Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#126 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:53 PM
Awesome, thanks to you both! I was pretty sure, but I just couldn't remember.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Fyendiar : 17th Jul 2010 at 4:29 PM.
I usually don't join contests, but this time I just couldn't stop myself! So here goes, I hope you like it:

Greetings, it will be my pleasure to show you your future home.

Ah I see you have found a place to park your car already! Welcome to Summer's Breeze, a small yet luxurious abode with a great view of the landscape. Don't mind the croc, he is quite harmless. As you can see this place has a small terras to enjoy watching all those people that will pass by the house time and time again wishing they could have afforded it instead of you! Remember to give them a gentle smile when they walk by, so please keep the muhahaha's silent. It is a nice and friendly neighbourhood after all.

Do you enjoy a swim on a hot day, watch the stars at night or do you prefer to just sit back and enjoy the view? This place has it all! Once a month we will send people over to clean the pool and watch the plants. I know it costs you a penny extra, but trust me, you are worth it!

The Layout of the house is set up for ease of use. As you can see you won't get lost trying to find your bathroom in those moments of urgency!

Ahh, you are the sit back and relax type of person I see. Well you can enjoy that here for sure. Also you don't have to worry about any peeking toms since the bedroom is safely located at the back of the house!

A luxurious living room to sit back and enjoy a good movie or book. The windows allow for a summer ambience even in wintertime, just remember to keep the blinds up partly so you won't miss the looks of envy from those passing by...

The place to...ehm....well.. okay we go on to the next room! *blushes*

Don't let the size of the bathroom fool you, it feels much bigger when you are sitting in the tub!

The kitchen is a natural cook's dream come true! Enough room to cook a meal fit for a king. Hmm? Not a natural cook? Well, it is perfect to enjoy a warm pizza as well, the delivery service is remarkable in this neighbourhood!

*looks at his watch*

This ends the tour for today, I hope you have enjoyed it. So... *gets some papers from his briefcase*...will you be signing these now or shall we pretend you aren't dying to live here and wait a few days first?

edit:
Cheats used: moveobjects on, testingcheatsenabled and buydebug.
Custom content: none
Items recolored: I think every single item that has the option to recolor has been recolored.
Field Researcher
#128 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:43 PM Last edited by sandymdh : 17th Jul 2010 at 4:51 PM. Reason: addition
Default My First Ever Competition Entry
When Verity inherited this seafront home from her Grandfather she didn't realise the history that came with it. Her great grandfather was George Longbeard the infamous Sunset Valley pirate and this had been the home where he had entertained his pirate friends, traded with acquaintances and held off enemy pirate attacks. Verity overhauled the house keeping the colonial structure but changing the colours from a dirty wood throughout to clean blues and whites but even though it barely looks like the same house she swears that on breezy summer evening you can still hear pirate voices on the wind as if they are still playing cards on the verandah.

OOps - forgot to mention it has no CC and as others have given the homes titles I shall go with 'Longbeard's Legacy'
Test Subject
#129 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
Default Round 1 Entry
Dear administrator,

In this quick reply, I have enter the required images you ordered for the competition. Please reply to me by an e-mail telling me that I have successfully entered my-self into this competition.

Thank You,

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lot Discription:

Value: Furnished - $184,359 Unfurnished - $102,948 [NO CC]

I am not the best designer or creator in the world and I know my design below is weak but this is the first time I ever entered a competition like this. So forgive me for my bad design, but i'm sure you will survive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overview + Roof:

Overview:

Living Room:

Dinning Room:

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

Bathroom:

Office:

Pool View:

Lab Assistant
#130 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:20 PM
I was wondering.... Im not gonna be able to use my computer from the 18th to the 25... will I still be able to enter the 2nd round?
Test Subject
#131 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
Default Round 1
Modern Villa

Such a beautiful house, eh? It was given to me by my great grand mother. She loved Florida, and she built this house here in Tampa, near the beach.

It has such a lovely floorplan. Of course, I did some refurbishing.

The Living Room is beautiful and has a lovely view of the backyard!

The kitchen has all modern appliances as well as safety features.

The bedroom has been modernized for your teen daughter!

The pool is absolutely gorgeous!

The unnattached bedroom can be used for the parents.

A cute bathroom!
No CC
Furnished $ 145,382
Typical
#132 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 6:01 PM
Finally finished my lot! Well, it's a beach lot and is situated right next to the 'Sea of SimFish Not-Lands'.
It has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a beach, a bathroom. The kitchen features some sit-at counters.
This was also built with no CC and with Ambitions installed!
(The first 5 pics attatched are the required pics, the next 3 are the extras).
Test Subject
#133 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM
Default Entry
Here we have a beautiful modern beach front home. The house was built by Taylor Hammer. She was brought up in Sunset Valley where she would spend her days playing on the beach with her friends, but her father was sent to Germany to work when she was still a young child, so the whole family up sticks and left with him. Taylor had always dreamed that one day she would be able to return to Sunset Valley. She worked hard at school and uni and finally passed her studies. She drew up the plans for her home, and got the best builders around to make her, her new home. Somewhere she could settle down, find a husband and make a family of her own.

