Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 9:54 PM
Replies: 9493 (Who?), Viewed: 205068 times.
Page 380 of 380
Instructor
#9476 Old Yesterday at 1:01 PM
Cakeninja & Lamare: OK, I was in the wrong here. Thank you both, I did not know I just had a theory.
Lab Assistant
#9477 Old Yesterday at 7:42 PM
When I use the Alt Sims Surgery on Simpe, the genetics are changing also or not?
#9478 Old Yesterday at 7:44 PM
I dont think so, but there's a tool to make their appearance the actual genetics.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#9479 Old Yesterday at 8:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srtv
When I use the Alt Sims Surgery on Simpe, the genetics are changing also or not?

Not - you need to do those manually.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Scholar
#9480 Old Yesterday at 9:00 PM
about "blue" overlay on an relationship icon; like another poster told, they are called "contacts".
the Nightlife Prima Guide tells all about them; similar explanation as same poster.

about SimPE's Sim Surgery, at least "skin only" changes sim's genetics. done it somewhat recently.
Mad Poster
#9481 Old Today at 4:53 AM
Anyone have any ideas on what might cause a downtownie to reject makeovers? Tried both gussy up change appearance, and stylist chair. The hairstyle changes, but the makeup and eyebrows refuse to change.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#9482 Old Today at 5:05 AM
Must be a weird glitch in your game, I've made over some downtownies and never had that problem

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Forum Resident
#9483 Old Today at 5:06 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : Today at 5:29 AM.
Quote:
And as for my question: For those using SImlogical schools, do you let child/teen sims get on the bus for maxis school when you are not playing the teacher's lot?

The children don't go to maxis school, they catch the bus at 8am and get dropped back at 5pm. The game knows the pre-school hours so long as they are enrolled. They will also have no homework.

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Mad Poster
#9484 Old Today at 5:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetina
Must be a weird glitch in your game, I've made over some downtownies and never had that problem

I have too, in the past. Very strange. Good idea, I'll try moving her in, and see if changes stick then. Can always make her back into a townie after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliaD85
It's a regular downtownie sim? Maybe you could try moving him into a household temporarily.

Regular in the sense that the game generated it. Less regular in the sense that I prompted it to generate downtownies via mailbox. Back then I didn't realize it uses the same mold over and over, so I have a whole heap of identical downtownies. One of my Sims is majoring in cosmetology, so I figured I'd have her start a business and make a living making over all the duplicates, but attempt one proved very unsuccessful

Instructor
#9485 Old Today at 5:23 AM
Generated with the mailbox? Oh, so that (probably) explains why you have a romance snakeskin jacket downtownie (he's normally knowledge). BTW, there's a mod that makes the game use the normal templates for downtownies instead of some fixed ones.

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#9486 Old Today at 5:30 AM
Quote:
And as for my question: For those using SImlogical schools, do you let child/teen sims get on the bus for maxis school when you are not playing the teacher's lot?

The children don't go to maxis school, they catch the bus at 8am and get dropped back at 5pm. The game knows the prep-school hours so long as they are enrolled. They will also have no homework.

Urg sorry AliaD85 only just saw you had replied already.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9487 Old Today at 5:34 AM
Oh yeah? I'd say romance is more suitable given his appearance Thank you for the tip, I'll look in to that. Won't fix the existing ones, but could at least make sure any newly generated ones don't give me even more duplicates.

Instructor
#9488 Old Today at 6:02 AM
Well... It's over here: http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...mplates-be-gone

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Mad Poster
#9489 Old Today at 3:30 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix a household that's stuck on an owned community lot? By that I mean, if I go to community lot, it tells me to load the household. If I go to the household, it tells me to load the community lot. It offers to load community lot for me from the household, if I say yes it does load but playmode is greyed out. I've moved the Sim who owns the lot in with another household, and sold the lot, which hasn't helped.

Normally I'd just move the entire household in somewhere else, replace community lot and home lot and move them back. But they live in an apartment, and while I can restore furniture to what it was I can't replace everything. They have photobooth images from when they were teens, and it would be a shame to lose them if there's some way to save it. I don't think there is, but I figured it's worth a shot to at least ask

Instructor
#9490 Old Today at 4:15 PM
But there IS a way to save them! Lili975 wrote a tutorial for that here. What's the problem with the photobooth pics anyway? They dissapear when they move out?

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Mad Poster
#9491 Old Today at 4:16 PM
Unless you've used the StayThingsShrub, everything disappears when the last sim moves out in normal residential and apartment lots.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#9492 Old Today at 4:30 PM
Yes, I know that, but when those pics are put on a sim's inventory and they move out, do the pics glitch out and become blank? Never had that problem, but it supposedly happens.

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Mad Poster
#9493 Old Today at 4:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetina
But there IS a way to save them! Lili975 wrote a tutorial for that here. What's the problem with the photobooth pics anyway? They dissapear when they move out?

Awesome Thanks for the link. That should solve my problem, I'll just save the jpgs for the pictures, move them out and back in, then take new ones and replace the new ones with the old photo.

The problem is that I can't put the pictures in inventory velvetina, because I can't access the lot. The Sims are stuck in limbo.

Forum Resident
#9494 Old Today at 4:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
The children don't go to maxis school, they catch the bus at 8am and get dropped back at 5pm. The game knows the prep-school hours so long as they are enrolled. They will also have no homework.
In that case, I don't think I'm setting up my simlogical school correctly. I may need to try again. I want to have this down before I plop a school down in my Sedona neighborhood.

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Page 380 of 380