Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Smaller Closure Door

by HugeLunatic Posted 26th Feb 2011 at 8:12 PM - Updated 1st Feb 2012 at 8:21 PM by HugeLunatic

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It's a bug that only affects some games, regardless of graphics (ati or nvidia). And yes, EA refuses to acknowledge it.

They are black in my game, I use building cheats to get rid of it. Placing lighting inside never works, for me at least. When building a garage start with one square of foundation, then use cfe to make it normal wall height, then build remaining garage with normal walls. The foundation piece tricks the room into being lit properly, I think by it thinking it is not enclosed since your using two different wall types. You *must* build the foundation piece first, before any walls and you *must* leave the foundation piece there to keep it from turning black.

What if im making a garage thats connected to my house with a foundation? Im about to talk to EA, it must have happened when i installed outdoor living stuff. Do you think if i uninstall outdoor living and reinstall it, it may fix it?
i love this garage door, it made my life lol, thank you for making it by the way (:
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th May 2011 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Nari73 : 6th May 2011 at 6:46 PM. Reason: post was a request
3 on 4 Garage Door
Sorry. I deleted this message, as it was a request, and I read your policy stating no requests please.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 21st May 2011 at 6:13 AM
thanks! was wondering how to make a garage door for my small house for my hobo whos upgrading to a shack u r da bomb!
Test Subject
#54 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:56 PM
This is beautiful! The only issue I have with this is that the patterns on the door are so much darker than they are in CAS. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln0xr8eHHy1qd4ppu.jpg

For me, that's a slightly modified version (I just made the frame a little darker) of the first default door, which is an off-white color I believe. Any reason this would be happening?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:05 PM
Thank you! I figured it out This is one of my must-have pieces of building CC. All your CC is great :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 4:51 PM Last edited by RylandHomes : 14th Oct 2011 at 4:53 PM. Reason: forgot the "e" at the end of "one" :P
Awesome! Just what I think we all need! Do you think you could make one that is one tile bigger than the default ea garage door, please? Then I think we'd be rollin :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:57 AM
Thank you for updating!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:25 AM
I agree with acoustix this is a must-have. Thanks for creating and updating this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:21 PM
Thank you for this!:D
I'm so happy to have a smaller version of that garage door!:D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 2:05 PM
I've been looking for a 2-tile garage door since late 2011. Two years late, no 2-tile garage doors and this is one of the two 3-tile garage doors I found, so it's still a rarity. I figured since no one created a 2-tiled version in 2 years, maybe it was just not possible to create a functional 2-tile garage door (although I still wonder why there's not even a deco one) so I thought I'd just get a 3-tiled one instead and centre it to occupy [half square/square/square/half square] instead of just [square/square/square], but apparently we cannot centre doors that way like we can with other items such as decorative items and furniture :/
This is still going to be a really nice addiction to my game; it may not be suited for the recreation of the building where I live, but I'm sure my other houses could use this one ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 3:12 PM
Thank you so much I have a garage with no garage door because the door is just to big so i left the wall open . So thanks again
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 6:38 PM
Thanks. I've been searching for this. EA made the doors much too big, it looks really out of place for European houses. A shortage of Hummers I guess :-).
THANKS POST
#65 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:10 AM
Thank you very much. I became always angry with this f... big garage-door from EA.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:14 AM
Grata por postar, eu Amo seu Trabalho! Perfeito.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:22 PM
Gee, I have been looking for something like this for so long... Thank you very much !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 11:26 AM
Thank you, this I really need. EA is short on the thought process, they always leave something half done. Thanks again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 9:35 PM
Thank you, this is amazing. I don't know how to do this but can you convert these garage doors to the Sims 2?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 6:16 AM
Thank you so much! The old garage doors look like 2-car garage doors. This slimmer one looks much better proportioned on my buildings!
Test Subject
#71 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 5:47 PM
OH MY GOSH I love thisss, please make a sims 2 version! I NEED IT :O
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 7:03 PM
I look at garages in real life when I'm out and about, and this is what always bugged me about that garage door in the base game. Too dang big for some homes. Thanks for sharing this. ^_^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 8:53 AM
I've been wanting a smaller garage door for ages. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 5:48 PM
This is PERFECT! Just the right size for those smaller houses. THANK YOU!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:04 AM
Thank you so much!!! I am sick and tired of the sizes of that massive intercom gate not lining up with the garage. I mean COME ON!! I'm dying here!! ha ha :D
Page 3 of 4