Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:29 PM Last edited by miss_Sage : 19th Aug 2011 at 5:59 PM.
Problem with beard texture (solved)
I'm trying to make a long beard. I've changed mesh and UVmaps with Milkshape, also made new textures and new bone assignments when inported them all in TRSW. It looks fine there. The EA full beard is categorised as Accessories=> Beard. So I made the same. But it looks weird in game. Is it possible to fix it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 7:25 PM
Is this an alpha mesh?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 8:46 PM
The same thing was happening to me when I tried making a custom mustache with TSRW. To me it looked like the game was still using the default alpha map.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 9:51 PM
I've got the same thing with EA full beard's alpha. I guess it happens when we are using that beard as a base. This time I used WA long moustache and it worked! So now I can see how ugly my textures are After fixing them it will be fine.
But how can I make it without using EP's stuff?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 10:21 PM
I don't think you can make a full beard successfully using only the base game - a few of us have tried and had problems, there seems to be something glitchy about the base game full beard. We had a thread about this some time ago, here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ighlight=beards . At the end of that thread, I thought I'd got it to work, but what I didn't come back to that thread to report, was that the beard I thought I'd made successfully, turned out to be not recolourable. At that point I gave up and haven't tried again. But as you say that you got it to work using a WA moustache, I'll have to give that a try! But it would really be nice to be able to make a basegame compatible beard.

(Love your beard in above pic, BTW!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
I don't think you can make a full beard successfully using only the base game - a few of us have tried and had problems, there seems to be something glitchy about the base game full beard. We had a thread about this some time ago, here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ighlight=beards . At the end of that thread, I thought I'd got it to work, but what I didn't come back to that thread to report, was that the beard I thought I'd made successfully, turned out to be not recolourable. At that point I gave up and haven't tried again. But as you say that you got it to work using a WA moustache, I'll have to give that a try! But it would really be nice to be able to make a basegame compatible beard.

(Love your beard in above pic, BTW!)

I see... You can also use waylonbeard from LN, it works too. I think that's an acceptable solution I've tested one of basegame moustaches, it gives the same result as full beard.
And thanks, I have finished this beard, it's avalable for dl in my blog. Hope you'll make a new version of yours categorized as a beard.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss_Sage
I see... You can also use waylonbeard from LN, it works too. I think that's an acceptable solution I've tested one of basegame moustaches, it gives the same result as full beard.
And thanks, I have finished this beard, it's avalable for dl in my blog. Hope you'll make a new version of yours categorized as a beard.

Aha, I was thinking of trying the beard from LN in the hopes that it would work, so it's useful to know it does work, thanks! I wanted to be able to make base game compatible beards, but at least what we could do is to upload a beard in two package versions simultaneously, one cloned from the WA moustache and one from the LN beard, so that people with either WA or LN can have it.

EDIT: I've just found your blog and the above beard, and I see you HAVE uploaded it in two versions, one for WA and one for LN! Nice one!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss_Sage
I'm trying to make a long beard. I've changed mesh and UVmaps with Milkshape, also made new textures and new bone assignments when inported them all in TRSW. It looks fine there. The EA full beard is categorised as Accessories=> Beard. So I made the same. But it looks weird in game. Is it possible to fix it?

Your beard looks AWESOME.

Please tell me where to download your beard.

It's perfect for dwarves and wizards.

Please...