Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:08 AM
Default Total newbie converting clothes
Hi folks, hope this hasn't been asked too often... how hard would it be for a total newbie to any form of modding to change one clothing type to another (i.e. take a piece of formal wear and turn it into everyday wear)?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:24 AM
VERY easy, actually I can't think of anything simpler. I looked for a tutorial to direct you to but there are none I could find :/ (There HAS to be one somewhere......)

But anyway it's very easy and strait forward, first off download the program you want to use either CTU (from here) or TSRW (from the sims resource). I would say that TSRW is more user friendly but that's just my opinion, with what you're doing it really doesn't matter

Once you start up you program of choice look for the thing you want to edit (Or open up the .package) and all you have to do is flip some check marks and export

Please ask if you don't understand something, it's such a simple thing that you should have no problem but TSRW and CTU might spawn a question or two if you've never used them before....

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:44 AM
Great, thanks ... um... what's CTU?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 4:06 AM
CAS Texture+Unitool. You'll need either it or TSRW to CTU to make the changes you're trying to make.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 11:08 AM
A little late, but great, thanks, I appreciate it!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 12:37 PM
Did you get it working?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 8:54 AM
CTU didn't work helpppppp!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diva_bgr
ctu didn't work helpppppp!!

No one can help without more information than 'it didn't work'. What did you do, what happened, what errors did you get?
Banned
#9 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 2:07 PM Last edited by tjstreak : 14th Oct 2010 at 2:30 PM.
For what it is worth, I have posted a lesson to my blog about making simple conversion of base game items. I still need to add links and tags, but it is quite useable. I will be making edits over the next few days and weeks.

There is an adult content interstitial to the blog because some of my comments and examples are a little off color and a lot of the comments are rather tongue in cheek. And the whole lesson is very opinionated, which should not come as a surprise to anyone.

Most comments and suggestions would be apprecaited. But I will not delete any of the opinionated or off color stuff under any circumstances.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Did you get it working?

Aaaaand about a million years later, I get around to it, and yes, it worked fine, thanks
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 7:55 PM
lol, good to know, Mr Procrastination .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.