Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 12:29 AM
Default Present Harry Potter Roleplay -- Day One -- Applications Still Open!

((I hope that it’s okay since no one has posted an RP Thread in a while …))

Welcome to the first Present Harry Potter Roleplaying Thread!

Of course, with a Harry Potter Roleplaying, there are many rules for a roleplay, so let me explain to you some of the rules of this roleplay.

1. This is NOT a Strategy game (e.g. The Darkness Inside, The Hidden Palace, etc.).
2. Everything refers to the rules http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=41221
3. Make Ups are allowed but I would prefer that there were not too many of them. I want some original characters. The rule is that there is a maximum of 10-15 made ups.
4. ONE CHARACTER EACH. I would think that if we had more than one character for each person then it would be hard for the roleplayer and harder for characters to talk to each other. It does easier this way, face it.
5. Mary or Gary Sues are not tolerated here. If we needed another perfect goodie-two shoes, I’ll say so, but I would rather quit The Sims 2 than say so. Please, we do not need another Fleur Delacour.
6. Making up your own spells and/or saying them non-verbally is strictly forbidden. Only powerful people can do both of those things like Dumbledore and Voldemort. I doubt that teenagers are able to perform these tricks.
7. No character exaggerating. Remus is not gay. Ginny isn’t all that. And for crying out loud, Hermione is NOT goth. Deal with it.
8. Everything is canon. No, Harry and Hermione do not get together. I’m sorry to crush some of your spirits but JK Rowling said so. You can roleplay Ron and Hermione but only subtle hints that can lead up. Don’t put the two making out swapping saliva in a corner of the room. That is just … wow. No Harry Potter character in the universe should do that.
9. Please do not roleplay if you cannot write for your life. I will accept Semi-Literate and above. Poor roleplaying may lead to eviction if necessary.
10. By the way, this is Harry's Sixth Year so that's the basis. Oh, it's also 1996-97 so there are no ELECTRONICS!
11. The plot is basically what follows HBP. Anything can happen at Hogwarts ... watch out for when I throw some events out at Hogwarts.
12. You can RP fives times every 24 hours.
12. More to come soon.

INFORMATION:

HARRY POTTER / SimsArtThat Application
RON WEASLEY / HamsterballApplication
HERMIONE GRANGER / stylequeen Application
GINNY WEASLEY / Gerbera Application
NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM / ambnumber11 Application
LUNA LOVEGOOD / Haylifer Application
PARTAVI PATIL / xoBeautiful_But_Deadlyxo Application
CHO CHANG / ~LadyAshe~ Application
GEORGINA BRIGGS / slytherin-girlApplication
OPHELIA BLACK / littlesunshine123xx Application
DANA SCHERER / supersim Application

GRYFFINDOR QUIDDITCH TEAM

CHASERS: Hermione Granger
BEATERS:
KEEPER: Ron Weasley
SEEKER: Harry Potter

HUFFLEPUFF QUIDDITCH TEAM

CHASERS:
BEATERS:
KEEPER:
SEEKER:

RAVENCLAW QUIIDITCH TEAM

CHASERS:
BEATERS:
KEEPER:
SEEKER:

SLYTHERIN QUIDDITCH TEAM

CHASERS:
BEATERS:
KEEPER:
SEEKER:

COMMENTATOR: Luna Lovegood

At the end of every 24 hours from when I announce the first full week has started, I will announce about everything that has happened throughout the days. Every 3 days is a week at Hogwarts.

Gryffindor
--------------
Ron Weasley
Hermione Granger

Hufflepuff
--------------
* (Boy)
* (Girl)

Ravenclaw
--------------
* (Boy)
* (Girl)

Slytherin
--------------
Draco Malfoy
Georgina Briggs

It is possible I may make a ball for which students take dates. Stay tuned …

Please attach one photo of your character to your first post. Photos may be photoshopped, but it will not count for anything. Just for pretty viewing, I guess.

Quote:
ENTRY :

Name:
Class [if applicable]:
Appearance:
Personality:
Sim Aspiration:
Other:

Have fun at Hogwarts!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 1:01 AM
Default Draco Malfoy-The Evil Dragon
Name: Draco Malfoy

House: Slytherin

Class : N/A

Appearance: Tall and slender, Draco has a pale, sharp-featured face, sleek white-blond hair, and cold, light grey eyes.

