Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#101 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:32 PM
Hello! I glad to find something like this post. But just to clarify. Does this thread exists just as challenge for sims? Or you searching a sim-makers to claim your project?
Regards. Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:53 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 2nd May 2019 at 6:17 AM. Reason: Added "Thick Eyebrows" to Genetic Attributes.
Default Part 1: Update and Summary
Hi everyone. I'd like to preface this post by apologizing for my inactivity in the thread, as well as the length of time it has taken me to respond to some of you in the forum. I feel I owe you an explanation for my whereabouts. As Nilxis stated in his most recent post here, for over a year now he, cyberzombieprincess, and I have been communicating and developing a lot behind the scenes as the forum became less active. In addition to this, after my post in June, I took a break from The Sims altogether for some period of months as I lost my mom.

Moving forward, I will be more transparent with you guys. All that being said, I am happy to be back. For those who remain, I look forward to working with you guys once more as well as sharing more information about the population with you. And for those who have left, I look forward to putting in the work to build back the bridge of communication with you.

On to the replies;

Quote: Originally posted by TSOgeology101
I know I've been gone from the thread..

You've been gone eh?! Well your preaching to the choir here .

I def want my sims who is an acrobat by day and pirate by night, if at all possible.

I love this ! As far as the possibility of this, there's not much more I can add to that question, as I believe Nilxis responded perfectly. Here's what I will say; we believe you guys (the players) should have the opportunity to play this world any way you like. However, we're establishing a universe in this world as well, so there may be some play-styles/scenarios that won't fit into that canonically. Here's the thing, we're going to provide you guys a starting point, yes. Buuuuuut we're going to provide you with an interesting world and an equally interesting story that still allows you room to create your character and back-story alongside it .

sordid past secrets involving an upper class Uranesian and a lower class Uranesian, with a tale of lust, greed, and murder!!

Too dark?

@tizerist
Hi tizerist! My bad! I tried to download it ages ago from the thread and the link was dead, so I looked across the whole of the inter-webs trying to find a link and I stumbled upon two threads (I think one of them in MTS?), where it was said that the mod was out of date and no longer working. So at that point I threw up my hands and gave up looking. So if it's still working, this is my mistake! I apologize!

@Kylaaab
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
I would love it if I could participate in sim creation and fill any extra spaces where sims need to be that haven't been created yet

We would love it if you participated in sim creation!!! Give me some more insight on who else you'd like to create their sex, age, and total number of sims you'd like to submit, and we'll take it from there. I'll try to match your sim(s) with what we have currently planned. I'll explain more about what to expect in my post below! I will also be posting future updates pertaining to creation.

but I don't want to see the world before it's done, sims and all

I completely understand and respect this! We will be making things spoiler free for all who would like to participate. You will have to see images of other sims however. I, as well as other creators, will be posting households from The City in the Mountains in this forum for reference purposes (to help us learn), and also for people who want to offer us feedback.

I will also be providing a spreadsheet for sim makers listing all households in the city for reference. I don't consider this a spoiler because, as I mentioned, I will be posting most of these households in the thread for examples, as well as for feedback. This spreadsheet however will not contain any story spoilers or any information on the population outside of the city. Below is a spoiler free screenshot of the spreadsheet. It contains information on one family I have already publicly released on MTS.

However, if you still think this setup reveals too much, you could go in completely blind and opt out of downloading the spreadsheet.

... I could just post downloads of the simfiles for the other, more invested, Uranesia sim makers to incorporate in order to lessen the load of the multitude of sims..? If that's okay with them and you, that is. I can add links to this post if I'm given the okay by you and the other dedicated sim-creators in this thread.

Sure you could do this !!! You could provide one sim at a time (and leave the household match-making to us). If you would like to go this route, we would have to talk about how many sims you'd like to create, and you'd have to be open about the age and genders of your creations as the number of sims you'd like to submit goes up. Or, we can assign you complete households. Or, if you want to get into the general synopsis (or even contribute some story elements) for assigned households you may. Or, if you want to provide a resource for other creators, such as base sims, you could do that as well. Your level of participation is entirely up to you!

Also, what in particular should I change to make her fit more? I'll make all necessary changes if everyone is okay with incorporating the sim-uranesian, or any future sim-uranesians I may make.

First I would like to say I love your sim! You did a really good job with the information we provided here! I can't tell you how happy I am to see people actually wanting to be involved in the population!!! Your sim is a literal ray of sunshine in a sea of inactivity! I can't tell you how much joy it brought me to see her :lovestruc:. But enough with the figurative and metaphors let's get to the literals. I want to tell you the details of what exactly it is I love, and what we can work on to make her even better!

Eyes: This is probably my favorite part of her besides your unique utilization of her clothing. You have really captured the eyes perfectly! The shape and the color! The only recommendation I would have would be to make the eyes a smaller. But I wouldn't dare change anything else :lovestruc.

Eyebrows: I got nothing for you here! These shits are literal PERFECTION .

Nose: It's a great starting point! However, it still needs a bit more sculpting. The nostrils and the bridge in particular. Uranesians have aquiline noses (also known as a Roman or hook nose). Also there should be more space between the nose and the lips (I.e. the nose should rest a little higher on the face). You did the best you could with the sliders that you have, but more sliders will really help you achieve this look. I know what it's like to try create detailed noses with no CC sliders and it's nearly impossible . Personally, I believe the nose is by far the most difficult part to do on a sim. 9/10 times I run into problems when creating noses on my sims . I know it may seem silly, but what I do is I look at real life picture of a nose. It honestly helps! I will search "aquiline nose" in google images, pick a nose I like, and do my best to capture the personality of that nose. But what you really need are the tools. Later I'm going to give you guys a folder with all my sliders, and I'll also get into more tips and tricks.

Lips: Great shape and size and they are sculpted very well!

Face Shape: Is stunning! Very sculpted! This is another difficult part to execute and you knocked it out of the park!!! The only thing I'd recommend is that the cheekbones need to be more prominent, but other than that, the chin and jaw are amazing!

Hair: Hairs used are from the base game, WA, A, P, ST, SP, S, and IP. There will be some CC hair as well. I will be providing you guys with a folder of all the CC used in a later post.

Makeup: The eyeliner option you used is lovely! I also see you used the SP lipstick for this sim. It's a solid choice in a pinch, but it's pretty restrictive as it's only one color channel. Since we're allowed to use CC, I use Dry Lips by IN3S all the time, as the skin we're using doesn't have a very detailed lip. Last thing, all Uranesians have white (light... I’ll explain this in a later post) face veins. So the SP veins in the costume makeup tab should be added.

Tattoos: You could add some color, but quite honestly, they look good to me as is!

Clothes: I love your utilization of textures and color here!! Even though it doesn't match the current style (this is not your fault as the references we have here aren't current) this is a such a very unique and cohesive take. I can tell you know your way around textures :lovestruc. The current style we're using utilizes a lot of WA pieces, as well as a use of more color and patterns. Also each family has a "color sigil." It's basically two colors that are assigned to each family and displayed somewhere on their clothing (usually set as two stripes). For now, refer to these posts by me and Ryland for some examples of dress. These are not exactly up to date, so please look out for my future post where I'll post recent examples. In the meantime, these are a good blueprint.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful sim Ky :lovestruc!!!! I hope this has helped you some. If you have more questions feel free to ask as well as post more pictures! And please be on the lookout for my follow up posts. It's going to take me some time to put everything together, but I will be working on it, and it will be coming soon.

