to do that, you have to use AnyGameStarter or disable installation files to create a "clean, empty" environment and you have to use SimPE and a few other things. If you don't, then hoods you create will not be clean and empty and they will not convert to share-able attach-able subhoods.

I'm trying to offer a way to do it without going through all those steps, by, basically, giving you clean, empty starter hoods to begin with and putting them in a game folder that is already set up to let you change them to the kind of subhood you want and to keep them from conflicting with any game-created hoods you already have.

With this "environment," you get to skip a lot of steps you would need to do, otherwise.

But to let you do that with any Maxis terrain, I need to give you a starter hood with each terrain. So, I have.

(Caveat for other simmers: I am aware that I could share only the starter hoods themselves, but that would not be nearly as easy for players who don't quite understand the process. That being said, people can certainly use them that way if they want to and know how. That's actually what I wanted, clean templates based on other terrains, when I started, but I couldn't find them, so I've made them.)
Theorist
#1752 Old 13th May 2019 at 10:39 PM
A super fantastic 3t2 Public Transit Bike Set conversion by https://beautifulnerdkitty.tumblr.c...ck-bike-credits. This is absolutely perfect for those downtown types of 'hoods.

"It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity." ~ Elizabeth Bennet

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope." ~ Captain Frederick Wentworth
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1753 Old 13th May 2019 at 11:54 PM
I cannot for the life of me get these toddler separates all to show up correctly, some do and some don't. First page is always the worst. Clothes show up guess I will have to be happy with that.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#1754 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader

This, however, is about making a subhood (shopping district, downtown, uni, vacation, etc) that can be attached to any main hood, yours or someone else's.

Normally, to do that, you have to use AnyGameStarter or disable installation files to create a "clean, empty" environment and you have to use SimPE and a few other things. If you don't, then hoods you create will not be clean and empty and they will not convert to share-able attach-able subhoods.

I'm trying to offer a way to do it without going through all those steps, by, basically, giving you clean, empty starter hoods to begin with and putting them in a game folder that is already set up to let you change them to the kind of subhood you want and to keep them from conflicting with any game-created hoods you already have.

With this "environment," you get to skip a lot of steps you would need to do, otherwise.

But to let you do that with any Maxis terrain, I need to give you a starter hood with each terrain. So, I have.

(Caveat for other simmers: I am aware that I could share only the starter hoods themselves, but that would not be nearly as easy for players who don't quite understand the process. That being said, people can certainly use them that way if they want to and know how. That's actually what I wanted, clean templates based on other terrains, when I started, but I couldn't find them, so I've made them.)

What I tried to say, was. No matter what method, the ONLY way to create an empty enviroment with UC is to manually disable all the stealth hoods. And that is by editing folders and files at Programfiles, NOT at My Documents. Or use the AGS for UC (only for share .. or if you like to play your game at AGS UC).

When person who loads a new hood, made at an empty environment (or if person allready playing with stealth hoods disabled suddenly allows those, the first time they load the hood after that) ,
When mainhood is loaded for a first time, at THEIR (downloaders) game, NO matter how it has been done at the uploaders game, it WILL add all the stealth hoods (no matter if you use empty ones or maxian ones with bin sims, it still adds the hoods) , unless the person who downloads the hood is also allready made the steps to disallow the stealth hoods and original N001. (Or adding the hoods in their AGS for UC game)

ONLY way to have an empty environment with UC is:

a) rename the original N001 ( at regular setup): Program Files ->Origin Games->The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection->Double Deluxe->Base->TSData->Res->Userdata->Neighborhoods .. to something like "Neighborhoods_original" , as in Moo's tutorial. To prevent PV townies
b) disable the stealthoods manually (at program files)
c) or use this (Numenors AGS for UC ) : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604873 , BUT as in UC (and with method above) it still needs M&G , and naturally does not affect at your regular game files, that (AGS for UC) is more like for creating a hood to share with others , than to play.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Past the point of no return,
No going back now,
Our passionplay is now begun.
Past thought of right or wrong, final question, how long have we wait before we're one?
~Andrew Loyd Webber (Phantom Of The Opera)

If curious, my Widespot+LGU+Bigg City
Top Secret Researcher
#1755 Old 14th May 2019 at 4:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
What I tried to say, was. No matter what method, the ONLY way

I think I missed something, @Kukamuukaanmuka, did you say something about this earlier? Do you mean on tumblr?

Thank you for your input - this is all experimental so it's helpful to get feedback and I'll be doing more testing. If what you say is true, we may just have to go ahead and make the subhoods and share those.
Mad Poster
#1756 Old 14th May 2019 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I cannot for the life of me get these toddler separates all to show up correctly, some do and some don't. First page is always the worst. Clothes show up guess I will have to be happy with that.

Weird. I don't know unless you didn't get all the body folders put in there or something. But, of course, I don't know much about it. Sorry.

At least the clothes do show up. Aren't that adorable???? Now that this has been done, I look forward to many more cute toddlers separates.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1757 Old 14th May 2019 at 11:45 PM
I would suggest not trying CTL right click on them, since that turns even the correct ones into the full body naked picture for me. I am hoping some people run with this and make some cute stuff like little overalls and t shirts.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#1758 Old 15th May 2019 at 9:54 PM
I am loving this streamer I just discovered. Totally different play-style than I have ever seen before. He plays sims that are characters from other games... I think... it's so new to me, I'm not entirely sure. But it's so freeing. https://www.twitch.tv/papatulus
Inventor
#1759 Old 18th May 2019 at 9:49 AM
Functional food clutter by DeeDee-Sims here, which you can sell in groceries for customers to stock in their fridge.
Mad Poster
#1760 Old 18th May 2019 at 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Functional food clutter by DeeDee-Sims here, which you can sell in groceries for customers to stock in their fridge.

Unfortunately one of the links lead to the original meshes, which you cannot download from drop box without being a member. I've tried even without any anti-block off, and they do not download.

I do wish people would switch to SFS because that's the only way to get the older files.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Forum Resident
#1761 Old 18th May 2019 at 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
Unfortunately one of the links lead to the original meshes, which you cannot download from drop box without being a member. I've tried even without any anti-block off, and they do not download.

I do wish people would switch to SFS because that's the only way to get the older files.

I was able to get it @FranH - you just have to take the whole folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4qrlw28z...s-2015.rar?dl=0
In the upper right hand corner, it says Sign In and Download.
Just click Download then Direct Download. I got it and then took the parts I needed/wanted. Hope this helps.
Instructor
#1762 Old 18th May 2019 at 2:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching

I tried to download part of this from Dropbox and I can not download. Don't know about anyone else, but I have had a problem with this.

Edit: nevermind got it from previous post.
Page 71 of 71