Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 7:53 PM
Default I Really Wish They'd Do A Sequel!
Hey,

I was recently found this game+ expansion cheap in a second hand store and I have to say I quite like it, however it does have obvious flaws (not being able to build your own buildings, no aging, no custom quests...) that, I am sure, have been debated to death in this forum.

Now, with stuff like Game of Thrones being so popular, would it not be awesome if they'd release a sort of sequel that addresses those flaws? My idea would be sort of a little "game of thrones" simulator where you play one noble family in a larger kingdom. In my idea the family's castle/lands (which you can build yourself) would be their "lot" and the kingdom would be the "neighborhood". You could scheme, spread your influence and even make a bid for the throne all the while managing the day to day needs of your household. Maybe there would be less focus on quests and more on the simulation part. I would really like that. Quests could be reserved for special occasions like going to war with another family or arranging a marriage (after all, with your Sims aging you need an heir!)

I know its very unlikely with the game being largely forgotten, but I think it would be neat! What do other people think?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 9:29 PM
I agree with you. At least to some degree anyway.
Would be nice with a sequel if they change the format a little bit, but not completely.

I'm not sure that a 'Game of Thrones' theme would work well though. Movie/Series-inspired games never seems to be all that great.

However, even hoping for a thing like this is insanity, as it's not going to happen. Not ever.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 1:42 AM
Oh sorry, I didn't meant it to be Game of Thrones: The Sims Game, I don't even know if EA games could get the license for that. I meant it sort of like Game of Thrones/SOIAF i.e. based on noble families that grasp for power, so social interactions like in the Sims on grander scale (so your heir could be best friends with the son from another family while on a grander scale your family/house and theirs are actually bitter rivals) Of course this being a Sims game there could always be references to it and other fantasy works i.e. rumors about a girl across the sea who, accompanied by three dire chinchillas, vows to take back the throne of the Sim Realm or the option to decorate your throne room with a "Throne of Forks", or Elf province where the people live in tree houses in giant trees and are led by a fortune telling Queen, stuff like that.

But yeah, never gonna happen, -_-
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 8:15 PM
NOOOOOOOO WAY! That is why I like the Sims Medieval, and not the Sim 3, or Sims 2, because the game DOES focus on the quests and family/relationship aspect of Medieval livelihood. Your scenario of a sequel to TSM sounds like no more different than a Shooter style game, like Civilization Strategy, and I see 100's of games like that all the time, maybe 4 to 6 new ones some days....but what other game is like the Sims Medieval and Pirates and Nobles? NONE!
Another reason I love this game because it found a way for a player to play with all the other aspects of wartime (regular life) during a wartime period, and in a personal sim to sim basis, not as some dictator looking down upon mini sized RPG forms more like cartoon rejects than human beings, simply pointing to a spot of land for the multi populous to hammer their way in a cloudy dust to a new grass and mud hut for 15 or more peasants the Lord will never speak to let alone tell the difference between one peasant to another since in most strategy RPG's every character looks identical.

I have never played any game for 3 years almost everyday, but perhaps 4 of them, except for one. This one TSMP&N. I would have this game no other way than the game genre it is, except that is would contain less errors, or no problems in game play.

I think perhaps there are already medieval style games out there such as you describe. I don't want to play those. I would have been already if I thought they were any good.

Thanks for sharing though. It is when we share our ideas and thoughts that new creations later get born. Just lay off me Sims Medieval! LMAO!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 10:19 PM
Don't worry, Xeny, I'm not going to lay a finger on your Sims Med (Or am I gonna? You better lock your door Mwahahahaha!) No seriously its great that you love the game and I would never dream of spoiling your fun, but even if my sequel would get made (which it won't) it would in no way harm the original,just like Sims 3 did not destroy Sims 2. And I also think you misunderstood a bit what exactly I want (fon't worry happens with me a lot, I suck at explaining things online ;-P)