Forum Resident
#134 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:35 PM
Default Contest Entry
The Pearl

Built in June of 1862, by the affluent couple, Baron Marcus and Rodmilla Simrood, The Pearl had stood as an testament to the era. Nary a day did pass that the Simrood's didn't host an opulent party within the grand halls. Laughter and music rang across the walls and slippered feet danced across the floor in merriment. For over two years, the Simrood's reigned in their lavish estate. But then, in a rather cruel twist of fate, the Baron, a heavy gambler, bet the Pearl and all of its surrounding land during a game of cards. Needless to say, the Baron was not the greatest player.

Having to say goodbye, the Simrood's left in shame, vanishing from all records after that time. The new owner reveled in owning the home, but it was not long before he began to fall upon hard times. In a desperate bid to stay, he sold the surrounding land, piece by piece. But even then, it was not enough, and the new owner was also forced to leave the Pearl. For over 60 years, it came to pass that each successive owner would also fall upon hard times within a few years of purchasing the dwindled estate, and be forced to leave. The Pearl came to be known as bad luck and no one dared to enter. For the next 80 years, the home deteriorated, the walls and foundation crumbling and rotting until what was left was merely a small amount of what it had once been. Not a Sim could pass by without a shiver racing up their spine.

A few years ago, the McSimpless' came to town. A family with some bizarre quirks and an interest in the rich local history, they immediately fell in love upon sighting the ruins of the Pearl. Impulsively buying what little remained, they took it upon themselves to gut what could not be salvaged. All that remained was an eclectic foundation, a few walls, and a mossy fountain in what used to be the back courtyard. Deciding not to completely restore the old home, since that would be too boring, the McSimpless' instead built upon the old foundation a home that housed their style. And they decided to fix the fountain while they were at it. After all, how many Sims had a fountain in their backyard? The McSimpless' preened with pride.

While the Sims in town look upon their new home with barely contained disgust, for it's most certainly not the prettiest home, and the decor upon the inside is somewhat strange and hodgepodge like, the McSimpless' are quite happy with how it turned out, up to and including the new turret they impulsively decided to add on half way through the building stage. This is, after all, their home that reflects them. As a side note, so far, the McSimpless' have not fallen upon hard times.

Street View

--------------

Lot Description

This home contains:
  • 3 bedrooms
  • 3 full bathrooms
  • A living room with connecting bathroom
  • A kitchen with connecting dining room
  • A study
  • Separate laundry room
  • Ecletic landscaping
  • Outside eating area
  • Outside entertainment pavilion
  • Old, refurbished fountain

Pictures:

Living Room

Kitchen

Spare Bedroom for the Eldest Son

Floor Plans

Level 1

Level 2

Bonus!

Backyard!

Hallway!

Study!

This house is worth $73,879 unfurnished and $161,293 furnished. No Sims were harmed in the building of this home and there is absolutely no custom content. Content from all expansion packs and stuff pack have been used.
Test Subject
#135 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:48 PM
Are we allowed to show sims in our pictures??
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freakyfrizz13
Are we allowed to show sims in our pictures??

It seems it is allowed.

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Linen - You are welcome to have sims on the lot and include them in any way you see fit. It's not disallowed and if that works for you - whether you just want them there to make pics easier or if they're taking us on a guided tour, or whatever, that's your choice and you're welcome to do so.
Test Subject
#137 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:21 PM
ill try this out
#138 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:39 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 18th Jul 2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: tarting up
Default Zanzibar House
Zanzibar House - No CC used.
Welcome to Zanzibar House, the home of a Victorian Renaissance man Oliver Zanzibar O'Neill; explorer, anatomist and gentleman.
The unenlightened (ie., those pesky Landgraabs) call anatomists 'body snatchers' but it never pays to dwell on that sort of thing ... Oliver inherited Zanzibar quite by chance - he was the 'spare' not the heir. A close encounter with a dodgy serving of Fruit Cobbler saw the early demise of Oliver's elder brother Sebastian - or at least that's the public story - what really happened? Who knows .. However, Oliver does not let himself forget his fortune - he keeps Sebastian's skeleton on display in the study - lest he should forget where his good life came from - and it also displays his anatomist skills to his amazed visitors.

