Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Asner20051 : 17th Nov 2008 at 11:49 PM.
Default Recolor Pearson 206 SimRanger is Fading
Hi to all

I went to SimPE and I open the object workshop going to General/Cars and I choose Pearson 206 SimRanger.

I went next then I put in recolor and I start.

There are 2 Textures Images. I choose one and I export it.

I was using Paint.net to recolor. I was recolor an green Helicopter.
I finish saved as JPEG.

Then back to SimPE I Import the picture I recolor before. Then I comit and I save it.

I open the Sims 2 I went to a lot residential and I put the helicoter I was recolor as Drk/Lt green.

The thing is when it is very close you can see the Drk/Lt recolor.

I back up a bit then the recolor start to fading.

Is that normal did I miss something on SimPE.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 11:50 PM
you need to go back to SimPE and update all sizes in the texture. (I think - I had the same problem with something else and that fixed it for me)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 8:58 AM
I second Leesester's opinion and suggestion; also, you'd get the best results using the "DDS Utilities", as explained int he general recolouring tutorial (using the DDS utilities you don't need to "Update all sizes").

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Asner20051 : 20th Nov 2008 at 12:53 AM.
Default Recolor Pearson 206 SimRanger is Fading
Hi Numenor. first of all many thanks.
I had a problem I didn't have Build DXT... on SimPE.
I download Nvidea DDS Utilities then I went to the preferences and follow all the details.
So now I do have Nvidea DDS Utilities on SimPE.

You can see two helicopters one is original Pearson 206 SimRanger in green and the one I recolor Drk/Lt green kind of Army helicopter.

When I get near I can see the one I recolor the army helicopter, it seems okay.
When I zoom back I can see my army helicopter and the recolor did not fading away.

Thank you Numenor.
Screenshots