Personality: Draco is the only child of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. The Malfoy’s are known to be cruel, sadistic people who enjoy taking pleasure in making the lives of those who they deem unworthy of magic Hell and as such their only heir has grown to be like them.

It hasn’t taken long for him to win the dislike and hatred of the majority of the school student body. He has bullied and threatened a majority of people, including some teachers, to get what he wants and unlike other bullies he does not use physical strength.

Draco is a highly refined person and as such made him a person you would never want to cross. He's a bigot and he's a bully, and as I say, in the most refined sense, he knows exactly what will hurt people and will use it to his advantage.

Draco is thought of as someone who is very capable of compartmentalizing his life and his emotions, and always has done. So he's shut down his pity, enabling him to bully effectively. He's shut down compassion allowing him to be the perfect Death Eater. So he suppresses virtually all of the good side of himself.

Sim Aspiration: Money

Other: Draco is a Latin word meaning "dragon and serpent" it is also the name of a constellation, in this case the constellation Draco.

"Draco" was the first lawgiver of Athens, who enforced a harsh legal code. The English adjective draconian, meaning "cruel", is inherited from him.

Variations on the name "Draco" are also translated to "devil" in some ancient texts. The name is related to "Dracula", which means son of the dragon/devil.

"Malfoy" is derived from Old French "mal foy", which in turn is derived from Latin "mala fide", means "bad faith", or "bad trust" or it could mean a judicial term meaning intentional mischief, ill will or evil intentions.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 11:16 AM
Default Neville Longbottom -- Herbology Lover

Name: Neville Longbottom

House: Gryffindor

Class [if applicable]: N/A

Appearance: Neville has sandy-brownish hair, and it can be messy sometimes. On formal occasions he usually smoothens it so that there's a part going down from his forehead to the other side of his head. He really dislikes his large and crooked teeth and his slight chubiness. Apart from that, Neville also doesn't like his heart shaped head and small feet. Or in dancing terms, two left feet. Of course, he has brown eyes (in the second picture he has blue eyes) and he usually likes to wear a sweatervest or polo shirt when not in Hogwarts uniform.

Personality: One of his infamous qualities is that he tends to forget so much. That's why his grandmother bought him a Rememberall in his First Year. Neville still has one now. Every now and then, he may lose something. For example, Trevor, his pet toad, is almost constantly lost and Neville is left scurring the whole school to find him when he just saves him from being eaten by carnivious plants in Herbology.

Neville's shy personality probably comes from having no parents throughout his childhood since they were tortured by Death Eaters. As an outcome, Neville has no friends except Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley, and sometimes the Trio. Everyone looks down on him as an outcast, a loser, a wimp, an idiot. Even through this, he gives everyone good treatment with a positive look towards life.

Another reason for his shy personality is living with his strict grandmother, Augusta. She is a perfectionist and wants Neville to be like one too and follow in his father's footsteps. Neville is terrified of her and thinks at times how he is so relieved to be away at Hogwarts to avoid her.

Sim Aspiration: Popularity

Other: Has a toad named Trevor

His parents were tortured to madness by Death Eaters at age one.

Gifted in Herbology

((For class, that is for teachers only. Glad to clarify that.))
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 11:28 AM
can i be Hermione please??? i'll be back with my application soon
xx
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 11:47 AM
Name: Ginny Weasley
Appearance: Ginny is a Weasley - red hair!!! She is a pretty girl, has pale skin, light brown eyes and freckles.
Personality: Ginny is intelligent, funny and adventurous. She is quite a gifted witch.
Sim Aspiration: family
Other: Ginny (actually Ginerva) is the youngest child (and only girl) of the Weasley clan. Like all of her family members she is in the house Gryffindor. Ginny likes her brothers a lot, accept for Percy ... Since the first time she saw Harry Potter, the best friend of her brother Ron, she is in love with the famous boy.
In her first year at Hogwarts she was possessed by he-wo-must-not-be-named and nearly died because of that but Harry saved her.
Despite her passion for Harry she has had relationships with Dean Thomas and Michael Corner - but these didn't last very long.