Oliver's home is decorated with the treasures of his exploring - his brother's legacy paid for that too.

Floor Plans for Ground, 1st and 2nd floors

Ground Floor
Entrance hall, Kitchen and study

1st Floor
Dining Room, Sitting Room/Drawing Room, 'Indoor Convieniences' and Log Store for upstairs fires.

Top Floor
Master Bedroom, Servants Quarters, more 'Indoor Convieniences'!

Oliver's Living Room, or as he prefers to call it - Drawing Room.

Oliver's lovelyBedroom, complete with his own tub!

The kitchen - Oliver employs three servants to take care of Zanzibar - they love working for him and often boast to their friends that 'unlike some households in Sunset Valley' they get a 'bed each, every third Sunday off and all the garden fresh onions they can eat' ... Extravagances unheard of in Sunset Valley domestic help quarters, I can tell you ..

Finally my bonus pics...
1 The Dining Room
Oliver entertains in grand style - very often his guests never, ever leave! This has its upsides, as it keeps the local Constabulary very busy indeed ...

2 The Imposing entrance Hall at Zanzibar House
Not much to say about this really, apart from 'Oooooh! Love the wallpaper!'

3 Oliver's Study - Also please note the stuffed and mounted remains of Oliver's pet raven Mr NeverMore .. his only childhood friend .. *sniffle .. * Also on the desk you may notice some 'potions', be assured they are harmless 'invigorating tonics' and nothing more ...
Test Subject
#139 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:26 PM
i will join too!

h2ogirlz127
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Waterstar : 18th Jul 2010 at 7:51 PM. Reason: Forgot something x2
Default Terrible Title Alert: Warm Red Foundation
New edit: NO CC
ENTRY GO'S HERE:
Gawd I'm bad at titles. This is my R1 Entry: Warm Red Foundation. Basically it's a warm colored themed 2 story house with a few ideas from my actual house, like the outside walls (part brick, part siding thing) A cement porch with out railing, the deck, the outdoor lighting... that's the ideas from my real house (Which looks nothing like this :/ ). BTW, BASE GAME ONLY (I only have the base :/ )

Seeing how I'm scored from a description, I made extremely quick a little story. I wonder how it turns out

In the town of Riverview (Well... before that), a small ranch once stood alone on a really empty street. Not long after more homes built up and then Riverview was named... er, Riverview. A terrible storm blew in one day and a tornado suddenly formed. Because this isn't a tornado prone area (and no one near Riverview never seen a real tornado). Riverview was like... uh... Greensburg... Only a few foundations were left (And a few lucky homes farther away from the tornado. The first homes to go up were the ones left with the foundations. Strangely, even though everyone knew this was the first house here, it was 3rd to be rebuilt (And not even tornado safe ) It was given a terrible name "Warm Red Foundation" and everyone lived happily ever after... The end?

*Nervous cough* ... Here it is...

Front + a bit of the left

Back Yard

Kitchen

TV/reading/Gathering area

Ran into problems with taking a good picture in there, so I went to the window for help. Think that a sim is on a ladder plz O_o

Main Bath, ran into problems there too and the windows isnt in a good spot for pictures.

If I need to, I'll redo the pictures. Tell me if their ok plz
I have used the edit thing to change some textures and colors, that's it. Does that count as CC?
Test Subject
#141 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM Last edited by cherios : 18th Jul 2010 at 4:49 AM.
Default Sunnybrook Estate
Welcome to Sunnybrook Estate, a bright and open family home. I build constantly for my own fun so thought I would enter this contest to have some purpose behind my building. This is a two bedroom family home with no custom content.

Exterior View

Lower Level Floor Plan

Upper Level Floor Plan

Kitchen

Upper Family Room

Living Room

Dining Room

Powder Room

Car Port

Thanks for looking - this was fun!
Alchemist
#142 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:43 AM
am I too late to entry? I wanna give it a try

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#143 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 1:21 AM
cherios, I think you've got a couple of links wrong - your bedroom seems to be a kitchen, and you've got the upper family room twice.

Zandvoort, yup, there's still time and still plenty of places.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:25 AM
54 Gardenia Lane
This is a two story family styled home that features a walk up porch in front as well as a porch in back with sliding glass doors, brick and siding facade. Lovely landscaping throughout the lot including a pool and home garden along with a play area for children.

There is a slight country feel with the wooden counter tops and painted cabinets in the kitchen that carries into the dining room as well as the living room, with creamy yellows and bright greens. Main level laundry as well as a full bathroom downstairs. The upstairs landing offers a quiet reading space, while the master bedroom is spacious offering its own private bathroom. The nursery is cozy but with plenty of space for a still growing child.

