Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 5:59 PM
Default Crashing issue- Encountered an error
Hi all, I'm having some difficulty with my game, it's crashing. I frequently get the 'this programme has encountered an error and needs to close.' I'm playing the fantastic Barcelona world and I can be on it from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on if I've opened CAS. Occasionally I get the save error 12.

I am not on the newest update, I think I'm running 1.59. My computer is not new, but it's not exactly elderly either, it's a late 2009 iMac with 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.
Also, although it's an iMac , I have it installed on a Bootcamp partition with Windows 7 64bit

I have around 13GB of cc which I know I need to reduce, but the Launcher will intermittently close without warning when I try to remove content which is also frustrating.

I will try the half and half method but I'm not sure it's cc related as I haven't added anything new recently.
Any suggestions?
Is it worth increasing my RAM to 16 GB?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 6:36 PM
I also get a It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification message at start up which I have never had before.
I was thinking of upgrading the RAM to 16GB if it helped matters.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:43 PM
Bumping up the RAM to at least 8 GB should help a lot, it certainly can't hurt. You have what sounds like the 2009 version of the 2011 iMac I still play TS3 on through Bootcamp and, although I could get the game to run on 4 GB also on Win 7, it does much better and without the Error12s with at least twice that. Ordinarily I wouldn't want to invest further in a nine year old computer, but if everything else is holding together mechanically for now then sure, why not.

However...

-- That version of the Radeon graphics card does not really have enough vram to carry the entire game (all 11 EPs) well, not seeing how many you have in play.
-- If this is a retail disc install, would strongly suggest EA's SuperPatcher to bring things up to Patch 1.67.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...3-super-patcher
-- The modification warning at startup usually means you have a Core Mod (there are only 6 in common usage) intended for a different patch level than the one you are playing.
-- Barcelona may be too much for this system. Do smaller, less intricate worlds behave any better?