@Victor_tor
Hi! I hope you or Nilxis don't mind me stepping in here and answering 🙂. The forum is now primarily for feedback, but we're open to submissions.

Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Does this thread exists just as challenge for sims?

When the thread began, it was a means to develop the stylistic and physical characteristics of the race of people that will resided in Nilxis' world, Uranesia. However, these characteristics have now been established. So no, but if people would simply like to showcase their creations here, I certainly would enjoy seeing them!

Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Or you searching a sim-makers to claim your project?

Yes and no. We're not searching for people, however if people are invested (or would like to be) and want to contribute their talents and efforts to the population, we're providing them with the means to do so. I'll explain more about this below 🙂.

So there's a lot of information I need to catch you guys up on. It'll be too much to dump on you (and me) if I do everything in one post so I'll spare us both. I will do so over a series of posts (2-3?). This post will be focused on catching you guys up on the basics of what has developed in the meantime. I'm going to really try to make this as brief, clear, and not boring as possible. I don't want to submit a forty page document for you guys to mill through.

BALANCING THE POPULATION:
The plan is that we are shooting for a population size of 140-145 total sims in the world. This including NPC's and homeless sims.
At the moment we have a total of 56 planned households (Including the NPC household), with 164 sims, and a total of 85 sims that have been created and submitted.

Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
Furuu has created a super detailed planning for the entire population of the world, that means (...) we’re still working on cutting down the population numbers a bit more, she’s even had to delete some of her own sims that she made to do so. As you can see, this is some serious work and it’s key for balancing the population, so it has to be preserved.

I'm sure some of you are wondering how this happened? Why are sims being deleted, why are there so many now, and why are things so restricted? Initially when we started creating sims, it was more about filling up lots. I had no idea about the game mechanics (balancing population for performance, balancing careers, etc.). We've been learning slowly along the way. And we have learned that we have made two big mistakes when we started;

-We weren't fully aware of population and its impact on the game performance

And as a result we made the second mistake,

-There are too many sims who are non-working
(From sims who can't work due to routing or story conflicts, to minors who just can't {and shouldn't} work. These sims make up roughly 50% of the population.)

This is why the parameters are now so strict. This is why I have had to delete some of my own sims. This is why I had to plan every household, the lot, the number of sims in each, and the occupation. The other aspects planned (ie. gender and connections) were planned for story reasons.
If this isn't bad enough, I am still working on things. When we began, there were over 200 sims planned. I managed to siphon that down to 164, but I still have at least 19 sims that I must remove.

However, all of this doesn't change the fact that there are people here who would still like to contribute, and there are others here who have already contributed so much to the development of Uranesians, and it simply would not be fair to you, or to the development of this world for that matter, if you weren't allowed the space to show off your talent and dedication. So if you are one of these people, we are giving you a way to continue to contribute.
This was how we set in part to fix our mistakes, but if you have any input on how we can make this better please feel free to share, as we are always open to you guys' feedback.

HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE!:
If you guys would like to participate, for now just post your interest in the thread, and we'll get started from there. You can list the total number of sims you'd like to submit, the sexes, and the age.
If you have a preference or idea in mind on what you'd like to create just let me know, and I'll see what I can do to align your preferences to what we have available. Once we have settled on what household(s) you'll be creating, I'll then provide you with any extra detail, freedoms, and/or restrictions pertaining to them. You may also just want to provide creators with base sims that they can edit at their own discretion, that is also welcome. Just let us know in what capacity you'd like to contribute and we'll work from there.

When you complete your sim and are ready to provide us with pictures for approval, please submit the following pictures taken in CAS; a close up of the front of your sim’s face, a close-up profile shot, and a full body shot. See these posts from Kylaaab and me, for examples. More pictures are always welcome ❤, but we need these three shots to provide you with the proper feedback and guidance.

I'd like to also add that in the future, if you are approved, you may need to update clothing and makeup again. The reason being is the CC I will be providing now is not complete. The end goal is for all appropriate clothing to be converted to all ages and both sexes. Additionally, I am currently working on a custom skin. Once these changes are executed the makeup on your sims may not match the skin, and/or you may need to transfer the clothing patterns/elements from the old version of the CC item to their updated counterparts.
If you are modder or know someone who is and may interested in helping us with these conversions or a custom skin, please reach out to us!

Other things to keep in mind for creation:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-General Information-
-There are a strict set of genetic and clothing requirements your sim must pass before admission
-Use of CC is required for creation (at least, the sliders)
-Non CC CAS items used are from the Base Game and the following EPs (WA, A, P, ST, SP, S, IP);

-Genetic Attributes-
-Dark grey skin
-Eyes ranging from white, orange, yellow, or yellow-green (chartreuse)
-Hair ranging from white, grey, dark-blue, dark-green
-White veins on face
-Pronounced cheekbones
-Thick Eyebrows
-Epicanthic eyes
-Aquiline nose
-Long pointed nails

-Fashion Attributes-
-Each family has a "color sigil." Two colors that are displayed somewhere (usually prominently) on their clothing (usually as a set of stripes)
-Dress will vary with social-class and must match accordingly
-Brightly colored, highly textured clothing
-Tattoos on body and face
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, there are some things that we will need to provide to help you. You can't do all of this alone!
In my next post(s) you will be provided with the following help:

- Updated descriptions and pictures of the genetic guidelines
- How to dress Uranesians based on their culture and social-class
- A folder including all of the current CC needed for creation (This includes all the sliders I use -fair warning, it's a lot -)
- A spreadsheet listing all the planned households for the City in the Mountains

Ok, that's it for now! If you’ve read this far, you're a champ, and if after reading this far you are still willing to contribute your feedback and sims, well, you're my hero ❤. I hope this post was clear and compact. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you guys for your help, and keep a look out for part 2!
Theorist
#103 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
@tizerist
Hi tizerist! My bad! I tried to download it ages ago from the thread and the link was dead, so I looked across the whole of the inter-webs trying to find a link and I stumbled upon two threads (I think one of them in MTS?), where it was said that the mod was out of date and no longer working. So at that point I threw up my hands and gave up looking. So if it's still working, this is my mistake! I apologize!

Good to see you back :D
Indeed the download link is long dead, but I still remember the modded career titles being ok on patch 1.67. Unless something else is broken in the mod? I certainly didn't notice anything wrong anyway. The only way to know is for us to test it I guess, but I've got my hands full recently...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#104 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 7:22 AM
We would love it if you participated in sim creation!!! Give me some more insight on who else you'd like to create their sex, age, and total number of sims you'd like to submit, and we'll take it from there. I'll try to match your sim(s) with what we have currently planned. I'll explain more about what to expect in my post below! I will also be posting future updates pertaining to creation.

\You will have to see images of other sims however. I, as well as other creators, will be posting households from The City in the Mountains in this forum for reference purposes (to help us learn), and also for people who want to offer us feedback.