Street View

Level 1

Level 2

Kitchen

Living Room

Bedroom

Nursery

Backyard

Night View

No CC was used in this home
2 Bedrooms
2 Bathrooms

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Test Subject
#145 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:52 AM
Well, I started this with the intention of just messing around, seeing if I could build with rules. I wasn't intending to enter the contest, but it came out better than I thought it would. I figured.. what the heck? Why not give it a try?

I've never tried taking screenies of Sims before, so.. I apologize beforehand if they're a little wonky.

On to the house..

A contemporary 2 bedroom, 2 bath home, suitable for a small family. It includes a small home office for those workaholics, separate dining room, upstairs master bed and bath with balcony overlooking the pool and fruit trees, and a small starter garden for those who enjoy getting their hands dirty. The colors are warm browns, creams, and a sprinkling of deep red throughout. The house boosts a fully fenced yard, marble entryway, and ample windows.

1st Floor Bath

2nd Bedroom

Backyard

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/...ng?t=1279416884

No custom content
Lot Value:
Furnished- 113,783
Unfurnished- 66,548
Field Researcher
#146 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:54 AM Last edited by easypeaze : 18th Jul 2010 at 6:27 PM.
Default easypeaze~Grenadine~
Mathias Wilhelm came to Sunset Valley with some pomegranate seedlings and sheer grit, thus Grenadine was built. Subsequent heirs have updated and added on to the original homestead. Due some unfortunate investments and the economy the current owner can no longer keep Grenadine in the family. Grenadine is a lovely little home with mature landscaping, and a producing pomegranate orchard.

Street view

Living Room

Kitchen/Dining

Master Bedroom

Guest Room

Cozy Portico

Back of House

Floor Plan

Grenadine still retains its rustic charm.
2bdrm
1bth
No CC
Instructor
#147 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:18 AM Last edited by fragglerocks : 18th Jul 2010 at 8:08 AM.
Willow Cottage

Welcome to beautiful Willow Cottage! This cozy little house is perfect for the nature lover in you. The exterior of your new house will be the envy of all the neighbors. Calm their envy by inviting them over for a rousing game of Gnubb in the backyard. Er, on second thought, they may be jealous of that as well..

Front View

The top floor contains the hallway, master bedroom with private bath, and a cozy study with a fireplace.

Top Floor

The bottom floor contains the entryway, living area, dining room, kitchen, guest bedroom and another bathroom. The washing machine is located in the kitchen.

Bottom Floor

The living area boasts an LCD TV and video game system. A teenager could get lost in there. Make sure you remind them to go to school!

Living Area (off entryway)

The kitchen may be small, but you'd be surprised how much storage you have in there. Cooking will be a breeze with everything in its place! The blue color is very calming. And that dining room! I think I may faint from all this beauty!

Kitchen (off dining room)

There are two bedrooms in the house. The beautiful green and pink guest bedroom is located on the bottom floor. The boldly colored master bedroom is located on the top floor, next to a quaint study with a fireplace and loads of candles.

Bedrooms and Study

Well that is the end of our tour. Please don't forget to grab a brochure on your way out.

ETA: (No CC used) ETA: Changed the first picture.
Test Subject
#148 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:19 AM
Default One Bedroom Beach Hideway
Ever wanted to live in that perfect getaway on the beach, but restricted by ugly styles and cluttered floor plans?
Do you wake up every morning wishing that you could smell the fresh scent of the beach?

If you answered yes, I have a deal for you! This spacious, one bedroom, two bath home is located within 5 minutes walking distant to Sunset Valley Beach! Now you can wake up and smell the fish! :lovestruc
Secluded from the city, you don't have to worry about those pesky, noisy neighbors.

No CC

Furnished: 72,403
Unfurnished: 44,620

Street View:

Floor Plan:

Living Room:

Main Bathroom:

Dining Area:

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

Ensuite:

Backyard:
Inventor
#149 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:34 AM Last edited by gabrielorie : 18th Jul 2010 at 9:54 AM.
Amazing Houses Everyone :lovestruc .

Here's my entry .(I'm not good at building )

Brian moved to Sunset Valley in search of a change in lifestyle,but he soon missed his old home in Champs Les Sims so built this one in the style of his old home.I present to you...

The French Parlor

Road View

It isn't too fancy but i kinda like it because of that .

Living-Room

In most homes you may see speakers besides a tv but brian was madly in love with nectar so he had nectar racks instead .

Kitchen

Brian is Eco Friendly so he likes plants.

Bar

Which sim dosent like to get drunk

Bathroom

Bedroom

Pool Area

Great for throwing parties

Top View

No CC

Price Furnished $124,693
Price Unfurnished $41,823

Enjoy .
Mad Poster