Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:10 PM
The Sims 3 VS Boot Camp (MAC)
I recently installed Windows on my Macbook Pro because my friend told me games run much more smoothly on windows. I was really pissed when I installed Sims 3 (base game) and found out it still lagged.

I have the new 2011 Macbook Pro:
2.0GHz quad-core
Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz
500GB 5400-rpm1
Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB GDDR5

My Mac meets the requirements so the game should run just fine. Please, help me!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 5:23 AM
What do you need help with? How to install Bootcamp? How to install Sims 3 on the Windows partition?
What is the Technical Computer Hardware issue here, that you need?

Ensure you're using the Radeon HD 6490 when you load the game, because the Intel HD is not supported.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:11 PM
I just want to know why it lagges. My macbook pro is pretty good and it meets all the requirements. How can I ensure it uses the better graphic card, I'm a mac user so I have no idea how to use windows.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:16 PM
If it is not a hardware question, and a Sims 3 game technical question, please head on over to the Game Help section. Links can be found under the Help menu and on every header of each wiki page for the Sims 3.

There's is also a stickied thread, with Wiki link that answer this question on there. Here, for your convenience Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki.
If those suggestions don't work then, please post in the Sims 3 OS X Help forum with all the things that you've tried and what happened if they don't work, and what world you're playing in.
Good Luck!

Thread locked.