I will also be providing a spreadsheet for sim makers listing all households in the city for reference. I don't consider this a spoiler because, as I mentioned, I will be posting most of these households in the thread for examples, as well as for feedback. This spreadsheet however will not contain any story spoilers or any information on the population outside of the city. Below is a spoiler free screenshot of the spreadsheet. It contains information on one family I have already publicly released on MTS.

However, if you still think this setup reveals too much, you could go in completely blind and opt out of downloading the spreadsheet.

You could provide one sim at a time (and leave the household match-making to us). If you would like to go this route, we would have to talk about how many sims you'd like to create, and you'd have to be open about the age and genders of your creations as the number of sims you'd like to submit goes up. Or, we can assign you complete households. Or, if you want to get into the general synopsis (or even contribute some story elements) for assigned households you may. Or, if you want to provide a resource for other creators, such as base sims, you could do that as well. Your level of participation is entirely up to you!

I am completely fine in knowing all of the family names and what their assigned genders/roles/ages are, it's only the backstories that I want to be kept in the dark about, because when the world's all finished I want to learn the stories for the first time by completing the adventures and tombs

For the sims, I can make whatever is needed. If whole families are needed tell me what ages they should be and what they should dress like and I can do that, or if you have families that are partially done, tell me what sims are missing and what their age/gender/occupation (s) are and maybe show me an already completed member so I can keep the look as cohesive as possible, and I can do that too. I'd like to help however I can.

And uh, would I have to come up with names for these guys? I don't think I'd be able to find accurate names for the cultures they're stemming from.. eheh.

P.S. Are things from any stuff packs allowed? Because Movie Stuff has some real neat hairs-- the one I used and a lot of other neat ones. There are some interesting clothing options too there.. but if not I can find substitutes :}

Thank you for the thoughtful response btw

Oh! And I almost forgot. Where can I find the face veins that will be used for the Uranesians?
Test Subject
#105 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:57 PM
@tizerist
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Good to see you back :D
Indeed the download link is long dead, but I still remember the modded career titles being ok on patch 1.67. Unless something else is broken in the mod? I certainly didn't notice anything wrong anyway. The only way to know is for us to test it I guess, but I've got my hands full recently...

Thank you tizerist! Glad to be back. I'm just sorry it took me so long to respond to you !!

You know, I think that you're right, that it probably works? I just got frustrated because I had been searching to the point that I was on Russian websites and they didn't even have it. And they have everything. Then I ran into the threads saying it was outdated, and at that point I was like, seriously?!?! Man... just... just "forget " this.

As you said, we would certainly have to test it to find out. It would be nice to see how it functions for curiosity's sake, or as a potential blueprint for our own careers, but don't worry too much about it, especially if you have business to take care of!! We'll be creating our own custom careers anyway .

P.S. How do you respond so succinctly?! Please. Teach me.

I am completely fine in knowing all of the family names and what their assigned genders/roles/ages are, it's only the backstories that I want to be kept in the dark about, because when the world's all finished I want to learn the stories for the first time by completing the adventures and tombs

That's cool!! When there's a movie that I want to see, I refuse to watch trailers. I want to go in completely blind. So yes, you are making perfect sense to me!

I'll be posting a blurb (synopsis?) in the thread for each completed family in the city (basically what EA has when you select a family and edit town and it has a short description of the family). But in the future, I'll place this under the "spoiler tab" for any who don't want to know. These will not contain story spoilers, but for you or others who want to go in blind, I'll conceal it.

For the sims, I can make whatever is needed. If whole families are needed tell me what ages they should be and what they should dress like and I can do that, or if you have families that are partially done, tell me what sims are missing and what their age/gender/occupation (s) are and maybe show me an already completed member so I can keep the look as cohesive as possible, and I can do that too. I'd like to help however I can.

Awesome! Thank you for being so flexible and willing to help!! Once I finish everything on my end, then we'll talk about numbers and what's open. As of now, your participation is appreciated and dually noted! For the time being you can continue to work on your sim to ready her for review.

And uh, would I have to come up with names for these guys? I don't think I'd be able to find accurate names for the cultures they're stemming from.. eheh.

And those were the names I came up with . Just wait until you see what Nilxis has come up with for these names .

To your questions though, no you don't have to .

P.S. Are things from any stuff packs allowed? Because Movie Stuff has some real neat hairs-- the one I used and a lot of other neat ones. There are some interesting clothing options too there.. but if not I can find substitutes :}

No, no stuff packs are included. I did take a look at the movie stuff pack hairs, but it is my feeling they don't fit the current style. Here are some of the hairstyles with hairpeices that are currently in use;

However these are more for wealthy and upper middle-class households.
I hope this helps. In my later posts I'll show you some more pictures of dress.

Thank you for the thoughtful response btw

Of course!! Thank you for participating!

Oh! And I almost forgot. Where can I find the face veins that will be used for the Uranesians?

Sure no problem. They are from SP under the Makeup, Costume Makeup tab.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 1:38 AM
Ok, so I took your guidance into account and I changed her up a bit. I made the eyes smaller, changed the nose up, and made the cheekbones more prominent. I also downloaded the custom skin-tone and used it on her, and I changed the clothing colors a bit (I can add the color sigil you mentioned once I know what hers can be..?), as well as the hairstyle. I used one from ambitions, so no stuff packs :} Let me know if I need to make any other changes or if there any other sims I can make.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:05 PM
I don’t think there’s a lot I can add after such detailed responses and all this useful information provided by FuruFuruu to respond to you guys, but let me just say that I’m also very glad to see new activity in the thread after so long!

Here’s just some things I’d like to say:

@Victor_tor, I don’t think I could’ve explained it better than Furuu did, so I hope that answered your question As she said, your level of participation is completely up to you!

@Kylaab, I’m very happy to see you are interested in participating, and that you are so open to adapt to our requirements, so thank you very much for your help!

Quote: Originally posted by ”Kylaaab”
it's only the backstories that I want to be kept in the dark about, because when the world's all finished I want to learn the stories for the first time by completing the adventures and tombs

And I am also very happy to read this! We’ve barely shared any details about the backstories, so I’m glad to see you appreciate something we’re working hard on even if you can’t tell what it is. We’ll try not to reveal anything so you can work on the sims without worries and get the full experience once the world is released.

@tizerist
Quote: Originally posted by ”FuruFuruu”
but don't worry too much about it, especially if you have business to take care of!! We'll be creating our own custom careers anyway .

That’s right!

About names for the Sims, @Kylaaab,
Quote: Originally posted by ”FuruFuruu”
And those were the names I came up with . Just wait until you see what Nilxis has come up with for these names . To your questions though, no you don't have to

Yeah, you can look at the names Furuu, @RylandHomes, and @Chihara000 came up for the sims they showcased here in the thread, but they made them up completely so you can do the same too . Eventually, most names will be slightly edited to make them more cohesive, so it’s not something you should worry about now.

