Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:44 AM Last edited by redandvidya : 9th Oct 2018 at 4:50 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do I limit my game to 30fps? [SOLVED!]
(DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME "why would you want to play at 30fps?" I have my reasons for playing so, and you can't dictate what I can do with MY game. Thank you very much.)

Hiya! How do I limit my game to 30fps? The reason why is when I play with 60fps, and then it dips to 30, it totally breaks the immersion. So I would just like to play with 30, instead.

I have tried Rivatuner, NVIDIA Control Panel (using adaptive half-refresh rate), 3booter from MATY. Some of them actually succeed at limiting the game; however, it limits it to SIXTY, even when I specifically tell it to limit it to THIRTY. What do I do?

Thank you very much!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:01 PM
if does not work as intended (sometimes happens) use RivaTuner Statistic Server (NVidia GPUs) https://www.guru3d.com/files-detail...r-download.html

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:22 PM
Nope! nothing! Playing the game with RTSS open still warrants a 60fps, according to fraps. What do I do?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:28 PM
Nevermind; Rivatuner didn't even do anything. Even on high detection. I had vsync on the Nvidia control panel on by accident.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 1:20 PM
I believe the tool you want is Nvidia Inspector. It has a Limit Frame Rate setting that you can explicitly set to 30. Although if RTSS isn't working, am not sure that Inspector will but seems like it would be worth a try.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 4:50 AM
Thank you! NVIDIA Inspector works perfectly! This topic can now be closed. Thank you again!! <3 <3 <3