#6 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 1:40 PM

Name: Hermione Granger

Appearance:
Hermione has brown eyes, bushy brown hair but is very pretty. She had her teeth shrunk my Madam Pomfrey to normal size.

Personality:
Hermione's position as one of the most intelligent students in her year, which she works hard to maintain, has also led to frequent teasing, although Harry and Ron do depend on her for academic help, and her knowledge and common sense prove valuable in overcoming the trio's challenges.

Hermione is brave and loyal and has a fierce political conscience; Though in her first year she was confused at crisis situations (when asked to light a fire when trapped in the Devil's Snare, she said "But there's no wood!"), later she became the one to solve those situations (manages to fool Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest, marking the doors at the Department of Mystery).

Although compassionate, she can be a bit awkward when dealing with people, despite her position as the "social soother" in the trio. Hermione is deeply insecure and sometimes feels utterly inadequate. To compensate, she tries to be the best at everything at school, projecting a false confidence that can irritate people. Hermione also tends to irritate people with her apparent sense of moral superiority, which she has tried to force upon others in the past.

Sim Aspiration:
Knowelege/Romance

Other:
Hermione is a Gryffindor student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and is Harry Potter's and Ron Weasley's best friend. She shows considerable academic prowess when compared to her close friends and classmates, but lacks emotional maturity. She consistently responds negatively to Ron baiting her, generally cannot stand either being made a fool of or allowing her friends to be so ridiculed, and has a tendency to flounce off to bed if she is thwarted.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 3:04 PM
Finaly, a Harry Potter RP! I don't think I'll be ableto join (I hate my school), but I will be watching! I just had a question - if this is Harry's 6 year, is the point to play it out like the book was written, or is it made up...?

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 3:20 PM
I'll do it seeing as I'm a scary HP fan. Me and my HP fanclub plan to wear a black armband for college if Harry dies. I just don't know what Luna's sim aspiration would be! It appears Knowledge as she's full of useless facts. I dunno though. A failed popularity one?

Loony Lovegood

Name: Luna Lovegood
House: My house is a very nice house.. I live with my father. He's the editor of The Quibbler. Have you ever read it? It's full of important information the public needs to know. Oh, you mean my house? I see. Well I'm in Ravenclaw, but everyone knows that the house system is all a conspiracy set up by Bluffariggs at the Department of Mysteries.
Appearance: I appear very well, thankyou. Here is a photo of me.

Personality: Some mean people say that I'm weird. Well, most people say that I am weird. But I don't care. Most people haven't even read The Quibbler! Now that's weird if you ask me!
Sim Aspiration: Knowledge
Other: Have you ever used Spectrespecs? I recommend that you do. They could save your life one day. They were free with Issue 45 of The Quibbler. I can maybe get you a pair.. See that cloud over there? It looks just like a Friggleworm... A striking resemblence, to be fair. It must be snowing in Peru.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
What do you mean when you write "Oh, it's also 1996-97 so there are no ELECTRONICS!"?))

What I meant by that is that you can't bring Muggle stuff to Hogwarts like:
  • iPods, MP3s, CD Players, etc.
  • Video Games
  • Rubber Duckies

Oh, and, yes, Ginny is 15.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:06 PM
Gerbera -- The application may need more information, but I guess it's good enough. But it's good to claim Ginny early because I know a lot of people like to play her ... But anyway, I hope we'll have fun RPing!

Stylequeen -- That's an ideal kind of Application! You make Hermione look exciting. I can't wait to see you play her.

Haylifer -- Your application made me laugh. It was really Luna-like, and unique, I must say. I can't wait to see you play her also.

QUIDDITCH UPDATE!

Anybody can sign up for Quidditch Teams by posting here. Remember, only seven to a team.

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Day One will start tomorrow at 5:00 am EST time. Hopefully we will get some more applications in too.

I also may put in Prefects but I'm not sure yet.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:10 PM
Thanks for the answers I'll write more for the application later on, I just didn't have to much time now ...
For the Quidditch teams: do we have to stick to the real teams? However, Ginny would love to be in the team

edit: To make this more clear: Ginny would love to be the seeker of the Gryffindor team but in the case of Harry claiming this position, she'd like to be one of the chasers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
Thanks for the answers I'll write more for the application later on, I just didn't have to much time now ...
For the Quidditch teams: do we have to stick to the real teams? However, Ginny would love to be in the team

Not completely real teams, I mean, Ginny still has to be on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team, but you can put her in any position. :agree:
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:19 PM
Hermione would like to be on the Quidditch Team, maybe a Chaser?? I know Hermione isn't on the real Quidditch Team but I've always thought she would be good!
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:30 PM
Luna'd love to be the commentator ;]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 8:05 PM
Haylifer -- That would be great if Luna was commentator!

