Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 4:27 PM
Default Can someone help me make a profile picture?
I have no idea how to make a profile picture for here, it has to be 100x100 pixles or something, but I have pictures which are that actual size but this site still won't let me upload a picture. Any help?

By the way, I am the least 'technical' person that you would ever meet so no computer speak please
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 4:52 PM
If you upload the picture here at the bottom when you post, perhaps someone might help you out?
Theorist
#3 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 5:03 PM
Maybe the file size is too big? And yes, uploading the picture would help.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 5:07 PM
100 by 100 pixels and 64.0 KB - yours might be larger than 64 kb if it's not working.
JPG and PNG should work fine, but other formats might not work (and tend to be larger).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 6:16 PM
You mean an avatar, right? That's the picture that appears above your name when you make a post- a profile picture is the banner that appears above creations for people who have gotten site awards- not everyone can have a profile picture, but so long as you've made enough posts (five, right?) you can have an avatar- it's 90x90 for most members, and you can add one in the "settings and options" tab in the "edit my profile" part of your member page.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 6:08 PM
Yes, I still get confused by it, because when I click on "properties" of a pic (that I've put on my desktop) it will say 100X100 pixels, and well under the max...but if I try to post will be told it's too big...so there is some conflict of measurement I don't understand. So I reduce the size till it IS accepted..which is NOW too small. And I WANT to post from photo bucket, but can't figure out how to put them somewhere as actual pictures, not LINKS to photobucket.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 6:19 PM
In Photoshop (and probably several other programs) you can reduce the file size in several ways without changing the picture size. Just by reducing from high quality JPG to medium quality, the file size will go down a lot. For a tiny picture you won't notice a big difference.
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I used this: https://transloadit.com/demos/image...lation/cropping
But that was a while ago, so I'm not sure if it still does the same thing?
#9 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smoogie
I have no idea how to make a profile picture for here, it has to be 100x100 pixles or something, but I have pictures which are that actual size but this site still won't let me upload a picture. Any help?

By the way, I am the least 'technical' person that you would ever meet so no computer speak please

If you are having difficulties, you could upload the picture here and I'd make you an avatar, and post the finished one here for you to download, if you want.

As someone said it has to be 100x100 and less than 64.0 KB in file size, so that could be your problem.

You can upload an image by using the controls here, they are visible when you start a new post - just scroll down until you see it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
If you are having difficulties, you could upload the picture here and I'd make you an avatar, and post the finished one here for you to download, if you want.

As someone said it has to be 100x100 and less than 64.0 KB in file size, so that could be your problem.

You can upload an image by using the controls here, they are visible when you start a new post - just scroll down until you see it.

Thanks for the replies

I will share a picture that I want used here
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 9:14 PM
I've resized the Image for you, Maybe this will help

ETA:
Oops, sorry didn't realise TO was going to do it, oh well
Attached Images

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
I've resized the Image for you, Maybe this will help

ETA:
Oops, sorry didn't realise TO was going to do it, oh well

Thanks it works now
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 6:01 AM
No, I can't. I tried to change mine. not working

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 8:51 AM
@grammapat - do you get an error at all?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 8:59 AM
Simsample, that is the weirdest title of all.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
#16 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Simsample, that is the weirdest title of all.

His title won't compute on my calculator.

I rather liked the Klingon better.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 2:18 PM
His title/degree is beyond us. We are humbled.
And I will resubmit my avatar change. crap "image too large" and I've used it before. don't feel like bothering, we are stuck with the catnip? eating cat

Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 5:39 AM
Eh...you can make the image smaller in a paint program. One of the resizing options shrinks it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Eh...you can make the image smaller in a paint program. One of the resizing options shrinks it.

I have photo bucket, but once I drag a pic there, I can't access it, or put it anywhere where I can access it. So I always just drag or copy an image to desk top, then rt click and edit. The problem with that is that if I look at properties it says something like 90X95 pixels, but if I try to put that as an avatar it's NOT that size, it's too big. And if I change the size (and save) it doesn't USUALLY change the property size anyway.

Theorist
#20 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 7:17 AM
So don't use photobucket?