Okay, so finally, about the changes to your sim, she looked great before but you just made her so much better! You really applied Furuu’s suggestions and it shows. The new details make the difference, I really like the new dress’ colors, that was the only thing I didn’t really like about your first version (actually the blue part only), because it looked like denim and it was too modern or real for a Uranesian. So great job overall! I can’t wait to see how you perfect her once you have all the CC and she is assigned a specific household/social class/etc, but so far she looks very Uranesian indeed!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#108 Old 2nd May 2019 at 6:05 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 4th Sep 2019 at 3:55 PM.
Default Part 2: Tips and Resources
@Kylaaab

- A folder including all of the current CC needed for creation

Below I have provided a download link to the sliders and CAS CC you will need to contribute;

DOWNLOAD HERE

Sliders are included as separate and merged. Please pick only one.

I'd like to add, please keep the following in mind; the CC is not complete. The end goal is for all appropriate clothing to be converted to all ages and both sexes. I am also making a custom skin.

Due to this, you may need to make additional cosmetic changes (clothing, patterns, and makeup) to your sim(s) in the future. If you are for whatever reason unable to make these changes before the world is released, Nilxis has requested you must give us permission to make these changes on your behalf (don’t worry this is limited to cosmetics and does not involve genetics).

Without further ado, let’s get into the post.

Let's start by again listing the defining characteristics of the Uranesian race that is listed in the previous post:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-General Information-
-There are a strict set of genetic and clothing requirements your sim must pass before admission
-Use of CC is required for creation (at least, the sliders)
-Non CC CAS items used are from the Base Game and the following EPs (WA, A, P, ST, SP, S, IP);

-Genetic Attributes-
-Dark grey skin
-Eyes ranging from white, orange, yellow, or yellow-green (chartreuse)
-Hair ranging from white, grey, dark-blue, dark-green
-White (light) veins on face
-Pronounced cheekbones
-Thick Eyebrows (forgot to add this)
-Epicanthic eyes
-Aquiline nose
-Long pointed nails

-Fashion Attributes-
-Each family has a "color sigil." Two colors that are displayed somewhere (usually prominently) on their clothing (usually as a set of stripes)
-Dress will vary with social-class and must match accordingly
-Brightly colored, highly textured clothing
-Tattoos on body and face
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENETIC ATTRIBUTES:
Here are some examples of the race demonstrated with my sims;

For additional examples, check Rylandholmes’ posts here, here, and here, as well as my own here and here.

As you all know, Nilxis stated that the world will have some fantasy elements, however it will have a strong foundation in realism. This same style carries over to the style of the sims. Overall, the look should stylistically lean towards realism (Skyrim, Mass Effect) versus cartoonish (Legend of Zelda Windwaker/Borderlands). This means proportional features ie. smaller eyes, smaller heads, shorter noses (shorter referring to length not depth).

Uranesians are also phenotypically inspired by the Fulani, Indigenous American, and Inuit peoples.

-Sliders-
In order to achieve this look, you guys are going to have to utilize sliders… and a lot. Now I’m not saying that you’ll have to use all the sliders that I’m providing, but you will definitely have to use some.

-NRaas Master Controller-
Whereas sliders are mandatory NRaas is optional. Here are three options from Master Controller that I use when I create my sims;
-Increase sliders to 300
(City Hall/Computer > NRaas > Master Controller > Settings > CAS > Max Sliders = 300)
As the game only allows a max of 100 sliders, increasing the slider count allows you to bypass the 100 limit.

-Multiply slider range by “4”
(City Hall/Computer > NRaas > Master Controller > Settings > CAS > Slider Multiple:Facial = 4)
This increases the slider value, multiplying the range of each slider by four.

-Multiple accessories per location
(City Hall/Computer > NRaas > Master Controller > Settings > CAS > Multiple Accessories Per Location = True)
Allows you to layer multiple accessories in the same group.

-Multiple makeup per location
(City Hall/Computer > NRaas > Master Controller > Settings > CAS > Multiple Makeup Per Location = True)
Allows you to layer multiple makeup in the same category.

-Expanded Tattoo
Expands tattoo placement options to face, hands, feet, and various locations.

-Nose-
As the nose in my opinion is the most challenging thing to do on the face, I thought I'd dedicate a section to it.

I know this is going to sound superfluous, but when I have trouble what I usually do is search real people's noses. Since the Uranesians are inspired by real people, I look at photographs of Indigenous Americans, or I'll search aquiline nose and work from there.

However if you're more freeform, what I do when I can't find a real-life nose to use, I use a chart that has multiple nose shapes. I'll get a general shape from the chart, and then I go in and add more details on the fly. Any chart will work, but I use this one;

There are also some sliders I heavily depend on, those being;
-Nose Definition
-Nose Rotate
-Nose Length
-Nose Width
-Nose Scale
-Nose Height
-Nose Bridge Rotate
-Bridge Depth
-Nostril Rotate
-Nostril Curve
-Nostril Depth

I will add that I do use majority of the nose sliders, but these are the ones that I utilize the most.

If you’re still having problems the last bit of advice I have to offer is focus on the nostrils. I often find the nostrils are THE most important part to creating a good nose.

-Makeup-
So makeup is supposed to a fashion attribute, however I'm adding it to the genetic section I'll explain why.

Initially, the makeup is supposed to be very colorful and vibrant for Uranesians. However, I personally have not been able to achieve this look because the darker you go on the slider scale the more matte and plastic the skin looks (Thanks EA). So when I use makeup it’s to add dimension back into the face. This unfortunately leaves me little room for color. How I usually make up for this, is by making tattoos very colorful.

If you can do colorful makeup, I say go for it. However, this isn’t a strict requirement because I realize this is hard to achieve without a custom dark skin or layering tons of CC makeup.

So how you execute makeup is largely your choice, but here are the requirements/recommendations;

-Face veins (Costume)

Required. I usually don’t make the face veins pure white. They are always lighter than the sim’s skin complexion (very near the center of the color wheel), but usually have a tint similar to the undertone of the sim.

-Dry lips CC (Lipstick)

Recommended.

-SP raccoon looking eye circles (Eye Shadow)

Recommended. I often use this option in a slightly darker color to contour the face.

-Base game thinnest eyeliner (Eye liner)

Optional. Since the waterline on the eye of this skin is grey, I use this make-up in bright pink. This is just to add some realism into the skin.

FASHION ATTRIBUTES:
The fashion was largely inspired by cyberzombieprincess. Here are her designs;

There are some real world influences as well, those being Chinese, Indian, and Thai.

Clothing should be brightly colored and vibrant.

-Base Game & Expansion Options-
Here are some of the clothing options that come with the game that you can utilize. I’ve only listed adult and child as the clothing items repeat in most other categories;

These are examples. They are not a strict guideline of what you can or cannot use. My philosophy is; if you can make it work, then you can make it work. I try to stay away from items that are thematically different or are more modern looking (zippers, buttons, flys, etc.). However, I know that some people may be able to disguise these things with patterns or colors. If you're one of these people, go for it. So long as it matches the theme, you're good to go.

-Patterns-
I have the same philosophy with patterns that I do with clothing. If you can make it work, then make it work. Just be sure to stay away from modern-looking patterns (jeans, hearts, camo, etc.).