Stylequeen -- I guess, we just need more people to join this RP because in order to actually have a Quidditch Match going, we need at least five people on a team ...

Black_Barook! -- You have to show a picture of a real-life and/or Sim Draco.
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 10:09 AM
((I'm sure there will be more people applying, just give it some time Maybe you should "advertise" this rp by putting a link in your signature?!))
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 10:34 AM
I guess, I'll just postpone the first day for a few days.
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 11:58 AM
andrew dont expect to fill up that many places within 24 hours its mad

looks interesting to watch i would enter but im in too many already and i dont know harry potter enough haha lol
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 7:56 PM
Default Ron Weasley | Application
Well, it's not my forte (considering I'm a girl) but I'll be Ron.

Name: Ron Weasley

Class [if applicable]: What do you mean, class? Are you insinuating that some of us are lower class? And some of us are upper class? What sort of human separates other humans into CLASSES? ... Oh. You meant... Classes where you learn... Or teach! Oh. Well, yeah. I'm not a teacher.

Appearance: Oh, don't get me started. First of all, I am one strapping young man - I don't know why Hermione thinks Harry's much better - I mean, just look at that:

How can you look at that handsome dude and even think the word 'unattractive'? I mean, hey, if I were a girl, I'd date me! Well, anyways, I'm sort of tall and thin, and I've got some freckles and well, red hair. It's kind of the trademark of our family.

Personality: Well... I have my moments. Okay, so sometimes I act a little stupid around Hermione. So what? I mean, she acts stupid sometimes, too! She's not always smart, you know. ... Maybe she is. But I mean, really, dating that stupid Cormac McLaggen instead of - well, someone better? What was she thinking? Oh, wait, this uh, this isn't about Hermione. It's about my personality! Well, yeah, like I said, I have my moments. I'm nice... Most of the time. I'm not especially smart, but at least I don't boss the Quidditch team around like a maniac! So, to sum it all up, I uh, I have my moments, and I'm not a total idiot.

Sim Aspiration: Uh... Safety?

Other: Well, since you ask... There's just something about that Hermione that really makes me despise her! I mean, really, just because she's some sort of genius or something, she thinks she can act like a smarty pants all the time? And what kind of girl goes to the Yule Ball with some puffed-up, sullen old Bulgarian Seeker? I mean, really! And who would start some stupid thing called SPEW?! But I guess sometimes she is really nice. And smart. And well, I guess she's sort of gotten a little... Well, attractive. And maybe, well... Okay, I've said too much.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 7:58 PM
Great app Hamsterball
Welcome on board "brother"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:06 PM
Awesome! Welcome aboard Hamsterball! We finally got a Ron ... by the way, nice application. I * * at this comment.

Quote: Originally posted by Hamsterball
I mean, hey, if I were a girl, I'd date me!

I thought we'd get a Harry really quickly because a lot of people love to play him.
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:22 PM
Hermione is deeply...erm...insulted by your comments Ron!! But you did call her attractive :lovestruc:

oh and that Bulgarian seeker is gorgeous!! lol
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:27 PM
ambnumber1, I'm trying to find the number of posts that are expected, and how long this RP is expected to go on. I haven't RP'ed in ages, but I can admit to being a huge Harry Potter fan. ..and there are some great roles still open.....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsArtThat
ambnumber1, I'm trying to find the number of posts that are expected, and how long this RP is expected to go on. I haven't RP'ed in ages, but I can admit to being a huge Harry Potter fan. ..and there are some great roles still open.....

Hmmm ... I guess you're right. For the RP/Strategy rules it says that you can only have 3 posts a day. I am going to say that we can have 5 posts a day.

The roleplay will go on until it really dies out and everyone has to drop out.
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:55 PM
Amb ok. I'll think about it, looks like fun!

Ting, are you? Fascinating.

Page 1 of 14