Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 1:41 AM
Default Need some help with Default Replacement
Oh jeez, I hope this is in the right section.

I've made some changes to the retro sunglasses available for females only, enabling it for both genders and removing the unsightly decal from the side.

I uploaded it as a non-default replacement because simply, I do not know how to. My creation has changes required to make it a default replacement to reduce unecessary files and the like.

The moderator gave me the tip, "The easiest way is to link the overlay texture to a universal blank overlay. In CTU simply clone the orginal glasses and in the overlay input field change the key to: key:00B2D882:00000000:75F8F21E0F143CAC."

I was unsure of what to do here, so I found the mesh and went to add new blank design and relinked the overlay texture to the key they suggested and enabled for males too. I saved the package and installed it into my game, but it hasn't replaced the original file. I feel really silly in asking all of this... But could someone possibly suggest how to make this a default replacement? I've included pictures.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:23 AM
Open CTU and find the glasses. Under the mesh name is an Instance ID. Copy it.

Open your file in S3PE, tick "Names" and "Tags" at the bottom of the S3PE window. Select the resource with the tag CASP and doubleclick it. Replace the Instance ID with the one you copied, OK and save.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:46 AM
Quote:
My creation has changes required to make it a default replacement to reduce unecessary files and the like.

But wat if people want to have both?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 10:58 AM
There's no reason I can think of not to include two versions, so people who like the decal can still have it (fug is a playstyle, right? ).

I wouldn't download non-default versions of stuff like this though, since I consider them fixes, and who wants to keep around the old broken version?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 12:52 AM
Then I shall include both. Thanks for the help, WhiteRider