-Color Sigil-
Earlier, I mentioned that each family has a color sigil that is represented somewhere on their clothing. This is usually represented as a set of two stripes. Here are the striped patterns you can use to represent the sigil;

-Dressing Sims According to Social Class-
There should be visual differences between each class. Since we are not completely able to distinguish the different classes through clothing. I've set a system through color and patterns.

Here is an example demonstrated on my sims;

The base color for the clothing of poor and middle-class sims is an undyed natural linen (ivory, eggshell, ecru, oatmeal, cream, taupe, etc.), brown, or a dark brown color. Patterns on the middle-class can be vibrantly colored, whereas poorer families patterns and colors are limited usually to those of their color sigil. Wealthy families have an array of colors and patterns. The base color for the clothing of wealthy sims is almost always a color achieved by dyeing.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS:
Well, that's it! I have one more thing I must add to this post, that is;
- The spreadsheet listing all the planned households for the City in the Mountains.

So be out on the lookout. But other than that, this is all you need to know.
If you have any questions or suggestions about anything feel free to share!

Lastly, if you are modder, or know someone who is and may interested in helping us with these conversions or a custom skin, please reach out to us!

Thank you guys for your help and participation! I look forward to seeing your sims!
Field Researcher
#109 Old 23rd May 2019 at 2:33 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 23rd May 2019 at 2:43 AM.
@Kylaaab

Sorry for not replying sooner, but luckily I now have a bit more free time. I added the reddish and orange sigil to the young adult girl. I also finished all of her outfit categories.

I made her eyes smaller, the ball of the nose more defined, increased the nose definition, but the bridge width I only decreased slightly, because it didn't seem like the slider was targeting the area where it looked wide, but instead was decreasing the width right below it. Here are some updated facial shots.

I went ahead and made the adult mother and teen sister you mentioned.

I'm going to add an attachment with their sim files and the four sliders, aside from the ones you mentioned, that I used. I only downloaded the lite version, so it's possible that some/all of the 4 are included in the non-lite slider pack.

Also, thank you for all your kindness. Don't hesitate to let me know which other families need completing. :}
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Uranesian Sims.7z (979.6 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#110 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 9:04 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 3rd Aug 2019 at 8:41 AM. Reason: CHANGE 4: Added name of slider for sinuses
UPDATE#4: ADDED SLIDER NAME
Unfortunately, I still don't have access to my laptop. But in the meantime, I've added some pictures and more information to describe the changes to the nose category. Once I have access to my laptop, I will provide you with more pictures.

@Kylaaab
Sorry for not replying sooner, but luckily I now have a bit more free time.

No worries! It took me some time to post my response as well .
I actually wanted to add pictures and examples to this post, but doing so will have taken me considerably longer, and I want to get this response out for you now. I'll post these examples at a later date.

Wow you've done a great job!! It's so wonderful to see her progress this nicely :lovestruc!! And you've completed two new sims as well!? Madness .

Concerning the new sims, I'm just going to comment on the young adult because once you make genetic changes to her, those changes will have to be reflected on the other Sims. Once all the genetic changes are complete, we'll focus on the other two, as this will save you from more work in the long run.

Ok, now onto the more detailed feedback;

Eyebrows:
Since I can tell you've made the eyes a little smaller, I'd recommend bringing the eyebrows down a little to compensate for the adjustment.

Nose:
I can see the changes you've made here, and they're a definite improvement. However, I still have more suggestions 🙈. The nose and nostrils still need to be more defined. As it is now, the nose appears more phenotypically Black. The ball of the nose is rounded and the nostrils are flared. Now I know there are various black features and not all black people have this kind of nose but it's a common feature of black people. Just as the epicanthic fold is a common feature amongst East Asians. I'm not trying to offend anybody here. The nose shape should be more aquiline. However that does not mean that you can't have a bulbous nose or flare nostrils or any of those. Because you can still have that. But overall the nose still needs more definition.

I made (...) the ball of the nose more defined, increased the nose definition...

I can definitely see the improvement .

... but the bridge width I only decreased slightly, because it didn't seem like the slider was targeting the area where it looked wide, but instead was decreasing the width right below it.

Understandable. The bridge looks good as is. I've attached a picture of the problem area below;

As you can see here, the area between the eyebrows and the nose looks too pointy in an unnatural way? The transition between the brow and the nose is not smooth enough. By moving the eyebrows outward some more I think it will smooth that area and make it more of a curve instead of pointy.

Try Eyebrow distance to push them outwards some.

I've added some more pictures of the other sections of the nose that may help you. Please keep in mind I drew this with my finger on my phone so it's not the best, but I'm hoping you can still understand me. Here I'll address each part with pictures;

-The ball of the nose is round and bulbous which is perfectly fine. But I think you need to lower the septum. By lowering the septum you'll help the nose to appear more defined adding more length than width. Here's a picture on a celebrity;

Barbra Streisand is a perfect example of person with an aquiline nose, that is bulbous. Yes, her nose is longer than your Sims, but I just wanted to show you example of what I was talking about. If you see on her nose also the septum is lower it's not tucked underneath the bulb but elongated downwards.

-The sinuses? I don't know what to call this area. I'm not sure if you want the area more straight or tapered. It's my assumption you want more of a softer nose so I'm assuming you would prefer that area to be more tapered. To create more of a soft tapered look, bring sinuses more outward. This may also fix the pointy area between the brows and the nose. It also allows you to still use the nose definition slider, while still creating a softer look in that area. There's actually a slider that I've provided that addresses the specific area , but I don't know the name of it off the top of my head, and I don't have my laptop it's called the Nose Mass slider. However if what you want is the nose to be more straight then I would suggest using the Nose definition slider.

My verdict here is that you need more sliders. Yes, I know I have a problem . Now it appears to me you don't want to have too much CC, so my recommendation would be to access the download link, download the sliders folder in my previous post, and just pick out the nose sliders that aren't available in the lite version.
Here are the sliders that I think you'll need;

Septum height (CC) - Lower the septum
Nose tweak (CC) - Make the ball of the nose more defined
Nostril rotate - Play around with this
Nostril curve - Play around with this
Nose tip rotate - Rotate downwards to lengthen nose

As you can see, it's a combination of features. You can take or leave some. You don't have to do them all, by doing one or few you may fix the issue. And again, it's okay to have the nose bulbous or to have the nostrils more flared, it's just you have to play around with other parts of the nose to make it still appear more aquiline.

Clothes:
-Everyday-
Outfit is great. Perfect shoes!
My only suggestion would be to add more varrying color overal. The skirt should have some color as well. Since you have that green on the top maybe try to incorporate green somewhere else? Otherwise, I would make that patch the same color as the shirt.

-Formal-
I don't think this outfit fits the Uranesian style. Perhaps try something more asian (Chinese, Indian, Middle-eastern) inspired? Also a different shoe. Metal buckles are not a component of the style.

-Sleepwear-
The dress works well , the only recommendation I'd have is to maybe try a different pattern on the bottom portion, and perhaps make the dress a lighter color?

-Athletic-
Great ! I like the texture you used. I'd reccomend changing the pants to a different texture from the shirt.

