Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 2:51 PM
Many details (in behaviour and furnishings), animations, facial expressions and so on.

Like the toddler huggle that came with AL. :lovestruc

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:07 PM
The facial expressions are very nicely done indeed. I tend to play at such a zoomed out level I don't always notice some of the tiny details. However I've been trying to master taking in game pictures more lately so I have the cinematics turned off. I zoomed in to take some photo's of a wedding in progress and they make the sweetest, goofiest, lovestruck faces when they are getting married. It made it hard to get a decent photo but it was pretty darn sweet all the same.

I also particularly like the animations when they play poker, Sims have so many tells!
Forum Resident
#28 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by junglewildchild
They way when a sim flushes the toilet while another one is in the shower, the one in the shower screams and gets mad. Love it.

Really?.....Iv'e never tried that! How realistic and funny! XD
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:14 PM
I've always liked the "collapse in absolute desperation" action-it shows that things are not always perfect in the game, even if it's a silly reason-like Mortimer has aspiration failure because one of his kids didn't get an A!
He got bundled off to the Asylum for a stay to get a grip on reality. He thought life was hard-that place is horrible!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle
The animation when an alien is born. Funny, cute, generally awesome.

Yes!
And the male Sim is all "...........AWWWW *SNUGGLE*"

I also love how shy Sims dance. It's absolutely adorable. I make one of my favourite Sims, who has NO personality points for the shy/outgoing section dance all the time. She's probably really P.O.'d at me 'cos I do it so much.

Also. God bless the Smustle. So many different moves. Especially the Thriller move.
And, and I'll finish after this, the sea chantey. It annoys a lot of people, but it's great. Yar har har, a lidey-pidey dee. Smeilie furdy silber, a homa sooba lee!
...I have no clue.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DM was on fire!
Also. God bless the Smustle. So many different moves. Especially the Thriller move.

And, and I'll finish after this, the sea chantey. It annoys a lot of people, but it's great. Yar har har, a lidey-pidey dee. Smeilie furdy silber, a homa sooba lee!
...I have no clue.

I love the Smustle as well they all look so silly doing it, best when you get a group all in time and in the same direction. Always makes me smile!

The sea chantey? Not so much. Actually if I never hear that nasty little song again I'll be quite happy. I've got a mod that keeps them from starting it autonomously and yet I still won't let anyone learn it in my new hood. It spread like the bad virus it is in my former hood to the point of making me mental. Actually now that I think about it that would be a good hair trigger for a serial killer story line. :D
Instructor
#32 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DM was on fire!
...I have no clue.

Thriller moveeeee :lovestruc

-runs off and makes my sims smustle until the point of exhaustion-

I love the Peek-a-Boo action when done between a toddler and a child. It's so cute.
Scholar
#33 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:36 PM
I love the surprised animation where their eyes are so huge and their hands are palm out and they jump up into the air. Not only have I had sims do that when someone was giving birth, but also when the mother had a pregnancy bump.

I also like the item descriptions. They're hilarious and they always give me a little laugh while I do the immensely dull task of placing furniture.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Instructor
#34 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:45 PM
I love how dogs nuzzle their babies. It's like nawwwww.

P.S- Wow, I seem to like alot of the little things about the Sims 2. Kind of almost (stress ALMOST) makes up for all the ergh-ness when it comes to the game.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:52 PM
One of my sims was cooking and when another sim walked into the room he made this "mmmmm, smells good" sort of animation. Soooo cute!
Theorist
#36 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:59 AM
I like to see when Sims die- especially by drowning. The way they desperately try to breathe is really funny
Instructor
#37 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
I like to see when Sims die- especially by drowning. The way they desperately try to breathe is really funny

Remind me not to tick you off.
Theorist
#38 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 12:19 PM
Why? Having me killing MY sim in my game won't ruin your game wouldn't it?
Instructor
#39 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Why? Having me killing MY sim in my game won't ruin your game wouldn't it?

Of course it would! Cough.
Knowing the Sims, they'll be all:
Sim1:"Psst, did you hear vhanster totally killed his sim last night!"
Sim2:"No way!"
Sim1: "Yeah way!" -hand wiggle-
Sim2: -giggle-

.. then they'll go back to gossiping about burnt dinners.
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 5:51 PM
I love the cinematics for alien birth, marriage, and university graduation. I love how the Grim Reaper actually has a bio, if you somehow manage to make him selectable. I also love all the creatable custom content.

- CandinFat(:
Scholar
#41 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 6:19 PM
Wow! What's his bio say?
I love the amount of attention they gave to each Sim. The storyline of each neighborhood would fall apart if a single sim was taken out.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Test Subject
#42 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat
Wow! What's his bio say?
I love the amount of attention they gave to each Sim. The storyline of each neighborhood would fall apart if a single sim was taken out.

It says something like:

Quote:
Favorite Band: Styx
BA: Alumni of University of Hawaii
I like it when you take long walks on the beach.

I'm just paraphrasing for now, I'll take a photo of it later.

- CandinFat(:
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candinfat
It says something like:

I'm just paraphrasing for now, I'll take a photo of it later.

- CandinFat(:

His favorite band is Styx? That is supremely funny, always knew they would be part of the soundtrack from Hell.
Page 2 of 2