Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 3:01 PM Last edited by Nors : 11th Apr 2010 at 6:17 PM. Reason: :D
Tip tutorial: Save as .package in TSR Workshop
Hi guys! Welcome to this Mini Tip Tutorial Today I'll show you how to save as .package in TSR Workshop. I think many users wonder
Quote:
Hey! Where the heck did the "File → Export as ... Package" goes?

They "took away" that feature some versions ago. But it is here, just in a place you may not look in..

So let's begin. I'll use the latest version of Workshop. (RC4)
Download RC4

First make sure that you have "Package exporter" checked in Edit → Preferences → Plugins. Otherwise you won't be able to do this.

1.So when you're finished with your project you can go to Edit → Project contents

2.Then a new little pop-up window will show up. With heaps of text strings and "random" stuffs. But don't worry we won't touch that!
Go to Export → To .package.

3.One more window will show up. Here just fill in your creator name and website. You can't skip this so just fill it in. If you don't have a website fill it with something like modthesims.info/member.php?u=blabla or so. You maybe feel like "Uuuuh. Must I fill that in EVERY TIME?" Nope. Just hit Do not ask me next timeThen click OK

4.Another window will come. Here you save your .package. Navigate to your desktop so you can install it with "The Install Helper Monkey" or to your Mods → Packages folder. Type in a name like "nors_myproject" hit "Save" then. Congratulations! You're finished! Go and check out your project in game now.

Hope you find out this mini tip tutorial helpful Feel free to comment!

Til' next time- have fun
-Nors

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
16 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 6:38 PM
Wow Nors, it's as if you have read my mind. I was looking how to export to package.
A question: once I have changed the Preference to export to package, and I want to export that same project to Sims3pack too, do I have to change the Preference again?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 6:17 PM
No. You can just save as a sims3pack with the usual File → Eport → To Sims3Pack even if you have that preference checked

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:05 AM
How do change a sims3pack to .package?
Roger
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 7:51 AM
Default Incomplete
Well, thanks for that. Too bad you forgot to mention how to *import* the file into TSRW. Oh, well. I'm sure someone else will know how to do that. Thanks.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 8:49 AM
To use a .package as a basis for a Workshop project, use New Project | New Import. Next... Then browse to your package (change the filetype filter to suit). That will effectively do a clone, and unique renumber the resources from the package to make a new object.

Alternatively, to work on your package in Workshop without renumbering, create a throwaway project using the same or similar object as your base. Then go to Edit | Project contents and delete ALL the resources in the list. Then use the Import option, and import your package into Project contents. This method is also correct for a project you have exported to package temporarily to work on in another tool.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:11 AM
I have a few sims3pack files now - And one issue has become apparent during play and affects Store items as well... It seems that the Inbuilt Sims 3 Launcher can only install a set number of Packs... Methinks EA are just trying to be awkward and stop people making mods...

Yet Package files pick up OK! This maybe why so many people want to know how to make them...

I am already having issues with some sims3packs and may well have to do this... Which is all well and good, but I would prefer to put a collection of items together as a Single package... Is that possible???
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th May 2012 at 11:12 AM
Very simple:
  • Download and install S3PE
  • Start S3PE and go File -> New
  • Right-click anywhere in the S3PE window, and go Import -> From .package
  • Select all the .package files you want to combine, click Yes a couple of times, let it do its thing
  • Save

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 5:35 AM
I dont want to raise the dead but ''export as package'' out of TSRW will give you a package wich contains all files uncompressed.
You need to compress them again with S3PE otherwise you end up with bigger filesize.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 2:52 AM
If anyone doesn't understand this, I have made a YouTube video of how to do this: click here
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 12:53 PM
Hmmm...the latest version of TSRW doesn't have the "export as package" option any more!

Why does TSR have this preference toward S3p when it's such a buggy and messy way to install stuff\?