-Swimwear-
Outfit is great !
One suggestionn, try making the top maybe a lighter beige?

-Overall-
I love the textures you've used (fantastic work with that), great outfit selection, and I like the colors you've chosen for the sigil*. I'd just recommend adding more varrying textures and more color. Perhaps incorporate a littlw of the color sigils colors into some of the clothing(. I'm the first to admit, I'm not that good with color, but I'll post some examples up to demonstrate some variations (and how bad I am ) at a later date.

New Sims:
Beautiful work! As I stated earlier, I think you should finish the young adult before any changes are made to these two. For now, all I'd recommend is there be more genetic diversity between these three Sims. You can have a pair that look similar but the third Sim should have clear genetic differences. The only differences between these three I see are, different eyebrows, and the teen has a different eye color. For one of the Sim's I'd recommend you pick two things or more to change besides hair or eye color. So you can change two or more of the following. The face shape (This means making changes to everything under the head/face? tab; cheekbones, chin, jaw, etc.), the nose, the lips, and/or the eye shape. If you have some Sims laying around in the sims bin, you can try mixing and matching some features through create a baby.

I'm going to add an attachment with (...) the four sliders, aside from the ones you mentioned, that I used. I only downloaded the lite version, so it's possible that some/all of the 4 are included in the non-lite slider pack.

I don't have access to my laptop right now with all my game files, so I can't verify what these four sliders are, but I'll check to see which four sliders these are, and I'll respond to what's what in my later post with pictures,

Also, thank you for all your kindness.

Of course! And thank you for all your hard work
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#111 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 10:27 PM
Hi Kylaaab, I'm happy to see you're back with more updates and new sims! Thank you again for your help and dedication
I can also see the hard work and the improvement, these sims are looking better and better!
I agree with the suggestions Furuu has given to you, I think that some more work on the nose, a bit more color in the clothes and more genetic variety among the different sims will make them look better, but you are getting there, I can tell.
I also wanted to comment specifically on what Furuu said about making the clothes lighter, I like the browns but I also think that there should be more light beige overall. The reason being that generally this is the "base" color of the material clothes are made of, as you can see in this picture from the textile lot:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Tj5AgcPO...eenshot-224.jpg
And also here: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N9L2TjgL...eenshot-519.jpg

So this is what most clothes that haven't been dyed or "decorated" should look like, and poorer Uranesians wear these kind of more basic clothes the most in comparison to others.

Keep up the good job!

Field Researcher
#112 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Kylaaab : 14th Jun 2019 at 8:48 PM.
UPDATE#3: ANOTHER EXAMPLE UPDATED UNDER NOSE CATEGORY
Unfortunately, I still don't have access to my laptop. But in the meantime, I've added some pictures and more information to describe the changes to the nose category. Once I have access to my laptop, I will provide you with more pictures.

@Kylaaab

No worries! It took me some time to post my response as well .
I actually wanted to add pictures and examples to this post, but doing so will have taken me considerably longer, and I want to get this response out for you now. I'll post these examples at a later date.

Wow you've done a great job!! It's so wonderful to see her progress this nicely :lovestruc!! And you've completed two new sims as well!? Madness .

Concerning the new sims, I'm just going to comment on the young adult because once you make genetic changes to her, those changes will have to be reflected on the other Sims. Once all the genetic changes are complete, we'll focus on the other two, as this will save you from more work in the long run.

Ok, now onto the more detailed feedback;

Eyebrows:
Since I can tell you've made the eyes a little smaller, I'd recommend bringing the eyebrows down a little to compensate for the adjustment.

Nose:
I can see the changes you've made here, and they're a definite improvement. However, I still have more suggestions 🙈. The nose and nostrils still need to be more defined. As it is now, the nose appears more phenotypically Black. The ball of the nose is rounded and the nostrils are flared. Now I know there are various black features and not all black people have this kind of nose but it's a common feature of black people. Just as the epicanthic fold is a common feature amongst East Asians. I'm not trying to offend anybody here. The nose shape should be more aquiline. However that does not mean that you can't have a bulbous nose or flare nostrils or any of those. Because you can still have that. But overall the nose still needs more definition.

I can definitely see the improvement .

Understandable. The bridge looks good as is. I've attached a picture of the problem area below;

As you can see here, the area between the eyebrows and the nose looks too pointy in an unnatural way? The transition between the brow and the nose is not smooth enough. By moving the eyebrows outward some more I think it will smooth that area and make it more of a curve instead of pointy.

Try Eyebrow distance to push them outwards some.

I've added some more pictures of the other sections of the nose that may help you. Please keep in mind I drew this with my finger on my phone so it's not the best, but I'm hoping you can still understand me. Here I'll address each part with pictures;

-The ball of the nose is round and bulbous which is perfectly fine. But I think you need to lower the septum. By lowering the septum you'll help the nose to appear more defined adding more length than width. Here's a picture on a celebrity;

Barbra Streisand is a perfect example of person with an aquiline nose, that is bulbous. Yes, her nose is longer than your Sims, but I just wanted to show you example of what I was talking about. If you see on her nose also the septum is lower it's not tucked underneath the bulb but elongated downwards.

-The sinuses? I don't know what to call this area. I'm not sure if you want the area more straight or tapered. It's my assumption you want more of a softer nose so I'm assuming you would prefer that area to be more tapered. To create more of a soft tapered look, bring sinuses more outward. This may also fix the pointy area between the brows and the nose. It also allows you to still use the nose definition slider, while still creating a softer look in that area. There's actually a slider that I've provided that addresses the specific area, but I don't know the name of it off the top of my head, and I don't have my laptop. However if what you want is the nose to be more straight then I would suggest using the Nose definition slider.

My verdict here is that you need more sliders. Yes, I know I have a problem . Now it appears to me you don't want to have too much CC, so my recommendation would be to access the download link, download the sliders folder in my previous post, and just pick out the nose sliders that aren't available in the lite version.
Here are the sliders that I think you'll need;

Septum height (CC) - Lower the septum
Nose tweak (CC) - Make the ball of the nose more defined
Nostril rotate - Play around with this
Nostril curve - Play around with this
Nose tip rotate - Rotate downwards to lengthen nose

As you can see, it's a combination of features. You can take or leave some. You don't have to do them all, by doing one or few you may fix the issue. And again, it's okay to have the nose bulbous or to have the nostrils more flared, it's just you have to play around with other parts of the nose to make it still appear more aquiline.

Clothes:
-Everyday-
Outfit is great. Perfect shoes!
My only suggestion would be to add more varrying color overal. The skirt should have some color as well. Since you have that green on the top maybe try to incorporate green somewhere else? Otherwise, I would make that patch the same color as the shirt.

-Formal-
I don't think this outfit fits the Uranesian style. Perhaps try something more asian (Chinese, Indian, Middle-eastern) inspired? Also a different shoe. Metal buckles are not a component of the style.

-Sleepwear-
The dress works well , the only recommendation I'd have is to maybe try a different pattern on the bottom portion, and perhaps make the dress a lighter color?

-Athletic-
Great ! I like the texture you used. I'd reccomend changing the pants to a different texture from the shirt.

-Swimwear-
Outfit is great !
One suggestionn, try making the top maybe a lighter beige?

