Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 11:22 AM Last edited by billielith : 13th Jan 2014 at 2:07 AM.
Default My special 'Birdman' face sculpts get destroyed along the generations! :/
Hi, how are you today?

I've been starting to re-work on the set of Birdmen sims I had been starting to prepare a few years ago, and I've hit a problem. It would be awesome if someone could help me get around it.

I've made a face that is very deformed to look like a person with the head of a bird. I had to deform the nose/mouth area very much to get to something that would look like a bird's beak. And it works! Without a proper feathered skintone, it is rather disturbing to look at, lol. (I joined an example, lol)

Problem is, along the generations, I lose my deformation. Maxis' normal in-game tool to breed kids tends to modify some parts (mostly my beak parts) with nobody in the generations justifying this. A pair of Birdmen gives an offspring with a nose/mouth that slightly slips towards a 'normal sim' shape. Not just on the kids, this stays with the sim when he/she is an adult. And if I use the 'dad' from this first pair with his offspring - to get a 3rd generation - the beak gets deformed even further towards a 'human' face.

Please view the pictures, you'll see what I mean.

I was wondering what the solution could be. A little while ago, I have seen someone posting sims with semi-animal face-templates, I don't know if this would solve the problem - but I have attempted to create a face-template out of my bird faces and honestly, working on face-templates is beyond me, lol. I don't understand any of what's in the off-MTS tutorial this person followed to create their own special face-templates.

I was wondering if there was another way to force the Maxis breeding tool to keep my face sculpts intact along the generations. I was thinking maybe one of you knows a one-line-of-code way to do this. :P

Thanks for reading - suggest solutions please, I'll try anything! I can post more pictures if necessary.
Good day to you.

Screenshots

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 2:21 AM Last edited by billielith : 14th Jan 2014 at 2:48 AM.
I have another question.
I was wondering what makes zombies and servos not breedable? I don't think it's possible to affect how the core Maxis breeding tool works, so maybe I could make one sim for each age as a template that people can customize, but make these sims "never age" and/or "non-breedable" like zombies or servos.

I'll try and look into it in SimPE, I suppose a sim is a workable/clonable file? I wanna try. I'll update this as I go. - if anyone has feedback or suggestions, please tell!

If mods believe this thread goes somewhere else, feel free to move it.

Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 4:16 PM
There IS a mod that allows zombie babies, and one that allows them to age and die. Have you tried "face blending off"? I have some very alien creations, and as long as I don't interbreed with other sims, their faces stay true.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 2:54 AM
CAS mess with my faces even bird-to-bird.
I have not tried "face blending off" though, it seems like a great idea, Thanks!! I'll try it and give you feedback!

As I was looking for more info online about "face blending off", apparently children born from sims with wild faces will blend off in CAS but not in-game, so I'll test that too.

Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by billielith
CAS mess with my faces even bird-to-bird.
I have not tried "face blending off" though, it seems like a great idea, Thanks!! I'll try it and give you feedback!

As I was looking for more info online about "face blending off", apparently children born from sims with wild faces will blend off in CAS but not in-game, so I'll test that too.

ik this is an old post but, can you release some bird skintones mods, since there are none for the sims 2.
like i have been searching for some bird skintones and there are not any. Ive tried making them myself, but i failed horribly.
if you do this that will be awesome.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 9:49 PM
Something's brewing and they might be available soon.

For today, I made an outfit for Amon, but more might be coming for both Amon and Balbaroy.

Screenshots