Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:49 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:23 AM.
Default Maxis Makeovers- worth uploading?
I have a few Maxis apartment lots that I've moved onto smaller lots, with a minor changes in the common areas, but few changes to the units. I also have Maxis houses I've converted into apartments.

Would people be interested in those? There's not huge design changes from the original lots, so I don't want to take undue credit for moving a Maxis design from a 3X3 to a 2X3, or stacking multiple Maxis houses onto a lot, but I find the lots useful, so I thought I might share.

These are the ones in my game, just to give an idea of what I mean. I have the rowhouses in Pic 4 in 2-unit and 4-unit styles.

EDIT: Here's the before and after for the lots:

Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:06 PM
With Maxis Makeovers it really needs to be a substantial makeover. So if you've converted a house into several apartments that is substantial, changing the lot size is not. Perhaps you'd like to show us here what you've done with before and after pictures too (you'll need those when and if you upload).

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:30 AM
Ok, lot size one is out, but I've updated the first post with the before and after of the Maxis lots.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:15 AM
I don't play apartments myself, so I am not sure that I can contribute much. However, for me, the first lot - I like the porches, would like to see the back, though, and the building is very flat - perhaps a window balcony on every floor could help.

The second one - the original part looks in my opinion too much like the original - I would suggest changing the walls of that one as well. The extra windows look nice. And I would like to see the back.

I think you may have a good start with both lots, but they need some more work if you want to upload them.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:06 AM
Yes, those would be ok for upload. Don't forget to furnish them as per the guidelines tho

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:13 AM
Why does the second floor of the yellow one have different windows than the other floors?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)