Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:56 AM
Default Cool new areas you've created?
I was messing around with the game and building new areas and I was wondering what cool things have you guys built?
I just built this arena to replace my training grounds, i'm pretty fond of it so far.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pariah
I was messing around with the game and building new areas and I was wondering what cool things have you guys built?
I just built this arena to replace my training grounds, i'm pretty fond of it so far.

That's really nice, I like that a lot.

I'm looking at your cap, and need to ask...Do swordfighters automatically head to the center part as the only space big enough to fight?
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:04 AM
This is so beautiful! You really did a great job.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 3:22 PM
I've heard somewhere on here that after some quests everything you've created at new areas (beyond the boundaries of the existing buildings) gets reseted to it's original state?
Is this true, should I bother building more? I've made my Town Square a little nicer but I's still like to continue building more...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
That's really nice, I like that a lot.

I'm looking at your cap, and need to ask...Do swordfighters automatically head to the center part as the only space big enough to fight?

I just built it last night, so I'm not absolutely sure, but now that you mention it, it seems logical and I'm going to go try it now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexandra.fairly
This is so beautiful! You really did a great job.

Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by SweetDalilah
I've heard somewhere on here that after some quests everything you've created at new areas (beyond the boundaries of the existing buildings) gets reseted to it's original state?
Is this true, should I bother building more? I've made my Town Square a little nicer but I's still like to continue building more...

I haven't heard that but I hope it's not true
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:29 PM

If you decorate the forest and a quest decorates the forest, then the forest will be reset, all your other changed areas will remain as you made them.
I don't recall the Knight's yard being re-decorated for anything, and I'd imagine it's not, since you can 'legally' decorate that area anyway.
I tend to decorate the doctor/wizard garden as soon as I make one of those heroes, and always forget it resets the garden when you add the second one of those 2 heroes.
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:32 PM
I just built it last night, so I'm not absolutely sure, but now that you mention it, it seems logical and I'm going to go try it now

Please let me know when you find out =)
I'd love to have a working 'arena' type area.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:53 PM
If you decorate the forest and a quest decorates the forest, then the forest will be reset, all your other changed areas will remain as you made them.
I don't recall the Knight's yard being re-decorated for anything, and I'd imagine it's not, since you can 'legally' decorate that area anyway.
I tend to decorate the doctor/wizard garden as soon as I make one of those heroes, and always forget it resets the garden when you add the second one of those 2 heroes.

I won't decorate the forest anyway, but I wonder if town square, the bay and other areas will be reseted. I guess I'll have to see for myself. I'll take screenshots of each place just in case I need to redo them.

Hm, that makes me wonder if I should build anything out of boundaries until I create all my heroes (I only got 2 so far), but then again, god know when I'll have enough resource points to build a new building and a hero :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:57 PM
Please let me know when you find out =)
I'd love to have a working 'arena' type area.

As far as I can tell it does work. When challenging someone to a duel, they move to the interior since it being the most open area. Just to be sure, I added some festivities outside of my arena to make sure that area wouldn't qualify as the open area for the duel, so I included a bard's stage and a little training area that both blend well with the environment.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:58 PM
I won't decorate the forest anyway, but I wonder if town square, the bay and other areas will be reseted. I guess I'll have to see for myself. I'll take screenshots of each place just in case I need to redo them.

Hm, that makes me wonder if I should build anything out of boundaries until I create all my heroes (I only got 2 so far), but then again, god know when I'll have enough resource points to build a new building and a hero :P

Usually after one or two quests you have enough for a building

Also, as for the bay and town square, I know that at least one, maybe more of the Pirates and Nobles quests will redecorate those areas.
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:53 PM

Yes, all quest decorated areas are the same, I used the forest as an example of one possible place.
Scholar
#13 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 8:57 PM
As far as I can tell it does work. When challenging someone to a duel, they move to the interior since it being the most open area. Just to be sure, I added some festivities outside of my arena to make sure that area wouldn't qualify as the open area for the duel, so I included a bard's stage and a little training area that both blend well with the environment.

Awesome. Thank you for posting back with the results, much appreciated.
I might copy your design, if that's ok with you...just for personal use, obviously.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:37 PM
Awesome. Thank you for posting back with the results, much appreciated.
I might copy your design, if that's ok with you...just for personal use, obviously.

Fine by me, i'm happy you enjoy it
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 5:34 PM
This is my Training Yard. Some of you gave me excellent ideas what to do with this space, so thank you.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 6:48 PM
Great idea:
The pit of despair
Reminds me of the game Barbarian from the AMIGA time
Field Researcher
#17 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 9:51 PM
I don't bother with 'em, since they'll get destroyed when I start a quest that uses that lot.
Scholar
#18 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexandra.fairly
This is my Training Yard. Some of you gave me excellent ideas what to do with this space, so thank you.

Your little garden with the mermaid statue is similar to what I did outside the Doctor's in my current kingdom.

I think the mermaid is my fave statue in the game.
Screenshots
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
I don't bother with 'em, since they'll get destroyed when I start a quest that uses that lot.

I don't mind starting again. Gives me a chance to re-decorate the area again in a different way. The only one I'd be sad to lose is the Doctor/Wizard garden I mentioned above.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 4:21 AM
some times if you use the finished mode the town square is furnished.to save it you have to hold down shift key and buy on lot buy an item and done that should do the trick, some quest will reset the lots.in my case the Forrest was reset with proxies.to fix this you will need the buy debug mod http://www6.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701 this area lists the linkd, as for ricks debuger mod it is down,so try twallans verson instead at http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ it seems to work for me a little, if you play around with his mods there might be some that is compatible.if the game loads then it is most likely to work, to disable a package file rename it,add .bak
this is a bak file. if you have the debug file it is not likely to reset, but so far with twallans debug mod the town gets furnished when you furnished the castle right at the start of the game.
rick verson is what you want but so far with twalans verson it did not reset.yes it dose work as i am useing it right now.
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 4:23 AM
ahh finished = furnished sorry.typo.ummmm anyone got a typo away spray on hand?*lol*or a typo killer mace?