Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 9:13 AM
Default Alpha Accessory problems
Hi,
I spend countless hours on this project, but it wasn't successful.
I'm trying to create fake eyelashes accessory with alpha. I'm using EP Collar mesh and settings for this (in Workshop), alpha works, but the whole accessory looks messed up in game. I made bones very carefully, so this isn't the case. This is the second accessory which has the same issues. I think that this is one of the Workshop's bugs, so i will be grateful if anyone can provide a good CTU tutorial or some advices how to fix this issue.
Thanks.
Screenshots

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 11:04 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 15th Sep 2011 at 11:24 PM.
Wat is that you do not like? texture or the shape?
The problem is that there are alot custom morphs(or morphdata) used when creating a sims face.
Those morphs are duplicates but with a diffrent shape so the face you see is not the same face as in Milkshape, it is often already changed by EA's facesliders/morphs.

So the problem is that you have only one set of lashes while you should have alot more, a set for each facemorph wich is not possible here.
You can compare it to a piercing in a womans nose, when people increase the nosesize with a slider the piercing will not move along if there are not morphs for the rings created.

You can however copy the vertID's from vertices were the lashes contact the skin.
The vertices of the lashes need to have the same vertID's on that seam, then they will move along with the vertices of the eyes.

This means you have to lookup the lod0 faces(face/teeth/eyes/eyebrows and lashes) and export them.
And with Wes his Data tool(in Milkshape) you look up the vertID's on the seam were the lashes contact the skin, those you copy to your lashes

You can change or edit the vertID's when in TSRW but it will be difficult to identify wich vertice is on wat spot......so you best convert the sims3pack to package and do it with s3PE(or Postal) and Wes his GEOM plugins

When you have the GEOM imported you also should have a look at the mesh comments.
The FVFItems should be 7(or 8) to enable the mesh for the sliders
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 4:07 AM
You see, there are a lot more problems than that.
They move just fine, the main problem is that the mapping looks messed up and some of the backfaces are sticking out of proportion.
The more important thing, this is the second alpha accessory of mine, the first one has the same issues, but it was assigned to the head (it was flower in hair). After that, I deleted this old accessory, but it still in my game (I don't know how), and every time when I select this old accessory and then my lashes, some of the flower texture bits are still present on them.
And just one more thing, I cloned them both from an existing alpha accessory which was made from EP Collar mesh.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:46 AM
i know that they are moving ok if the boneassignements are correct, i explained how to position them properly.
When creating(and testing) always clear your caches inbetween.

Sims3packs have the nasty habbit that you need to uninstall them with the manager if your not satisfied with it.
Removing the sims3package from the downloads folder will not remove the file.

Alot of Errors with creators packages is when they use the same WRK file to create more then one package.
A WRK file has already its own unique instance numbers, you can only create one sims3package file with them!!!
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 4:58 AM
I see, thanks.
I use package files only (I convert Sims3Packs with Delphy's MultiInstaller).
Strange thing, when I delete all my CC the old flower accessory is still visible.
Everything is still the same when I make my accessory as new project in Workshop.
Now lashes are in correct place (with correct vert ID's), but the texture is still not working properly.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 2:51 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 20th Sep 2011 at 3:27 PM.
Another thing that might can interfear is the sims eye.
Place your accesoire away from his eye and test again.
There are transparant textures used on the eyeball, there might some bleeding?

And did you duplicate the lashes already and switch the face order so both sides are textured?
If so, delete the back side, also can be a problem....
If not, try it

Another thing you can try is to change the shader:
Extract the GEOM from your package with Postal(or s3PE)
Open them one by one in Delphy's simGEOMeditor and change the shader to simeyelashes
Here is a small tutorial:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671

Looking at your screenshot again this almost looks like some sort of scaling issue.
The texture on the upper outsides have the same shape as the original but its more fat
Could be a uvscaling issue, ever tried another accesoire as base?
With the above tutorial you can change the shader real easy from lets say the earrings.

Im workin on a simbot replacement wich i also wanted to have lashes and it is possible.
If i had to create lashes only i would clone a set of earrings and change its shader.(you might have to enable the FVFitems from 6 to 7 or 8)
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 4:20 PM
Nothing worked by far, I'm starting to think that this is my game fault.
I have to put this project aside, because now I have more important things to create.
Anyway, thank you again Bloom, you are always very helpful

My Simblr - ElexisSims