Yes Pirates and Nobles with its war scenario was really good and that's exactly how I'd wish the "you go to war with rival dukedom/family" quest in my dream sequel. And, in my opinion Sim Med did not nearly focus enough on the medieval family interaction and I'd actually like more of it in my proposed sequel, so you'd really play the noble family as they live and die just like you do a family in Sims 2/3. In those games you mention (if we mean the same) the "royal family" is little more than a collection of portraits and resources to be bartered, but in my proposal you'd have the kingdom like in Sims Medieval (only more customizable and would be called a "duchy") and instead of one hero, you'd play the whole royal family at once and the different members could specialize in skills like Knighthood, Espionage or Bardic Music and you'd play them through their whole day-to-day lives while also managing their political affairs (through quests) The other territories (Crafthole, Effenmort, Arrbyville) would be replaced by other fully playable duchies that you could change to if you wanted (like the families in a sims 2/3 neighborhood) If anything, my idea would make the noble family's territory even more "alive" and personal to the player than the current Sim kingdom is because the retainers and servants, while NPC, would belong with the family, could still be interacted with and would need to be protected against invasions (perhaps you'd even be able to pick them by hiring them from a pool of NPCs)
And I don't want to take away quests completely, just make them more special by not making them the norm, but the exceptions of the norm, there would still be stuff like fighting/pacifying/romancing dragons or helping out your retainers but more rarely and intermixed with longer war quests and "marry off your heirs" quests (which I imagine somewhat like the marry the Elf heir quest or the "the kingdom needs an heir" quests) and possibly the option to just ignore the quest and do yourown thing if you wish so. Basically Sims Medieval as we have it now but with the option to build your own castles, more Sims 2/3 style play, aging and changing Sims and a whole kingdom of duchies.
How does that sound? :-)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 8:34 AM
Wouldn't mind a sequel if it were actually a Sims game, and not a basic RPG...

I mean, the quests and stuff are fine, but it is THE SIMS after all -.-'
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Wouldn't mind a sequel if it were actually a Sims game, and not a basic RPG...

I mean, the quests and stuff are fine, but it is THE SIMS after all -.-'

Exactly! That is precisely where Sims Medieval failed in my opinion. It was a (VERY basic, very limited) Western RPG, not a Sims game.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 6:15 PM
I can't help but think that EA will make another installment of TSM, but with the TS4 engine
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Hey,

I was recently found this game+ expansion cheap in a second hand store and I have to say I quite like it, however it does have obvious flaws (not being able to build your own buildings, no aging, no custom quests...) that, I am sure, have been debated to death in this forum.

Now, with stuff like Game of Thrones being so popular, would it not be awesome if they'd release a sort of sequel that addresses those flaws? My idea would be sort of a little "game of thrones" simulator where you play one noble family in a larger kingdom. In my idea the family's castle/lands (which you can build yourself) would be their "lot" and the kingdom would be the "neighborhood". You could scheme, spread your influence and even make a bid for the throne all the while managing the day to day needs of your household. Maybe there would be less focus on quests and more on the simulation part. I would really like that. Quests could be reserved for special occasions like going to war with another family or arranging a marriage (after all, with your Sims aging you need an heir!)

I know its very unlikely with the game being largely forgotten, but I think it would be neat! What do other people think?

totally agree with you on this, the sims medieval is a game (in my opinion) that has great potential and if the talented creators and modders that are around would support and do stuff for the game it would be great, eventhough EA has seemed to have abondoned this game it would be great if some of the sims modding sites such as this one and the other legitimate ones around would support the game by having a section for the TSM game as they do for sims2 and sims3. :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th May 2014 at 7:43 PM
Ey,

I know this thread is old, but I had an idea about how Castles could work:
Basically I think there would be 3 problems with a proper, self built castle: 1) the size of the lot (performance issues) 2) You need specific rooms for specific quests 3) you need rooms for the specializations of your family members (training yard for you knight heir etc.)
So I thought that the castle could be built by the player in pieces, each with their own lot that get loaded whenever the active Sim is in the part of the castle, just like at the moment the castle is split (throne room, knight's tower, festival hall and spy's quarters) And you could designate functions to the pieces (like choosing whether a newly placed part would be the courtyard, living quarters of a specific sim or the feasting hall etc) I think that would solve all the problems.

Also: How fun would it be to have one of your Lord/Lady's daughters or sisters train as a spy and then assassinate the head of a rival dukedom by posing as one of her ladies-in-waiting and then poisoning her?