Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 5:04 AM
Default Can I install multiple Sims2Pack files at once?
I have a small problem: I would like to be able to install 1,798 Sims2Pack files. They are all in the same folder, but your program doesn't seem to be able to install more than one at a time. I checked the FAQ and looked around the forums and the best answer I could find was this in the FAQ:

"What you have to do is go to your S2PCI folder and open S2PCI.ini file with notepad. Now find a line which says "AutoInstallLotFiles=False" (which shouldnt be difficult and change it to "AutoInstallLotFiles=True". Be warned though ! Files installed that way are not checked so you can install some hacks into your game. If you're not sure if you want to do not enable this option."

I followed these directions, but I guess a Lot doesn't mean more than one pack. I tried right clicking on a few and selecting open, but that only results in multiple boxes.

I already know that I want to install all of these files as I have done so before in a previous installation. I just don't have the time to manually install each and every one of them. It's horribly tedious. I guess I was just hoping there would be some way to tell the to install them all at once. Is there any way to do that? Or any plans to implement such a feature? Or any workarounds I can try?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 6:32 AM
Never mind. I found out that another program here:

http://freya.modthesims2.com/downlo...5#startcomments

Did exactly what I needed it to do. Now I can just keep all my backups as .Package files and never have to worry about tedious installs again... Still, that program has some bugs. It would be nice if your program could also have such a feature.
Site Helper
#3 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 7:05 AM
My program does have such a feature, but it only works for 32-bit systems because of a restriction in 64-bit systems. In the Windows Explorer, right click on the folder that you want to install. There's a context menu item labeled "Install all". You'll also need the AutoInstallLotFiles ini change.