-Overall-
I love the textures you've used (fantastic work with that), great outfit selection, and I like the colors you've chosen for the sigil*. I'd just recommend adding more varrying textures and more color. Perhaps incorporate a littlw of the color sigils colors into some of the clothing(. I'm the first to admit, I'm not that good with color, but I'll post some examples up to demonstrate some variations (and how bad I am ) at a later date.

New Sims:
Beautiful work! As I stated earlier, I think you should finish the young adult before any changes are made to these two. For now, all I'd recommend is there be more genetic diversity between these three Sims. You can have a pair that look similar but the third Sim should have clear genetic differences. The only differences between these three I see are, different eyebrows, and the teen has a different eye color. For one of the Sim's I'd recommend you pick two things or more to change besides hair or eye color. So you can change two or more of the following. The face shape (This means making changes to everything under the head/face? tab; cheekbones, chin, jaw, etc.), the nose, the lips, and/or the eye shape. If you have some Sims laying around in the sims bin, you can try mixing and matching some features through create a baby.

I don't have access to my laptop right now with all my game files, so I can't verify what these four sliders are, but I'll check to see which four sliders these are, and I'll respond to what's what in my later post with pictures,

Of course! And thank you for all your hard work

I made some changes. I completely revamped the nose, increased the distance between her eyebrows, and lowered the eyebrow height.

(I also noticed that decreasing the distance between the eyebrows targeted that area, so I thought I'd show both ways and see which one you like better.)

Here are the wardrobe changes:

Edit: Just realized you mentioned incorporating sigils into the other outfits. Would that include all of them? I could see a way to do so with the athletic wear and maybe sleepwear, but I wouldn't know how to go about putting a sigil in for the formal wear..
Test Subject
#113 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 3:46 AM
@Kylaaab
I’m sorry I’m getting this out to you so late! The good news is I have my laptop. So I can get down to business once again. I will still be updating this post with more pictures.

Now to what you've done here…. Wow ,

Wow wow WOW!!!! I absolutely love the changes you've made :lovestruc!!!!
I have to go into it right away!!

GENETICS
-Eyes-
Thank you for the new shots with her eyes open!
I don't see anything wrong with the eyes. They look good to me. But I do have a request. Could you temporarily remove the eye makeup so I can see the eyes better in proportion to the rest of the face? Please note, that the eye makeup is amazing and I really think it adds to this character. I do NOT want you to get rid of it permanently.

Suggestions:
Temporarily remove the eye makeup until the genetics are complete.

-Eyebrows-
(I) increased the distance between her eyebrows, and lowered the eyebrow height.

Yes, I see a definite improvement!
I also noticed that decreasing the distance between the eyebrows targeted that area, so I thought I'd show both ways and see which one you like better.

My mistake, I'm sorry for recommending you the wrong slider initially!
Since you changed the overall shape of the nose you ended up targeting that area as a result.
Honestly, both versions look great to me. I like the length of the brows when the bridge is wider. But I also like the shape of the bridge when the bridge is more narrow. I guess you could do both? But the real question is which one do you like? You should be the one to decide. Both look good and there’s no weird lines or angles caused by the sliders so now it’s just down to what do you think fits for the face you want to create.

Suggestions:
None!

-Nose-
Now to the crème-de-la-crème.

I made some changes. I completely revamped the nose….

Yes, I see . I tell you what I see, that you did the damn thing. That’s what I see.

Phenomenal work :lovestruc! Just look at that nose?!?!?! BEAUTIFUL JOB! Huge difference! This is an amazing nose! Not only does it look authentic, but you have nailed the type of nose! Fantastic definition, great overall shape. Realistic-looking, as I could see this nose on a real person! Aquiline. Great detail in the nostrils. Beautiful profile.

Suggestions:
Only if you want, play around with the nose definition slider. But really I’m just saying that out the side of my mouth. Honestly it looks good to me I don't think you have to do ANYTHING as it is. I love it, and so should you!

-Face-
Once you temporarily remove the eye makeup, I can better judge the proportions, but I think the face needs to be a smidge higher up. There's nothing really "wrong" with her features on their own. It's just that stylistically the porportions make her appear more like an animated character.

I think proportionally the mouth is too close to the jaw, and the eyes should be higher. I also think there needs to be more space between the mouth and the nose.

Suggestions:
Use Face Height slider to push the entire face slightly upwards. I would do this first before adjusting the distance between the nose and the mouth. And for the distance between the nose and the mouth, you could use either the Mouth Height slider or the Nose Height slider to achieve this. You may even want to use both. It depends on what you want. If you wanted her initially to have a smaller more delicate chin, I would use the Mouth Height slider so that the chin still remains small. However, if you don’t mind her chin size after having shifted her face upwards, then you can use the Nose Height slider to adjust the distance.

CLOTHING
-Everyday-
Now that you’ve added the green to the bottom of the skirt, the green on the top matches perfectly. Great job!! Everything matches well. I really like colors you've used.
This was the outfit I was referring to when I mentioned incorporating more of the sigils colors and I still think you could add more of the sigil’s colors somewhere. You don’t have to use the stripes.

Suggestions:
Maybe add the sigils colors to the belt? Or you could add it to the sash portion of the top? Whichever you think goes better.

-Formal-
I used a more asian dress for formal.

Yes, the dress you chose fits nicely!
Great colors and patterns here. I have to ask what pattern did you use!? It's a really nice pattern. I'm going to start using it.

Suggestions:
None!

-Sleepwear-
I made the top part of the sleepwear lighter, and changed the bottom to a pattern with similar colors to the head cloth.

I love this change! Again, love the colors used here and the pattern! Good job!

Suggestions:
None!

-Athletic-
The top and bottom of the athletic wear were already different texture (the top was from paint, and the bottom was from fabrics), but I changed the bottom texture anyway, but kept it the same color.

I believe you, my mistake! They just looked so similar.
Both textures and colors look great together. I like how the clothing looks old and used. It gives it an authentic feel. As usual, great work here with textures .

Suggestions:
None!

-Swimwear-
The swimwear top is now a lighter beige :}

Again, another change I love!

Suggestions:
None!

-Overall-
I really like all the new clothing items you use as well as the color and pattern changes!
Just realized you mentioned incorporating sigils into the other outfits. Would that include all of them? I could see a way to do so with the athletic wear and maybe sleepwear, but I wouldn't know how to go about putting a sigil in for the formal wear..

No, not at all, you don’t have to include the sigil in all the outfits. I was referring to the Everyday outfit.
As far as where the sigil should be incorporated, I always use it in the Everyday category, and usually use it in the Formal category. But given this family is in the poorer class, it’s perfectly acceptable that the color sigil isn’t incorporated somewhere on their formal wear. If you wanted to, you could, but this is not necessary. Now if they are middle class or wealthy I would try to incorporate those colors somewhere in both categories.

Suggestions:
Try the suggestions in the Everyday wear category. That's it!

Honestly, I’m not sure if you need those examples anymore, as you’ve really done a great job here with the clothing. I don't think you really need much help in that regard. But I will still post them just in case you or somebody else would like references.

