Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C. Dark
Thanks, really great steps, but unfortunately I f.i. don't have PS, so I already did a test with GIMP using Batch Recolour, which really works great.
But only applying 1 colour to all. I am not ready with my testing yet. But as far as I noticed only the files with combined ui parts in it are needed not the single ones.
Exchanging loading screen pictures you can also do this with GIMP easily.

So if someone already has done this with GIMP, any other steps for batch converting single colours would be helpful

I don't know when I will finish my ui project so you need to wait

I thought GIMP was just a free-er version of PS? They have all the same functions, just a different user layout. You should still be able to create actions in GIMP. Good luck on your ui project!
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 18th Sep 2023 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mookymilk
I thought GIMP was just a free-er version of PS? They have all the same functions, just a different user layout. You should still be able to create actions in GIMP. Good luck on your ui project!

That's not quite how this works They may both be image editing software, but that doesn't guarantee a 1:1 of functionality.
GIMP doesn't actually have action recording built into it. It has a very large array of user-made plugins, though.
Something like the BIMP plugin may be useful for C. Dark's purposes (how does one ping a username with a space in it, anyway?)

Photoshop is most certainly overpriced for what it does, but it does do things a little bit differently.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 18th Sep 2023 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
That's not quite how this works They may both be image editing software, but that doesn't guarantee a 1:1 of functionality.
GIMP doesn't actually have action recording built into it. It has a very large array of user-made plugins, though.
Something like the BIMP plugin may be useful for C. Dark's purposes (how does one ping a username with a space in it, anyway?)

Photoshop is most certainly overpriced for what it does, but it does do things a little bit differently.

Oh, I haven't used Gimp in awhile, but I'm sure you can get PS for free. Simmers are always sharing safe links on tumblr. Half the time on here I see modders using a 2015 version built for an Ipad on their laptops, so I'm sure it's doable. However, I did just a brief reading on google, and you can apparently create a GIMP script which works similar to PS actions, and it has the ability to color or rather colorize a photo. It's described as being an automated process, although I'm not sure if you can batch build with that. In any case, I still wish you all the best in your UI project. I just wanted to help others here as I've seen comments express the pain staking process of coloring each and every 4.2k png file.
Instructor
#129 Old 18th Sep 2023 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mookymilk
Oh, I haven't used Gimp in awhile, but I'm sure you can get PS for free. Simmers are always sharing safe links on tumblr. Half the time on here I see modders using a 2015 version built for an Ipad on their laptops, so I'm sure it's doable. However, I did just a brief reading on google, and you can apparently create a GIMP script which works similar to PS actions, and it has the ability to color or rather colorize a photo. It's described as being an automated process, although I'm not sure if you can batch build with that. In any case, I still wish you all the best in your UI project. I just wanted to help others here as I've seen comments express the pain staking process of coloring each and every 4.2k png file.

Yes, there are a few scripts and plugins that can help make the workflow easier so hopefully those who needed it will find something suitable. It's a little more intimidating to work with when it isn't all built in, but being open source is always a plus
Just note while it may be relatively easy for many of us to obtain PS by other means, such things generally aren't allowed to be discussed or encouraged here. Even if it creates a bit of a gap between those of us with the tools and those without. (I may be stalling a texturing tutorial for the very reason that I've promised to give instructions for both programs... even if that means double the work )
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 19th Sep 2023 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Yes, there are a few scripts and plugins that can help make the workflow easier so hopefully those who needed it will find something suitable. It's a little more intimidating to work with when it isn't all built in, but being open source is always a plus
Just note while it may be relatively easy for many of us to obtain PS by other means, such things generally aren't allowed to be discussed or encouraged here. Even if it creates a bit of a gap between those of us with the tools and those without. (I may be stalling a texturing tutorial for the very reason that I've promised to give instructions for both programs... even if that means double the work )

Yeah I am really annoyed that I cannot use my preset from Colourise with bimp batch conversion, which would suits me more than colorize just with one colour, which does not fit for everything and no I have no knowledge in scripting. The settings of the batch image manipulating are really too little (for me).

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Page 6 of 6