Thank you again so much for all your hard work. I cant say it enough, you are doing such a great job! I know that I have asked you to make a lot of changes, and I truly appreciate your patience, skill, and dedication. I can’t wait to see what's next !
Field Researcher
#114 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 3:25 AM
I did the suggestions for the face, and took a picture without the eye paint. I also changed the sigil to make it more noticeable. I decided to go with the thinner eyebrow distance as well. Pictures below :}

(The last picture is the texture I used for the formal dress. It's found in paints and it's the one highlighted.)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#115 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:48 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 19th Jul 2019 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to comment on sliders attached to Ky's Sim download
@Kylaaab
Well damn.

I ain't got shit else to say. You're done. Period.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

I like the distance you've chosen for the brows. It suits the bridge of the nose nicely. The eyes are... Stunning shape, size not too large (thanks for temporarily removing the makeup btw). Pushing the face up just made all your hard work fall into perfect place. Besides that, the proportions all around are very well done, they are more realistic vs animated looking. The eyes line up with the ears realistically. The mouth and eyes are a good distance away from the nose. And you already know what I feel about the nose :lovestruc. Beautiful, beautiful work. The nose is a realstic height on the face,  not too long (a mistake I would often make).

The clothing is cohesive, colorful, and matches her class. And YES, I love the change in color/pattern on her top!!!! Everything goes so well together. I'm still amazed at how well you made the green go with everything.

She's so beautiful. But more importantly looks like a TRUE Uranesian . She absolutely fits lock and step into the world. YOU did that! You've done such a great job. I can't wait to see her where she belongs, in this world !

Now if there are changes that you feel like you still need to make to her, of course, you can do that. That's if you feel like she doesn't look the way you want her to. But on our end here, she is ready for submission, so whenever you feel like you have her the way you want her feel free to submit!

And sorry it took so long to reply. I had to get everyone together to discuss if she's ready for submission, and she is. I really appreciate your patience.

Please feel free now to continue work on the mother and sister.

And thank you for screenshoting the texture!! I actually went through each category and clicked every pattern looking for it and I couldn't find it. You saved me. I'm going to start using it right away .

Oh! And I forgot to say this a while ago! Sorry!
I'm going to add an attachment with (...) the four sliders, aside from the ones you mentioned, that I used. I only downloaded the lite version, so it's possible that some/all of the 4 are included in the non-lite slider pack.

All the sliders you attached here are already in both slider packs, so no worries. Make sure you check your computer so that you have no duplicates! Btw, a good program for this is
Sims 3 Dashboard, by Delphy. It's good for finding if you have any duplicate or even corrupted CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 2:32 PM
I can't really add anything else to Furuu's comment. Great job Kylaab, and thanks again for your help and dedication

Field Researcher
#117 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 10:06 PM
Here's the sim file for the finished one.

I changed the faces and noses of the other two to fit the suggestions for the first sim a bit more. I also made a few changes to the clothing and I'll add those soon.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Uranesian_Sim1.7z (330.3 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#118 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 6:38 AM
@Nilxis
Thank you for your insight. I know you’re out of the country on your vacation and it’s been hard for you to communicate, so I really appreciate that you’re taking time out of your vacation to post.

And I’m glad we both agreed quite easily that Kylaaab's done!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Kylaaab
Thank you for the sim file :lovestruc!
Good work on the new sims! I know you’re still working on posting/updating the clothing. But great job so far!

Overall, I can definitely see the changes you’ve made. And as they are in my opinion, these Sims are very close to be ready for submission. I do however, have a few suggestions. I will go straight into them.

Suggestions:
Temporarily remove the eye makeup until the genetics are complete.

-Makeup-
I think you should change either the color of the eyeliner for both the mother and the daughter, or use a different eyeliner for both. I say this not because I dislike it, but because it’s identical to the young adults. It’s a very distinct eyeliner and color choice. Perhaps each member should have something unique to them?

Suggestions:
Differentiate makeup between the three Sims. If you want to give them all white makeup, that’s okay, but I think you should choose a different eyeliner. Or, you can use the same eyeliner but just use a different color for each sim.

-Eyebrows-
Adult;
The eyebrow selection and thickness are great.

I think the eyebrow should be further down? And there’s something off with the space between the brows. It’s too straight. Almost like she got her brows plucked?

Teen;
Brows look great you don’t have to change anything here.

Suggestions:
Adult;
Use Brow Height slider to lower brows. And either slightly increase the distance by using the Brow Distance Inner slider, or use the Brow Height Inner slider, and lower the inner corner.

Teen;
None!

-Mouth-
For both the adult and teen I think the mouth should be a tad smaller.
It looks like the same mouth as the young adult’s. However I know sometimes some features change dramatically between ages.

Suggestions:
Use the Mouth Width slider to slightly decrease width.

-Face-
I’m going to hold off here because once you temporarily remove the eye makeup, I can better judge the proportions.

Suggestions:
None so far, but I'd recommend checking out this guide for reference in general; https://www.thedrawingsource.com/pr...f-the-face.html. It's very short. Yes, it's referring to drawing , but it's still applicable. I use the same measurement system when working with Sims.

-Overall-
Good job! As I said before, I think both of these Sims are already pretty close to submission ready. You just have to make a few tweaks here and there .

The biggest takeaway is I think you should add more differences between these family members. In particular to the teen. As far as features are concerned, when I’m creating a family, I try to think of each person as what they inherited from each parent. In this case it's a little more difficult, as you have a one-parent household so the father is not there. But were I creating a household with this dynamic, I would still think what features did the father pass on to his daughters.
Here's a example thus far with the two daughters;

Teen
Face shape – Father
Eye shape – Father?
Eye brows – Father?*
Nose – Mother
Lips – Mother
Eye color – Mother
Hair color – Mother
Complexion – Mixture
Body type – Mother?

Young Adult
Face shape – Father
Eye shape – Mother
Eyebrows – Father?*
Nose – Mother
Lips – Mother
Eye color – Mother
Hair color – Mother
Complexion – Mixture?
Body type – Mother?

*I think these two have different eyebrows.

Now if I’m incorrect with some of these, I apologize. It is hard to tell some features between ages. But my point is, I think there should be more genetic diversity with the teen, especially in the face.

Just changing the eyes a little more, or the mouth will make her appear more different. Or even changing the hair color or eye color.

Also I haven’t forgotten about the clothing examples and I’m still working on it. It's just a lot of work. Tbh, I don't think you need any examples, as you're already very good at this. But since I promised to do it, I will continue. Who knows, there may be somebody else in the future who wants to participate.

I did however forget to add this;
Quote: Originally posted by Furufuruu
-The sinuses? I don't know what to call this area. I'm not sure if you want the area more straight or tapered. It's my assumption you want more of a softer nose so I'm assuming you would prefer that area to be more tapered. To create more of a soft tapered look, bring sinuses more outward. This may also fix the pointy area between the brows and the nose. It also allows you to still use the nose definition slider, while still creating a softer look in that area. There's actually a slider that I've provided that addresses the specific area, but I don't know the name of it off the top of my head, and I don't have my laptop.

Nose Mass slider.
Page 5 of 5